The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why are heterosexual men attracted to the vagina?  (Read 31101 times)

MDriver1981

Why are heterosexual men soo attracted to the vagina?
« Last Edit: 14/08/2012 10:15:09 by chris »

Offline Madidus_Scientia

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 16/02/2009 19:47:27 »
It may not neccessarily be specically the vagina, maybe just sex in general. The stronger the urge for sex, the more likely one is to reproduce. The more offspring one has, the more likely those genes will be passed on.

paul.fr

« Reply #2 on: 16/02/2009 22:40:57 »
Why are men, that like sex with women, attracted to the vagina! I hate to state the bleeding obvious...

Anyway, I doubt they all are. The are attracted to the female and the vagina happens to be a sexual organ.

blakestyger

« Reply #3 on: 16/02/2009 23:47:28 »
Strictly as a thought experiment - and I don't mean out of curiosity - would you show an interest in a woman that you knew did not have one?
« Last Edit: 16/02/2009 23:49:02 by blakestyger »

MDriver1981

« Reply #4 on: 17/02/2009 01:23:26 »
You mean a transsexual? 

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17/02/2009 02:33:48 »
Because they don't have one themselves... DUH!

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
« Reply #6 on: 17/02/2009 07:12:53 »
This is not exactly an interest which is confined to humans. There are many species where the male shows an interest in the vagina, a good sniff can tell the male if the female is close to oestrous and therefore worth keeping around in order to mate when the time is right.

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17/02/2009 07:27:29 »
What about homosexual animals?

Offline lightarrow

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17/02/2009 08:22:03 »
My opinion is that there are at least these two factors: a man instictively tries to "go through the world" with his personality and hunger for "conquear", "adventure" and "self affirmation"; a sort of "conquear of the castle" and the power of his "sword" in the middle ages; the second is the need to be inside the affection and tenderness of his mother.

Offline justaskin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17/02/2009 08:58:10 »
Because if they are not(attracted) then they are probably called homosexual. ;)

Cheers
justaskin

paul.fr

« Reply #10 on: 17/02/2009 10:04:38 »
Strictly as a thought experiment - and I don't mean out of curiosity - would you show an interest in a woman that you knew did not have one?

Who? Me?

If so then the answer would be, yes.

Offline lightarrow

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17/02/2009 14:51:07 »
It's not a thought experiment: most of them doesn't give it to you, so it's the same as if they hadn't   :)

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17/02/2009 19:38:20 »
My opinion is that there are at least these two factors: a man instictively tries to "go through the world" with his personality and hunger for "conquear", "adventure" and "self affirmation"; a sort of "conquear of the castle" and the power of his "sword" in the middle ages; the second is the need to be inside the affection and tenderness of his mother.
Another possibility is that it's a remarkably well designed place for him to put his *****.

Offline lightarrow

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17/02/2009 19:42:52 »
Another possibility is that it's a remarkably well designed place for him to put his *****.
Ah, yes, this is what I wanted to say!   :)

lyner

« Reply #14 on: 17/02/2009 21:30:38 »
There's an interesting issue about homosexuality here. People get all steamed up about homosexuality being 'unnatural'. It's a perfect solution in many situations. In social groups where there is a (successful) dominant male there would be an immense amount of dissatisfaction amongst the remaining males. This makes for a lot of competition (rutting stags and all that) and involves a huge energy overhead for the whole of the male population. You still need a strong sex drive, even for those males who don't manage to mate - Big George may die tomorrow and he will need a successor PDQ. Homosexual activity can be a good way to  divert the randy males until an opportunity arises. Many species exhibit this behaviour - so it IS natural.
Humans are such complex creatures that it is clearly a very valid life style. If one accepts that the primary function of sex is reproduction and assumes that the sex drive must be one of the strongest instincts then
a. at the very simplest level, homosexual behaviour is an excellent way of resolving frustrated desire.
and
b. on a much more sophisticated level, homosexual behaviour is a perfectly valid way of preserving the sexual urge and is in the general interests of the population. The alternative would be for males to say "no dice, so I'll watch the footie on TV". That characteristic would soon cause the species to die out. You really do have to second and third guess all human behaviour if you want to have a chance of understanding it.
As a heterosexual male, I can appreciate the wonders of the vagina but I can see how all the alternatives have their place in our evolution. "On the other hand...."

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 17/02/2009 22:08:34 »
Calling yourself Sophie makes me wonder too. Nothing has been said about females that like a bit of vagina. How would you explain that?

lyner

« Reply #16 on: 17/02/2009 22:28:03 »
Have you read my profile?

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17/02/2009 22:56:25 »
No, I'm reading "naked without a hat" at the moment. It is much more entertaining.

You still haven't explained about women who like vagina.
« Last Edit: 17/02/2009 23:01:24 by Make it Lady »

paul.fr

« Reply #18 on: 17/02/2009 23:05:38 »
No, I'm reading "naked without a hat" at the moment. It is much more entertaining.

Is that book kosher?

paul.fr

« Reply #19 on: 17/02/2009 23:06:26 »
Have you read my profile?

Or looked at his picture?

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17/02/2009 23:11:04 »
He seems to be a small water craft and not a transexual.

No one has answered my question yet. Stop perverting this thread.

paul.fr

« Reply #21 on: 17/02/2009 23:16:19 »
Hello Sailer [:I]

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17/02/2009 23:18:53 »
FOG sailor

paul.fr

« Reply #23 on: 17/02/2009 23:24:08 »
FOG sailor

OI, FOG off

The meanings of these homophones differ, but they are distinguishable only in writing or from context. A boat can be a good sailer because it sails well; but a good sailor is always “a person who is expert at sailing or helping to sail a boat” or, sometimes, “someone who never gets seasick.

http://www.bartleby.com/68/34/5234.html

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17/02/2009 23:27:16 »
There's an interesting issue about homosexuality here. People get all steamed up about homosexuality being 'unnatural'. It's a perfect solution in many situations. In social groups where there is a (successful) dominant male there would be an immense amount of dissatisfaction amongst the remaining males. This makes for a lot of competition (rutting stags and all that) and involves a huge energy overhead for the whole of the male population. You still need a strong sex drive, even for those males who don't manage to mate - Big George may die tomorrow and he will need a successor PDQ. Homosexual activity can be a good way to  divert the randy males until an opportunity arises. Many species exhibit this behaviour - so it IS natural.
Humans are such complex creatures that it is clearly a very valid life style. If one accepts that the primary function of sex is reproduction and assumes that the sex drive must be one of the strongest instincts then
a. at the very simplest level, homosexual behaviour is an excellent way of resolving frustrated desire.
and
b. on a much more sophisticated level, homosexual behaviour is a perfectly valid way of preserving the sexual urge and is in the general interests of the population. The alternative would be for males to say "no dice, so I'll watch the footie on TV". That characteristic would soon cause the species to die out. You really do have to second and third guess all human behaviour if you want to have a chance of understanding it.
As a heterosexual male, I can appreciate the wonders of the vagina but I can see how all the alternatives have their place in our evolution. "On the other hand...."
Ignoring Paul, I'm still interested in your views of lesbianism based on these comments about homosexuality. I am very interested in this topic as I am bisexual and would like to know why.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #24 on: 17/02/2009 23:27:16 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums