The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Saving Jade Goody - Urgent Humanitarian Appeal.  (Read 36704 times)

Offline Madidus_Scientia

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Saving Jade Goody - Urgent Humanitarian Appeal.
« Reply #50 on: 23/02/2009 15:42:45 »
you never mentioned this in your last post.are we expected to guess your previous actions?

He's not expecting anyone to guess anything, if you read his other thread or asked perhaps he would have told you. You assumed:
I find it lamentable that you Doctor Beaver have failed to save yourself and took chemo which did not work and have failed to act on numerous other methods to cure cancer in your own body.
« Last Edit: 23/02/2009 15:45:30 by Madidus_Scientia »

Offline Madidus_Scientia

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 23/02/2009 15:50:31 »
i was expressing remorse at your self confessed expected demise.yet you abuse me.why?

So, you call this remorse:

I find it lamentable that you Doctor Beaver have failed to save yourself and took chemo which did not work and have failed to act on numerous other methods to cure cancer in your own body.

You are a living monument,sadly to be no more,to the power of brainwashing by the organized pharmaceutical establishment

Your way of showing remorse is to tell him its his own fault he's dieing of cancer, that he could have avoided it, and finally accuse him of being brainwashed?

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 23/02/2009 16:39:52 »
Come on Nobodysavedme, My husband works for a pharma company and I used to. Here is your chance to have a go at the research I did and the drugs my husband licenses from universities and research companies for his company. I notice you didn't answer my previous post. It is easy to criticise a big faceless organisation but when you are talking to a real person who worked hard to improve peoples lives, it is not so easy, is it.

Offline NobodySavedMe

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 23/02/2009 16:41:59 »
Come on Nobodysavedme, My husband works for a pharma company and I used to. Here is your chance to have a go at the research I did and the drugs my husband licenses from universities and research companies for his company. I notice you didn't answer my previous post. It is easy to criticise a big faceless organisation but when you are talking to a real person who worked hard to improve peoples lives, it is not so easy, is it.

ACTUALLY I NEVER MENTIONED ANESTHETICS.

Nor did i say they were bad.Anesthetics are good.

Happy now?

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 23/02/2009 19:06:21 »

Happy now?

You do realise that you are, in fact, the only one to have mentioned them don't you?

That's not even a straw man argument; it's just nonsense.

Offline NobodySavedMe

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 23/02/2009 19:27:15 »

Happy now?

You do realise that you are, in fact, the only one to have mentioned them don't you?

That's not even a straw man argument; it's just nonsense.

i quote MakeItlady again...

"Ask people who have had an operation and had no ill effects from the anesthetic if Diprovan is a terrible drug. I mention the last two because I worked on them..."

SCROLL BACK TO HER POSTS.

why i she mentioning anthestics?

why?

i never mentioned anethestics.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 23/02/2009 19:39:13 »
NobodySavedMe - My apologies. I thought I read in your post that you were inferring Jade Goody had more talent than I & it was at that statement I directed my response. Have you perchance edited your post to remove it?

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 24/02/2009 19:40:45 »
Sorry about that I'm blaming the search function which didn't find the word.
Anyway, there's nothing special about anaesthetics. You seem to be convinced that all drugs are an atempt by evil pharmaceuticals companies to poison innocent people.
"She even showed that she was bald,thanks to the horrible doctors giving her money making poisons to boost the profits of fruadulent pharmaceutical companies who charge it to the NHS budget."

"You are a living monument,sadly to be no more,to the power of brainwashing by the organized pharmaceutical establishment."

BTW, Jade made a lot more money than me; so have lots of lottery winners. Is "guessing the right numbers" some sort of skill?

Offline NobodySavedMe

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 24/02/2009 22:59:06 »
Sorry about that I'm blaming the search function which didn't find the word.
Anyway, there's nothing special about anaesthetics. You seem to be convinced that all drugs are an atempt by evil pharmaceuticals companies to poison innocent people.
"She even showed that she was bald,thanks to the horrible doctors giving her money making poisons to boost the profits of fruadulent pharmaceutical companies who charge it to the NHS budget."

"You are a living monument,sadly to be no more,to the power of brainwashing by the organized pharmaceutical establishment."

BTW, Jade made a lot more money than me; so have lots of lottery winners. Is "guessing the right numbers" some sort of skill?

Jade Goody got married yesterday.I am so happy for her.200 celebrities attended her fantastic wedding.She had to be given painkillers before the wedding showing her steely determination and showing her determination against all odds.

The fact is the official cancer survival rates are fraudulent ...just like the accounts of the banks that have gone under...they are designed to hide the truth,
to hoodwink you,to trick you.Remember how Lloyds Bank was tricked by HBOS.

Hbos cleverly concealed at $15 billion hole in its accounts which Lloyds even after a month could not detect using its smartest accountants.

Big Pharma uses even more clever tricks to fool you.

Of course you don't want to admit you have been fooled.

example:-

in 1980 gullible joe has cancer detected at 06/06/80.he dies on 301280.

you got that?

20 years later new technology has improved cancer detection at an earlier stage.

in year 2000 gullible joe's son has same cancer detected earlier on on 01/01/00.he dies on 30/12/00.

doctors says with glee we have doubled cancer survival rates due to this drug (i.e.money making toxic poison) we gave you.

gullible joe's gullible son is delighted and praises the doctors at the extra 6 months!

doctor says to himself "one born every minute..what a mug".

can you understand that?    

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 25/02/2009 05:40:10 »
I'm pleased for Jade Goody that she managed to get married, but what's the big deal about 200 celebrities turning up for the wedding? I'd rather have a handful of real friends there who actually care more about me than they do about getting their faces plastered all over the redtop newspapers & on TV.

And despite the sentiment behind your little story about Joe Gullible, the fact is that more people are now surviving cancer for longer than was the case just a few decades ago. My nan died of cancer in the 1960s and in those days just about any type of cancer was a death sentence. Cancer still has that kind of stigma attached to it in the public mind (Most people, when told they have cancer, still have an initial reaction of "I'm going to die") even though survival rates for a lot of cancers are significantly better. (Incidentally, my first thought was "I can get through this" before I was told what type of cancer I've got. I still believe all is not lost even though the prognosis for mesothelioma is very poor.)
« Last Edit: 25/02/2009 05:53:51 by DoctorBeaver »

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 25/02/2009 19:29:05 »
"Of course you don't want to admit you have been fooled."
I don't have any problem admiting that I have been fooled plenty of times in the past (and perhaps more often than my fair share).
I also accept that I will be fooled in the future in all reasonable probablity.
What I don't see is any evidence that I have been fooled in this instance.
All I have is a plainly made up story; one that grossly misrepresents (or misunderstands)the whole idea of drug trials and slanders the medical profession as well.

I may have asked this before; what do NICE do and why don't they spot these "clever tricks"?
http://www.nice.org.uk/

Incidentally I'd be quite happy for Jade or Dr Beaver to beat the odds; I wish them both luck.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 25/02/2009 20:28:14 »
Thank you, BC.

paul.fr

« Reply #62 on: 28/02/2009 15:55:09 »
Why have you not mentioned saving Wendy Richard?

Offline Damo the Optics Monkey

• Spectroradiometry rulz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 28/02/2009 16:38:03 »
I have not a clue who this 'Jane' is - BB play no part in my life.

However, I do care for people with cancer - we lost an uncle, cousin and friend to it back in 2006 and almost lost my dad to it last year.

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
  • FOGger to the unsuspecting
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 28/02/2009 17:47:00 »

She's already dead, dude.

paul.fr

« Reply #65 on: 28/02/2009 20:51:16 »
I know that. I was just wondering why NSM was not bothered about finding a cure for her, or anyone else for that matter.

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 28/02/2009 21:09:37 »
I'm bothered and so are most people researching into cures. Cures bring in more money than failures.

Offline JEH

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 01/03/2009 08:56:33 »
Where exactly did you get the notion that chemo does not work. Do you realise how may people are living today because of the advancments in chemo therapy. You speak without any knowledge of the subject, how do I know that?? Well if you WERE well informed you would not post such rubbisb. Please also tell me why is Jady Goody more deserving to live than anyone else. ::)

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 01/03/2009 09:10:50 »
Well JEH, I dare say this thread has already done it's dash :)
But please, I am interested in your thoughts about chemotherapy.

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 01/03/2009 09:56:10 »

She's already dead, dude.
Perhaps a touch more tactful and considerate next time?

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
  • FOGger to the unsuspecting
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 01/03/2009 10:23:01 »
Why do you consider this to be tactless and inconsiderate, Ben? She is already dead. It's a fact. I was merely stating it.

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 01/03/2009 15:03:47 »
I think it may be the "dude" that makes it sound like an uncaring remark - I'm sure you meant no offense though.

Offline Phil1907

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 01/03/2009 15:37:17 »
Nobody - get a  life of your own and stop living vicariously on those of cheap one-time celebrities,

btw - it was Stalin who offered that quote - not Winston (assume you meant Churchill).

Offline NobodySavedMe

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 01/03/2009 16:46:23 »
I have not a clue who this 'Jane' is - BB play no part in my life.

However, I do care for people with cancer - we lost an uncle, cousin and friend to it back in 2006 and almost lost my dad to it last year.

Jade has only a few days of life left to her according to the news.The powerful painkillers made her have hullucinations and this was the reason she was shouting the other day.

She will be in a hospice for a few days due to the damage cuaes by the painkillers

ALL OF YOU HAVE BEEN VERY SELFISH AND FAILED TO SAVE HER AND WENT ON ABOUT HER FAME AND FORTUNE.

All you could talk about was about other people who had cancer.

Yes we know.

But we don't see them.We don't know them.

If you had saved Jade Goody AUTOMATICALLY they would have been saved too from her cure due to the Jade Goody effect.

Can you not see that?

So by failing to save Jade Goody you have failed to save the others compounding your sin.
« Last Edit: 01/03/2009 16:49:18 by NobodySavedMe »

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 01/03/2009 17:35:56 »
What absolute bollocks. (Tact & discretion suspended temporarily)

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #74 on: 01/03/2009 17:35:56 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums