The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Sleep paralysis research  (Read 81668 times)

Offline ScouseLad

• View Profile
Re: Sleep paralysis research
« Reply #125 on: 25/09/2006 06:50:30 »
WOW. thank you. I'll try that..

quote:
Originally posted by arunescu

I'm glad I found this thread. All my life I thought only I suffered from this "thing" which is the most frightening experience ever

I had sleep paralisys very often as child - maybe weekly. in time the episodes have diminished in number but I was still experiencing it once every 6 months as a teenager

I'm 26 now and haven't had one for a long time - maybe 2 or 3 years

In all these occurences an evil presence was around me - and it was always a woman though I can't describe her figure. The feeling can be described as being burried alive and there was nothing I could do. couldn't move, couldn't speak and the most interesting thing was that I was awake - could see the room and the evil presence around me. I believe there is nothing more frightening in this world than sleep paralysis

as a teenager, even though I realized there are no ghosts, UFOs, poltergeist, etc I was still frightened while paralised as that presence was so real in the room and it wasn't a dream although it feels like one

in time I developed an escape method and become experienced in doing this: maybe someone who still suffers from sleep paralisys can apply it as well:

while paralysed try to contract and expand your butt muscles very fast - you will then be able to move other muscles untill you will be in control of your whole body and be able to "wake up"

I guess we all tried hard to escape these episodes but lately I wanted just to stay there in that state and see what happens without trying to escape........ it never happened again though...still waiting :)

Arun

Offline ScouseLad

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 25/09/2006 07:20:11 »
I red about 1 and a half pages of this subject, and got lazy. Anyway I can go to bed if I want, and willingly suffer sleep paralisis. I have looked it up before because it used to terrorise me. The way that I don't suffer from it these days is by sleeping on my front. I cannot sleep on my back or I am 80% - 90% sure it will happen again to me... (unless there is someone else in the room or bed or couch)

Many times however, do i wake up lying on my back from the weirdest OBE's (Out of Body Experiences).
If you suffer from sleep paralisis do not read on if you get scared easily.
To me, when this happens (OBE) I actually feel asif my soul is leaving my body. And I think that is genuinly what has happend to me before. I don't care if you don't beleave in you have a soul and physical sensors are all in your brain or whatever... People who suffer from brain damage etc are all still there.. they just cant refer or relate the way they used to.
Anyway going back a couple of weeks to when it last happend.. I went asleep on my stomach (as I always do) and woke up on my back, however before i woke up on my back... I woke up (or so it seemed).. And then i proceeded to get out of bed, without my body, and float.. (can't think of a better word 2 describe the moving) to my door, and to try and get out of my bedroom.. However I could not open my door as i couldn't use my hands (because theyre on my body).. And so looking around, or down, you don't see legs.. It's asif you can float around, but its like learning to walk again.. And so because i could't open the door I thought this is bad, and tried screaming but couldn't. Then what I always do is think to throw myself to the floor in an attempt to make a noise and hopefully woke up someone else in the house. But I float down to the floor, feel like a beeched whale and then wake up. Weird eh?..
Another time I went asleep on my back, drifted off, woke up, couldn't move. This was a few months back now, but still vivid in my memory.. anyway i woke up and was completely relaxed but I was trying lightly to move.. When I felt myself lifting up through the roof, and I could see all the house tops around me, and I thought about visiting some friends who live very close by, but I began to get terrified thinking asif I was dying or something.. And relaxed back letting my soul enter my body.. Or so it seems...
I think that the old lady may also somehow be where the grim reper comes from,(as in different cultures its different hilusanations) as it's something we can think and comprehend that is going to kill us before we die and can float off I don't where..  
Some of my friends have suffered from sleep paralisis also, although not as frequently as myself, and without the weird things that happen to me, and I'm always the one whos started the topic of conversation about it before realising that they suffer from it.
I'm not sure if many other people experience soul leaving the body experiences.. but I know I have.
I also beleave that when you die you experience sleep paralisis.. but in a much less terrorising way.. a more relaxed way.. I like to think.. This is because waking up from sleep paralisis sometimes I think to myself 'I was sure I was going to die'.. Then forget what actually happend, but when also knowing it was sleep paralisis. Like kind of when you have a dream and within a few seconds its erased from your memory.. I can't actually think of anything more to say about my own experiences...

Peace...

Offline N2Jesus

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 27/09/2006 15:10:13 »
I'm 19, and I've been dealing with sleep paralysis since I was about 10 years old.  My episodes come in clusters.  I'll experience SP many times in one week, then go a couple weeks without it happening.  Though I usually only experience paralysis along with a sensed presence, occasionally it's much worse.

Once I was napping on my couch and I woke up suddenly unable to move (blah blah).  I remember that I was paralysed for a long time and I was trying very hard to move.  Then I suddenly woke up and sat up on my couch.  I called my dad on the phone and then I called a friend.  I suddenly realized that I wasn't really awake, I was having a lucid dream then.  I then woke up on the couch again but couldnt move.  I then "woke up" for a third time.  I immediately realized it was only a dream.  I remember walking around my room thinking how real everything seemed.  I then got weirded out because I knew I was still paralysed on the couch.  I woke up on my couch paralysed again.  I then saw shadows of peoples feet moving around the room and I thougt someone had broken in.  I then woke up for real.

Another time, which was more recent, I was sleeping on my couch again.  I woke up paralysed.  I tried very hard to move my feet and legs to wake myself up.  Then I felt someone picking me up by my hair.  I felt like the thing picking me up was an evil being.  I then felt like I was lying on my back and flying down an endless hallway.  I also felt like I was flying around the "being" that picked me up.  He said something to me that was very vivid in my dream, but when I woke up, I couldn't remember what he said.

Anywho, I'm a little tired of typing, haha.

Offline lph

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 29/09/2006 01:40:43 »
Thanks for everyone who have posted their experiences.

i've just googled my experience and found this website, i've never posted a thread or blog before because i always think people who do so, are people who haven't got anything better to do so with their lifes!
but this is different, recently i've experienced exactly what many of you have posted. to tell you the truth it's terrified me, i've recently found my religon again and have thought that i'm allowing my religous beliefs to overtake me unconsciencely. But from reading this i'm comforted that, i'm not alone in my experiences (i thought i was losing it! :))

But i'm not sure if this is a medical or spiritual issue?

Just to give you an idea, i can now sense when it's going to happen (2-3 minutes before they do so) when i'm half alseep and they have been getting worse?!?, well they've been more concerning and realistic/ and darker recently. it now happens 2-3 times a night - 3/4 times a week. Last night for the first time i saw a figure standing above me on my bed (it looked like me, a double...but i'm not sure) the night before that i saw i white round orb going to and from my face from the far wall from my bed, i can open my eyes but i can't scream or move. im suffering from paralysis! usually i think i see dark shadows moving around the room, but i wonder if this is just my mind playing tricks on me?

on every experience my head is ringing or buzzing, and i need to shake myself to getting out of this - but i'm feeling weaker and weaker from my first experince. They are lasting alot longer now!

i've tried everything from prayer before sleeping, to attempting to say the lords prayer whilst it's happening to me. neither has worked in stopping it!

if this is something spiritual it certainly isn't something good or nice, my only other comfort apart from now knowing others have experienced similar incidents and that i'm not a nutter! is that where there is evil there must be a good - certainly re-inforces my faith in a higher power/ or greater power (for me, being god).

Thanks again to everyone who have recorded their comments, i only decided to google this after what i experienced last night - with seeing that image of myself, and it's really given me a piece of mind that i'm not alone.

ta

Offline fm47

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/usudanceparty
« Reply #129 on: 29/09/2006 09:31:27 »
Wow, this thread just grows and grows.  Anyhow, I had a couple more sp experiences since I've last posted.  What's hilarious is that it's become a game for me.  I realized that if I begin to feel fear, it becomes sudden hell.  In the darkness (which seems to be the recent theme, where everything is just a dark nothingness), my leg started to be tugged, I thought, "Crap, I'm thinking of fear" and just that thought alone made that tug an yanking.  Soon I was playing tug-of-war with... hm, I wonder what it was.  Anyhow, the "thing" pulling my leg, although was "winning", could not pull me away from where I was (although I was really nowhere inside the vast of darkness), perhaps a few inches.  Then it started spinning me around and around, as if trying to twist the attachment between me and the surface apart.  It didn't work.
The day after that, I thought, "If I thought fear... it becomes scary, but what if I thought of... her (a particular girl I've had a crush on for a while)?  So I tried my best to remember, and I did.  I began thinking her name, repeating it in my head and thinking of her image.  Although it didn't work out as planned, I met with a different girl... of which I've cannot say I have had any real experience or imaginations with.  It was very brief, as if I couldn't sustain the ability to "control" my dream, and I woke up.

What do I make of this?
A) It's all in the mind in these two cases
B) Experimentation with such phenomenons are scary.  Why?  Because sometimes you think "maybe I'll just let it win and 'take me', but just before it feels like it's really going to take you, you panic.  I imagine it to be the sudden regret of those committing suicide.
C) These two dreams do not conclude what my beliefs of SP are.

For those who are interested in experimenting with it, please share your experiment results :D

Offline Kir

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 04/10/2006 22:47:28 »
I had to look this issue up to see if there was a forum topic.
Ive had a read through and it clearly prooves i'm not going insane..
I'm 17 and I have had this experience 3 times.. The first was about a year ago. The pinning to the bed happened and the buzzing in my ear. And to the right side of me was a white figure of a bloke laying next to me. Scared me half to death but I didn'y know whether it was a dream, it felt so real. The second time was about 2 months ago. I could feel the similar feeling as the first. But my cousin died last december and I figured Whats the worst that could happen and I let it pin me with no struggling. I said hello and it said hello back. This was not the frightening feeling everyone else is describing. This was a warming feeling and it talked to me I asked why it was there and it said "to keep you company" It could have all been a halucination but it told me to close my eyes and go to sleep, and as I did I felt stroking of my hair and arm. After this amazing experience I thought nothing of it. Untill about 5 days ago. It happend again.. i let myself get pinned again said hello and it replyed. I asked where it was and the next moment a black ( I dont know how to describe it) appeared merging itself together.. It was a horrible feeling and not the nice one i had felt the second time.. The fear caused me to struggle and I couldnt shout. My mother was downstairs but I couldnt scream. But as I sruggled The blackness just merged into itself and vanished.. I then got up and grabbed my mobile phone.. And turned on my side reading my phone. I left it by the pillow allowing me to know whether it was a dream or not. I then looked around me room and there were a few white figures although I See that as my eyes playing up because I had just switched my lamp on and off. I woke up the next day and the phone possition prooved that it was no dream.  

Sleep paralysis Is the most terrifying thing ive ever experienced. Most of my mates shrug it off as if i'm making it up.. only one person i know has experienced it for themselves. From now on I won't sleep on my back. Only my side. I'm just so glad i'm not the only one who goes through this.

Offline ursularanis

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 07/10/2006 05:28:43 »
I have this rather strange phenomenon happening over the past 6 years or so. I awake from sleep and as I am about to fall back to sleep I go into what I can only describe as a quazi altered state. The sensation is a kind of fuzziness and shifting with a buzzing noise in my ears. I have on occasion willed myself to reproduce this event. It is neither pleasant or unpleasant but a bit disconcerting. I often fight it and am able to come back to ordinary consciousness. The last time this occured I heard whispering voices. Have you heard anyone else describe such symptoms?
Thank you for your time.
Ursula

Ursula

Offline Hardly hannah_x

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 13/10/2006 14:55:46 »
I was looking up sites about sleep paralysis, as "weird" things have been happening to me and many occasions.
I'm not sure yet what they are fully but it's good to hear i'm not the only one and i'm not going mental.
They are all very similar to what is stated here but they just seen so slear and real!
Strange eh?
I may be young but i understand the thngs that isee, get me?
It's one of the most terrifying things i've experienced aswell and i strongly dislike how people tend not to belive me beecause it makes me doubt what i've experienced.
Just glad to hear i'm not mad.

Offline tachox2

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 18/10/2006 05:25:49 »
I've read of others clearly seeing things, hearing voices, having sex with things, etc. but I have not had that experience.  Well except for 2 shadow figures that attacked me one time but they were just dark images.  Anyways, I don't believe the previous poster is crazy.

My SP goes back 28 years starting at the young age of 14.  Took me 26 years to figure out what it was and find others that had it!  I rarely get them anymore but had the typical experiences (loud buzzing, unable to stay awake, wake up immediately and can't move, and, of course, a sense of dread/evil).  

One way I found to defeat the process is to move while the buzzing sound starts.  It takes a huge amount of effort though as it feels like I've been drugged and have zero energy.  If I do move, it breaks the buzzing, then I wait for the buzzing to completely end and go to sleep without the SP.

One thing that I can't find anywhere is an explaination of the loud (painful) buzzing sound that starts the SP.  I would rate it as a moderate headache.  If anyone has a link, please post it.

Offline jjpoirier

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 18/10/2006 07:26:27 »
hi all,

i actually just got up (2:30am) and tried to google a search of this frightening experience. i could not sleep cause i am to freaked.

i have had similiar experiences to the ones posted on this site. i am glad to have found such a forum.

i'll explain while its fairly fresh in my mind... its as though i am just about to sleep or feel half asleep. i had my eyes open, and i could not move but it felt as though my body was shaking or convulsing. i couldnt speak or yell. the room seemed a bit brighter then usual and with my body sorta shaking, either my eyes where shaking to or kinda earthquake happening. it seemed at the time it was the house. i remember a kind of noise as well, but not sure what it was. my wife was sleeping beside me and i thought something was happening to her or that she was talking. i have fought to wake up from something before but this was really bad, it felt as though i was close to death. if i had stayed in that state i thought sure it was over. it felt like something was gonna leave my body or some sort of possesion. definately felt bad.  when i finally woke my wife was asleep so she didnt wake so i know i couldnt have woken her. when i turned towards her she must have been in a nightmare at the time. it sounded as though i heard whimpers or fear like noises. after i put my hand on her she stopped. almost as though she dreampt me going through this?? it was the worst sleep/terror paralysis i have had to date.

something that also is wierd that others may experience. is halucinations. im talking when you wake during the night and see thing and u are sure they are real. I have been experiencing these since age of 12. (27 on oct 24). i have seen bugs on my bed, snakes on the floor, dirt on the bed :P including my coat which  i thought for sure was there and tried to take it off the bed and my wife woke and asked what  i was doing and as i told her i started to realize there was no coat and i was trying to through the blankets on the floor. mostly i halucinate these days is my pet rat got out of the cage somehow and is on the bed or under the sheets. it freaks me out cause its as though i see her plain as day and i have went to pick her up and feels as though i touch her and as i begin to realize i cant pick her up or if i whip the sheets off me or turn on the light there is nothing of course. just my wife thinking im crazy and half dozed and little cranky cause i woke her.

i appologize if i got off topic a bit but was to freaked to sleep. still skethcy if i should [V] i will post past experiences and new experiences when they happen of this sleep/terror paralysis when i can.

g'night all

Offline catfishbiff

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 19/10/2006 20:47:01 »
I cannot say that in my terrifying experience that I ever hallucinated or heard anything, but I did experience that paralyzation and terror that I won't soon forget.  I took a nap in my college dorm room and woke up, unable to move or make an oral noise.  The only thing that I remember being able to do was blink.  The terror that I felt is unsurpassed by anything I've ever experienced; I thought that I would be lying there still as stone until my roommates believed me to be diceased.  Finally, I remember trying to whistle to get the attention of one of my roommates in the next room, and I thankfully regained all range of motion.  Like most others, I googled this system and now a mere hour later I am reliving the most frightening moment of my 18 year old life. I sympathize with all of you.

Offline terrytoh

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 24/10/2006 21:56:45 »
From what I gone through, I strongly feel that stress is the main cause of sp. We should try to reduce our stress...Hope everyone here is listening...

Offline fm47

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/usudanceparty
« Reply #137 on: 28/10/2006 10:27:41 »
I agree that stress seems to be a big factor on why people get SP.  But sometimes, stress or not, SP just happens and it makes you wonder between what's just a dream and what's more than a dream.  Some SP experiences I've had I conclude in that they were simply of stress and daily analysis, but certain other ones...

Offline ScouseLad

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 17/11/2006 12:20:10 »
hi all,

i actually just got up (2:30am) and tried to google a search of this frightening experience. i could not sleep cause i am to freaked.

i have had similiar experiences to the ones posted on this site. i am glad to have found such a forum.

i'll explain while its fairly fresh in my mind... its as though i am just about to sleep or feel half asleep. i had my eyes open, and i could not move but it felt as though my body was shaking or convulsing. i couldnt speak or yell. the room seemed a bit brighter then usual and with my body sorta shaking, either my eyes where shaking to or kinda earthquake happening. it seemed at the time it was the house. i remember a kind of noise as well, but not sure what it was. my wife was sleeping beside me and i thought something was happening to her or that she was talking. i have fought to wake up from something before but this was really bad, it felt as though i was close to death. if i had stayed in that state i thought sure it was over. it felt like something was gonna leave my body or some sort of possesion. definately felt bad.  when i finally woke my wife was asleep so she didnt wake so i know i couldnt have woken her. when i turned towards her she must have been in a nightmare at the time. it sounded as though i heard whimpers or fear like noises. after i put my hand on her she stopped. almost as though she dreampt me going through this?? it was the worst sleep/terror paralysis i have had to date.

something that also is wierd that others may experience. is halucinations. im talking when you wake during the night and see thing and u are sure they are real. I have been experiencing these since age of 12. (27 on oct 24). i have seen bugs on my bed, snakes on the floor, dirt on the bed :P including my coat which  i thought for sure was there and tried to take it off the bed and my wife woke and asked what  i was doing and as i told her i started to realize there was no coat and i was trying to through the blankets on the floor. mostly i halucinate these days is my pet rat got out of the cage somehow and is on the bed or under the sheets. it freaks me out cause its as though i see her plain as day and i have went to pick her up and feels as though i touch her and as i begin to realize i cant pick her up or if i whip the sheets off me or turn on the light there is nothing of course. just my wife thinking im crazy and half dozed and little cranky cause i woke her.

i appologize if i got off topic a bit but was to freaked to sleep. still skethcy if i should [V] i will post past experiences and new experiences when they happen of this sleep/terror paralysis when i can.

g'night all

I think that this sometimes goes hand in hand with sleep paralisis.
I had a kind of thing the same as this the other night. I was asleep and me and my friend had been out on the town, drinking and socialising with other people. But i know it wasnt the alcoholc that effected this, because it also happend another time when I wasn't drunk. Anyway..
I was sleeping, and when I woke up I seen like a fat guy hovering above my bed, and i screamed out a kind of 'UGH' sound. Then i looked at my friend sleeping on a matress on the floor and he made a noise and rolled over, so I knew that I had made the noise out loud, and then I just went back to sleep.

Another time I was dreaming that I was on my bed, and couldn't move, and my friend said to me 'lets put this game on the xbox' so i said 'alright'. Then all the other people in the room started rapping as he was reaching for the game, saying thing like 'Pac man (his nickname) is puttin da game on game on'. (lol i have alot of black friends) and then he came over to me and passed me the game.. as i leaned up to grab it i woke up. Then as I was awake I could still see him for a few seconds, and then he like turned into my lamp, and i was sitting up reaching out to the lamp.
This is a bit weird but they where the only two times I have hillusanated off waking up.

But scientifically.. I think that its maybe an overactive sleeping brain that causes this..
I know that your body realeases some chemical into your blood that paralises you when you sleep, and when you wake up this chemical is still in your brain or blood and thats the reason people suffer from sleep paralises.
The same thing could be happening for hillusanated from being asleep. You could just still have some chemical in your blood/brain, and when you wake up fully you realise that the thing actually isnt there.

Anywayz jus thought that would help.
1 Love. x

Offline drtcjraj

• First timers
    • View Profile
Sleep paralysis research
« Reply #139 on: 08/01/2007 13:13:10 »
why psoriasis aggravate in winter?

Offline ChaoticBliss

• ...word...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Gallery:
Sleep paralysis research
« Reply #140 on: 11/04/2007 04:38:51 »
Hey

This has happened to me as well, and often with a blanket over my face to the point where I am only telling myself to "just let go" and die already. It is very frightening, and something I don't want to have to deal with ever again.

ChaoticBliss

Offline Negin -(Universe)

• View Profile
Sleep paralysis research
« Reply #141 on: 11/04/2007 22:12:50 »
i thought i was the only one who suffered from SP a few times during the past 18 years. I didnt even know it had a name. same with dreaming about havin done somthing and waking up an realizing that you were just dreaming. it is such a frustrating moment when you realize you wasted all that time dreaming about what you should be doing and not actually doing it!!!

Offline coolgirl123

• First timers
    • View Profile
Sleep paralysis research
« Reply #142 on: 16/04/2007 20:47:26 »
I logged on after a long time to update on a recent sp attack. I think I got a way to kill the attack now. A couple of ways actually.
#1 -- Soon as you feel you are going to get the attack, which i guess 90% of us have acknowledged that we know it just a split second before it actually happens, try hard to move --its very difficult, needs a lot of energy but still worth the try. The problem is that the SP re-occurs again in a few seconds. So you have to do this a few times
#2 -- If you believe in God just call for his name. Try to call for his name loudly, but you cant open ur mouth, so just in your mind try to call for His name.

I tried both these methods and though the SP occured I was able to chase it away in a few seconds. Though before chasing I did feel like some lifted me and was hurling me in circles around the room

I have stopped getting these attacks after marriage as I no longer sleep alone, but sometimes if hubby is playing a game and I'm sleeping alone, I do have these episodes  (More reasons for me to convince hubby not to play video games at night ;)

Offline Dom_01

• First timers
    • View Profile
Sleep paralysis research
« Reply #143 on: 22/04/2007 13:18:23 »
I had my first experience of SP last night, but when i woke up this morning i knew what had happend. At the time of course, i thought what was happening was very real!!

I had spent most of Friday afternoon at work reading ghost stories, (Friday afternoon is never a productive time for me). I found this particular story quite interesting newbielink:http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=746 [nonactive].

My particular experience was slightly uncomfortable but not scary. I 'woke up' to find one of my house mates in my room after she had come back form a night out. I knew she was in my room but i couldn't see her, i couldn't move my head either to look to where i could hear her. It was only until she came very close that i could make out her body shape, in black. My vision was very poor, as if i was trying to force my eyes open while sleeping. Obvioulsy, it was night and dark so that didn't help.

I was asking her to help me, and that i couldn't move. She came over to me and sat on my bed and just cuddled me for a while. I then must have gone back into proper sleep.

Nothing major i know.

1) That house mate moved out a week ago. There was no way she could have been in my room.
2) It felt so real, i could feel her touching me.
3) This has never happened to me before - i am 28
4) Why, after reading stories about this condition 2 days before, would it then happen to me?? What happened to my brain? This is what i really want to know.
5) Will it happen again?

I would welcome any feedback with great interest.

On anther note. Has anyone experience increased G-force while sleeping?? Maybe another post from me later

Thanks
Dom
« Last Edit: 22/04/2007 13:21:55 by Dom_01 »

Offline coolgirl123

• First timers
    • View Profile
Sleep paralysis research
« Reply #144 on: 04/05/2007 21:53:28 »
I had my first experience of SP last night, but when i woke up this morning i knew what had happend. At the time of course, i thought what was happening was very real!!

I had spent most of Friday afternoon at work reading ghost stories, (Friday afternoon is never a productive time for me). I found this particular story quite interesting newbielink:http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=746 [nonactive].

My particular experience was slightly uncomfortable but not scary. I 'woke up' to find one of my house mates in my room after she had come back form a night out. I knew she was in my room but i couldn't see her, i couldn't move my head either to look to where i could hear her. It was only until she came very close that i could make out her body shape, in black. My vision was very poor, as if i was trying to force my eyes open while sleeping. Obvioulsy, it was night and dark so that didn't help.

I was asking her to help me, and that i couldn't move. She came over to me and sat on my bed and just cuddled me for a while. I then must have gone back into proper sleep.

Nothing major i know.

1) That house mate moved out a week ago. There was no way she could have been in my room.
2) It felt so real, i could feel her touching me.
3) This has never happened to me before - i am 28
4) Why, after reading stories about this condition 2 days before, would it then happen to me?? What happened to my brain? This is what i really want to know.
5) Will it happen again?

I would welcome any feedback with great interest.

On anther note. Has anyone experience increased G-force while sleeping?? Maybe another post from me later

Thanks
Dom

Dom, I've faced almost the same type of situation as you have. And this is also a form of SP. I keep having so many episodes and most of them are the kind where I hear or even sense a person coming and sleeping next to me and that I'm trying to tell them that I'm scared because I had a SP spell and they kind of comfort me, I can feel the touch, hear voices , every thing is 100% real, except when I wake up a few mins later, I know that there is no one around me.

Now there are various ways to interpret this.

1) Its just a mind game -- mind is very very powerful, you are subconciously asking for someone to help or comfort you and mind is giving that to you ..obviously its the conscious which tells you its not physical, hence not true and so we get scared
2) Probably all this is real ..probably there is more than 1 world ...And dreams are just taking us to another world where in things are manifested, though not in physical form they are actually there and SP is a transition between the two worlds.

Last night I woke up when my son cried. he was up for an hour or so but went to bed after that. Unfortunately I couldnt go back to sleep until dawn, and then when I slept I had so many multiple episodes of SPs that its difficult to even write it in a post. But definitely the episodes are because of lack of sleep or some type of a sleep disorder. Has anyone in this forum tried to take any medical help? and if so does it help?

Offline coolgirl123

• First timers
    • View Profile
Sleep paralysis research
« Reply #145 on: 18/05/2007 22:32:46 »
Had one more SP yesterday night, but this one was so different from the rest.
It started off when i felt that someone was spinning me in circles very very fast, and then i remembered this was the SP attack that just started. I thought of trying to relax and just enjoy the feeling (like someone said in some earlier posts) and I actually started enjoying it when i felt that I was trying to get off my body, and then I suddenly got scared, tried hard to move and broke off the SP...
Looks like I'm being able to control it more that I could do a few months back.
Kinda scary, but still curious to know what would have happened if I allowed myself to continue relaxing and got out of my body...could i wander free-spirited?
why does it happen to jsut a few of us? is there something really really spiritual happening to us?

Offline zoofreakz

• First timers
    • View Profile
Sleep paralysis research
« Reply #146 on: 24/05/2007 13:42:33 »
Here is something that may interest you people.  I read this forum till the last 4 posts and I think you should know what I am doing about this matter, how I am using it to my advantage.  A very smart woman I'll call 'Nation' dealing with ordeals such as this and an expert on good and evil spirits.  I popped the question and told her of my mana research.  I'm 17 but I am still very interested in this stuff.  She told me that if I obsess over my research I will or my soul will walk towards the evil side and I will be forever lost.  I acknowledge what she said to me and I know for myself that I am tampering with forces that no being should.  When I think hard on my research, I get this feeling, at first its a loving feeling then I get this ..  Horrible sense.  Like GOD or Jehovah.. his name.  Doesn't want me tampering with his creations.  A am anyway because I'm just so curious..  Here is what I do.  I get one of my female friends (I find it more easy to work on a woman than a man - I am a man) and I put them in a paralysis sleep.  Then I hook up a radio frequency to their ear and mouth and somehow I can speak to their mana, or, spirit.  I tell the mana what to do and it does it, I tell my subject that to remember and what not to remember during my session.  It is my belief that our souls are in a different dimension but, are in the same place, and I use the living body (the spirit's host) to conduct some sort of a relay communication.  I had one of my subjects wright a letter to herself.. from her soul to her body.  We have 2 sets of ourself separated in 2 dimensions.. and Its my belief that there is a 3rd and 6th dimension, the evil and good side.  Dimension 1 is the living, 2 is our spirits, 3 is the good, 4 is the evil, 5 is hell, and 6 is heaven.  (I'll substitute Dimension for D) The 6th D is the 3rd D's creator (D3 is our Arch Angels)  The 5th D it the 4th D's subdivision for evil, a free evil. (D4 is the evil in this world.. and its very real.. the evil once said coming from a possessed body "I am the dark!!" (GOD created light to rid the dark) "I am the evil! I am everything that is evil! I am in these walls, I am everywhere!" - Thats all I can remember off of a priest's subject.. and yes, when evil possessed a living body, that body does indeed become more than human.  For example: When you feel like you are walking under water in your dream (your soul) and you cant move anything.. unlike the spirit that is yours, the evil.. which is always active and frankly lives in that dimension, can move things.  The priest's subject was a little girl, and she broke through a solid steal padlock and chains. - "Nothing can contain me" It appeared to me she was walking as if under water too. As opposed to you jumping out of your body and if feels in that world I you cant walk well.  The evil which possessed that little girl couldn't walk well in our dimension, like it cant control itself out of it's own dimension like us.  Make sense?  Don't get lost cause this is very hard to understand.
 *Here is a picture I made to give an idea of how this works* newbielink:http://images.cjb.net/756d2.jpg [nonactive]
Anyway, I talk to my subject's mana and tell it what to do, they are all VERY polite like they have never sinned before in it's life or existence.  I have done this to my girlfriend and I asked her mana if it would kill itself (kill herself) on my command and it said "no, i cannot do bad things" -it talked very polite and civilized the whole 6 hours or study.  I asked for it's first memory and they always say something similar to this. - "Allot of us, happy, a nice man made us, he gave us all instructions"
That makes perfect sense to me because they are not cabable of evil, polite, and try to give advice or tell the person 'its wrong to steal that'.
That is our real soul, our pure souls.  I have never believe in a GOD or anything and I have always believe in things that I can see till I started my study.  I have no choice but to conclude that there is good, evil, heaven, hell and souls.

But here is what I am tampering with, I am trying to get a subject's mana to move objects, like evil, but not evil. Study this image I have provided. newbielink:http://images.cjb.net/a23e9.jpg [nonactive]
And I am trying to put multiple subjects in paralysis and telling them all to meet at 1 location in the room and trying to contact eachother's mana.  Then getting them all to try to move an object (It is my theory that all that energy working together must be able to move something at least)  Image on how I plan to communicate with all subjects at once. newbielink:http://images.cjb.net/d39e3.jpg [nonactive]

Here is the question, do you believe I am tampering with forces I should not?  Will I cause some sort of dimention-overlap? 
Scientists who do not know of this are actually opening up one of the dimensions in the Franco-Swiss border this year around August of 2007! Its the CERN "Baby-Bang" experiment.  Will it free evil?  Or will it just kill everybody? - They said that the risk of it blowing up the Earth is calculated at about 10 to the minus 40 - a 1 in 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 chance.
newbielink:http://www.nzherald.co.nz/topic/story.cfm?c_id=325&objectid=10400645 [nonactive]

Any Questions? - Your thoughts please.

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Sleep paralysis research
« Reply #147 on: 24/05/2007 14:42:05 »
Many of these experiences sound similar to drug-induced hallucinations.  This can mean that you become incredibly susceptible to suggestion - Has anyone found that they experienced new aspects of sleep paralysis only after reading about it here? 

Here is the question, do you believe I am tampering with forces I should not?  Will I cause some sort of dimention-overlap? 

Likewise, by speaking to someone's 'mana' while they are in a hypnotised state, I would worry that you are subconsciously suggesting to your subjects the results you want to find.  So you're hypothesis would seem to be proven because you think that it's true, and then project this to the hypnotised people.  In other words, you are not contacting other dimensions but merely the reflections of your own ideas in hypnotised people.  It seems a great leap to me to assume that if we were to find additional dimensions, they would be evil. 

My only concern would be for the wellbeing of your subjects, as it doesn't sound like they have been through a psychological analysis to ensure that they are stable enough for the experiment.  I don't think you should stop your experiments though (on people who a professional has said are OK and who are willing), I may be cynical of your hypothesis but the only way we move forward is through rigorous experimentation, so stick at it.

Offline zoofreakz

• First timers
    • View Profile
Sleep paralysis research
« Reply #148 on: 25/05/2007 04:42:08 »
Sorry, you are wrong about that.  No I do not use any form or sort of drugs on my volunteers.  No they are not scared of what I am doing to them for before I work on them I make sure they know the risks, and everything their mana tells me is kept private between me and the individual.  The mana remembers every step, every word that the subject has ever said or done and saw including more.  All of the spirits or, mana that I have communicated through these subjects know things like what is in my wallet, umm.. looking at my report, Subject Jennifer Jane Garcia - (blah blah blah) saw everything in my filing cabinet and names while under hypnosis.  Then I had her soul or spirit wright a letter to herself .. like its 2 different people.  When she woke up I asked her to read it to me and it was nothing but life advice for her to deal with her problems.  where do these come from and why are they not cabable of evil?  I am very interested in my work, who wouldn't be?  These things, these forms of energy or whatever they may be.. we cannot explain what they are, where we came from exactly, and why 'we' can jump out of our bodies.  Those of you who are having these episodes.. Try to control then and look around and tell yourself to remember what you are seeing, you will be amazed.  Last week I found myself running out of my house, it was very dark outside but I saw everything a little brighter.  I went to a friend's house that was having a party that very night and looked through his window at all the people, then one of his friends looked at me and had a strange look on his face, then I suddenly floated so damn fast away from his house it was incredable.  Then I started to slow down to a run.  It felt like I was again, underwater but there was less gravity, the only way to run to my house was to lean forward and run with whatever gravity there was or grip the grass and use the grass to run.  When I jumped into my house I woke up and it was around 4:30 in the morning. 
If I could only get these women to all go to sleep at once, and get them to meet at one place, and if they can actually communicate with eachother..  It will be confirmed that they are in a dimension of just spirits and my theory is correct.  When I get all of this energy to fixate on moving a single object then actually moving it.  That will be biggest breakthrough in history, beside Einstein's Theory of Relativity.

Offline kdlynn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Sleep paralysis research
« Reply #149 on: 25/05/2007 04:46:16 »
it's not really my place to butt in... but don't you think this is a little risky? what if you can't get whatever it is to go back in? and why have you only experimented with women?

The Naked Scientists Forum

Sleep paralysis research
« Reply #149 on: 25/05/2007 04:46:16 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums