The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Saving Jade Goody - Urgent Humanitarian Appeal.  (Read 36639 times)

Offline NobodySavedMe

• View Profile
Saving Jade Goody - Urgent Humanitarian Appeal.
« on: 16/02/2009 22:18:34 »
Saving Jade Goody - Not Private Ryan.

As you have heard the world famous celebrity Jade Goody has been confirmed as having terminal cancer as was stated on the news.She is only 27 years old.

She was on Big Brother and many tv shows and was and is a very popular celebrity
adored by the masses.

I was devastated to hear she is dying.She has 2 children.She is only 27 years old.

Last night I cried and cried as I saw how she had been ravaged by cancer and chemo therapy which did not work, as usual.

I could not sleep all last night.

Her long beautiful hair is all gone and she is bald due to the terrible toxic poisons the doctors fed her with their fake promises.

I am very upset and I implore you, all you people who have knowledge of alternative cancer therapies to urgently contact her and save her please.

She can be contacted directly or through her agent Max Clifford.She must be advised
that there is hope and a possibility of living beyond the 27 years she has lived.

I urge you alternative cancer remedy experts to hurry as she has only a few months left to live.

This is a chance for you to shine and for you to save somebody famous who could then help you.

Last but not least please paray for her tonight in your parayers.

Please hurry.Time is of the essence.

« Last Edit: 16/02/2009 22:36:07 by NobodySavedMe »

paul.fr

Re: Saving Jade Goody - Urgent Humanitarian Appeal.
« Reply #1 on: 16/02/2009 22:34:34 »
Is this really the subject you should be addressing with the moronic views you hold?

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16/02/2009 23:29:28 »
And why would Ms Goody be any more deserving than the thousands of other cancer patients worldwide?

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17/02/2009 02:00:25 »
Last night I cried and cried as I saw how she had been ravaged by cancer and chemo therapy which did not work, as usual.
Her long beautiful hair is all gone and she is bald due to the terrible toxic poisons the doctors fed her with their fake promises.

Cervical cancer can be treated using surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, or a combination of these.
The form of treatment that is used will depend on the stage of the cancer and whether it has spread at the time of diagnosis.

Early-stage cancer that is confined to the cervix, offers an excellent outlook, with a success rate of over 85%.
However, if the cancer has spread to the vagina, surrounding tissues and pelvic area, or elsewhere, the outlook is less positive.
http://www.nhs.uk

Re: female celebrities with cancer, Kylie Minogue is looking well after her chemotherapy for breast cancer:
       evidently the hair loss due to chemotherapy is reversible.
« Last Edit: 17/02/2009 02:20:56 by RD »

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17/02/2009 04:17:10 »
Who the heck is Jade Goody? ???
Honestly, I've never heard of her!

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
« Reply #5 on: 17/02/2009 07:51:14 »
Who the heck is Jade Goody? ???
Honestly, I've never heard of her!

You're not alone. I had never heard of her until that B****Y Big Brother crap. So far as I can make out, she is a celebrity nobody, with a big foul mouth.

I'm sorry she has terminal cancer, but then I would feel the same for anyone in her position.

I have no wish to know the ins' & outs' of the remainder of her life. Doubtless the media will ensure that I can't turn on the TV or radio or open a newspaper without being subjected to a barage of information on her demise.

What about Mrs Smith of Anytown, who faces the same sad situation, will no reporter bother with her story?

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17/02/2009 08:00:42 »
Jeez, so that's what all the fuss is about. ::)::)

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
  • FOGger to the unsuspecting
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17/02/2009 08:04:09 »
I with you all above - It's a real shame when anyone gets cancer, nobody deserves it. But what's so special about her? I was actually going to include this as a part of the media hype thread.

She is not a celebrity in my view, even less any sort of bastian for cancer. She "deserves" no more than anyone else in her situation would receive, which, it has to be said, is probably the best cancer care there is anywhere in the world.

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17/02/2009 08:05:03 »
And now we've got ads of her at the bottom of the page....******

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17/02/2009 08:12:28 »
What is ******?
I can't think of a bad word that fits ???

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17/02/2009 08:18:45 »
What is ******?
I can't think of a bad word that fits ???

It was merely to show general distaste.

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17/02/2009 08:24:55 »
I urge you alternative cancer remedy experts to hurry as she has only a few months left to live.
If there was one in the world, why would they be hanging around here for?
They'll be lighting their cigars with one hundred dollar bills somewhere in the Carribean.

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17/02/2009 09:15:30 »
There's one aspect to this that worries me, and that's Max Clifford.  He's so good at his job that it warps the world around his clients, and blurs the line between reality and PR spin.  There was an excellent Louis Theroux doc about him some time ago.
« Last Edit: 17/02/2009 09:20:27 by BenV »

Offline NobodySavedMe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17/02/2009 09:23:18 »

Cervical cancer can be treated using surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, or a combination of these.
The form of treatment that is used will depend on the stage of the cancer and whether it has spread at the time of diagnosis.

Early-stage cancer that is confined to the cervix, offers an excellent outlook, with a success rate of over 85%.
However, if the cancer has spread to the vagina, surrounding tissues and pelvic area, or elsewhere, the outlook is less positive.
http://www.nhs.uk

Re: female celebrities with cancer, Kylie Minogue is looking well after her chemotherapy for breast cancer:
       evidently the hair loss due to chemotherapy is reversible.

This is not about Kylie Minogue but since you insist on dragging her into it , I regret to inform you that in my estimation she unfortunately only has 3 years left before it comes back even more vigrously.

Offline NobodySavedMe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17/02/2009 09:34:53 »
And why would Ms Goody be any more deserving than the thousands of other cancer patients worldwide?

The death of 1 said Winston is a tragedy.The death of a million is a statistic.

She is more deserving as we know her.We have seen her on Big Brother, We have heard her talk, laugh, joke.We have seen her playing pranks and talking to other people.She has spoken directly to us looking at the camera.She is a source of inspiration how a small town girl can make it big.

We know her.She has been a part of our lives.

She is a human being.She deserves to live and is a mother to two small children.

I remember using up all my annual leave at work so I could watch her all day.After my annual leave was finished,I phoned in pretending to be ill so I could further partake of her.

I am very upset at the jibes being made against her by ignorant people.

We should all be helping her.
She has had a terrible life.Her father left her.Her mother had all sorts of difficulties.

Once again I urge all decent people to help her.

paul.fr

« Reply #15 on: 17/02/2009 10:06:47 »
I remember using up all my annual leave at work so I could watch her all day.After my annual leave was finished,I phoned in pretending to be ill so I could further partake of her.

I would think that anyone knowing you, would believe you are ill.

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17/02/2009 10:10:38 »

The death of 1 said Winston is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic.

..but also a million individual tragedies.

She is more deserving as we know her.

I don’t. I’ve no idea who she is beyond yet another so-called celebrity.

We have seen her on Big Brother, We have heard her talk, laugh, joke. We have seen her playing pranks and talking to other people. She has spoken directly to us looking at the camera. She is a source of inspiration how a small town girl can make it big.

I haven’t. The only time have did ever see her on TV she came across as an idiot who had no more intelligence than the arse end of a piece of road kill, and she wasn’t quite a pretty either.

Also, this does not mean that you know her any more than you know any other person who appears regularly on TV. You are merely deluding yourself because you have made her into some sort of personal heroin.

We know her. She has been a part of our lives.
No she hasn’t.

She is a human being. She deserves to live and is a mother to two small children.
Not many people “deserve” to die. The fact that she is a mother of two small children is irrelevant. 

I remember using up all my annual leave at work so I could watch her all day. After my annual leave was finished, I phoned in pretending to be ill so I could further partake of her.
You poor, sad, lonely individual. All you achieved here is to cause other people annoyance through your own lack of conscience.

I am very upset at the jibes being made against her by ignorant people.
Which ignorant people? All those who don’t agree with you?

We should all be helping her.
No we shouldn’t. It is down to her own family and her future husband to help her. This has nothing to do with you.

She has had a terrible life. Her father left her. Her mother had all sorts of difficulties.
And? There is nothing unique to her about this either. It’s called life. Though yours seems to be passing you by……

I would just like to reiterate that I think that it is a terrible thing to have cancer – we all know people who have had it, some have recovered fully from it, and others who haven’t. It is also perhaps worse when it happens to someone as young as 27. But the fact that a person has what some consider to be an elevated status, provides absolutely no reason why any greater efforts should be made. Every day, thousands of people are treated for cancer, and are treated to the very highest levels of medical care that are currently possible. Everyone is entitled to this. Nobodysavedme, you should be glad that this is the case – if (and I hope that this isn’t ever the case) you one day find that you have cancer, by your own opinion, those who “succeed” should be offered greater care. How will they treat someone who spent their entire holiday and sick leave watching Big Brother?
« Last Edit: 17/02/2009 10:33:52 by dentstudent »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17/02/2009 12:57:31 »
This is not about Kylie Minogue but since you insist on dragging her into it , I regret to inform you that in my estimation she unfortunately only has 3 years left before it comes back even more vigrously.

Even if your pessimistic prognosis is true, her chemotherapy would have given her extra years of life which she would not have had otherwise, (well worth a few months of hair loss).
« Last Edit: 17/02/2009 13:14:01 by RD »

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17/02/2009 20:00:53 »
I read in this morning's paper, always a source of reliable information ;-) that since Jade's story was publicised, the take up rate for cervical cancer screening has risen considerably.
So far as I can judge (and I have't made much of a study) this is the most useful thing she has ever done. I hope that she can derive some comfort from it in her last months.

Incidentally I think the BB show is dross but I don't particulary care that other people are happy to watch it and, indirectly, pay for it.
« Last Edit: 17/02/2009 20:02:28 by Bored chemist »

Offline NobodySavedMe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17/02/2009 22:16:30 »

I would think that anyone knowing you, would believe you are ill.

From her start in Big Brother, I really liked her, and felt really, really bad when she got picked on in the house. I don't think she meant to come across as racist but showing as having normal conversation as we all do everyday. She did go to the India Big Brother house where she was adored.

I am heartbroken that she is going to leave us and her two sons. The fact that she is allowing people to share in her tragedy shows what a remarkable person that she has become. She is not only thinking of her sons future, but of others going through what she is going through.

She deserves to be recognized for her efforts. She is brave, albeit scared, as I think she fears leaving her boys, more than death. She has a shining personality, and the world is going to be a little bit sad with her gone. She has made an impact without even trying.

My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.

Many nasty remarks have been made here by jealous people who have nothing positive to contribute but hate and are simply driven by envy of her money and fame.

You should be ashamed.

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17/02/2009 22:33:26 »
When my brother was dying of cancer aged 34 he was very, very scared of death and pain and the treatments and well everything. At the time Roy Castle, the very underrated celeb, was also dying of cancer. He was brave and dignified and fought the disease until he died. My brother took strength from him and the way he coped with the disease.
I don't care how Jade Goody became famous. If she helps one person like Roy Castle helped my brother then I will support her forever. No one has any right to criticise the people in god's waiting room. No one has the right to criticise the treatment decisions of these people either but at the same time no one should give people false hope with treatment they know won't work and won't prolong life. My brother had chemotherapy even though he knew it would only prolong his life and not save it. He had two children and he wanted to see the next birthday and then Easter.

paul.fr

« Reply #21 on: 17/02/2009 22:59:50 »
Many nasty remarks have been made here by jealous people who have nothing positive to contribute but hate and are simply driven by envy of her money and fame.

You should be ashamed.

I don't think anyone is envious of her, her money or fame. They just don't see her as the celebrity that you do, she has not touched our lives or become part of it. Yes, it is sad that she has terminal cancer but she is not the only one. Why have you not thought to post a topic asking for a cure before? Why single one person out?

I don't care how Jade Goody became famous. If she helps one person like Roy Castle helped my brother then I will support her forever.

She did it through a publicist, not to help others but to make money. Don't you think she charged each and every news organisation, for each and every interview? She did it for the money, not the greater good.
« Last Edit: 18/02/2009 08:27:01 by Paul. »

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17/02/2009 23:21:27 »
Paul you can be a real Dick sometimes!

paul.fr

« Reply #23 on: 17/02/2009 23:26:10 »
Paul you can be a real Dick sometimes!

Curious, you are not the first to say that...!

Look, I am not having a go at anyone or trying to be an arse but if you ask anyone...oh heck, lets leave it there.

Offline Madidus_Scientia

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17/02/2009 23:28:51 »
You used your annual leave from work to sit at home and watch this woman on big brother???

Seriously, WTF?

You need help

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #24 on: 17/02/2009 23:28:51 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums