The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Saving Jade Goody - Urgent Humanitarian Appeal.  (Read 36656 times)

Offline John Chapman

• View Profile
Saving Jade Goody - Urgent Humanitarian Appeal.
« Reply #75 on: 01/03/2009 17:57:59 »
I tried to write 'bollocks' in one of my threads and the Forum script wouldn't let me. It'll be interesting to see if it lets me now. Also censored is 'sh*t' which comes out as ' sh1t ' and 'w*nker' comes out as '  [:I] '. Has anybody else discovered any words that are automatically censored or am I just uncouth?

Have you noticed how I am trying to steer the conversation in a slightly different direction? Or am I just being a  [:I]?

Online Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 01/03/2009 20:07:23 »
"Yes we know.

But we don't see them.We don't know them."
Is that the royal we?
I don't know Jade and I don't think that I ever will. I didn't see her much either.

A much more improtant problem is that there's just no way that we could have saved Jade so writing "ALL OF YOU HAVE BEEN VERY SELFISH AND FAILED TO SAVE HER AND WENT ON ABOUT HER FAME AND FORTUNE."
 is just silly.

Offline Madidus_Scientia

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 01/03/2009 20:34:49 »
ACTUALLY I NEVER MENTIONED ANESTHETICS.

Nor did i say they were bad.Anesthetics are good.

She will be in a hospice for a few days due to the damage cuaes by the painkillers

But I thought anesthetics are good??

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 01/03/2009 21:23:36 »
I have not a clue who this 'Jane' is - BB play no part in my life.

However, I do care for people with cancer - we lost an uncle, cousin and friend to it back in 2006 and almost lost my dad to it last year.

Jade has only a few days of life left to her according to the news.The powerful painkillers made her have hullucinations and this was the reason she was shouting the other day.

She will be in a hospice for a few days due to the damage cuaes by the painkillers

ALL OF YOU HAVE BEEN VERY SELFISH AND FAILED TO SAVE HER AND WENT ON ABOUT HER FAME AND FORTUNE.

All you could talk about was about other people who had cancer.

Yes we know.

But we don't see them.We don't know them.

If you had saved Jade Goody AUTOMATICALLY they would have been saved too from her cure due to the Jade Goody effect.

Can you not see that?

So by failing to save Jade Goody you have failed to save the others compounding your sin.

This is nonsense - post this sort of rubbish again and you will be banned.

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 02/03/2009 03:21:31 »
How on Earth could we have saved her?!?! The best doctors in the world couldn't do it, so how are we meant to have!?!? WTF!!

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 02/03/2009 03:22:30 »
I tried to write 'bollocks' in one of my threads and the Forum script wouldn't let me. It'll be interesting to see if it lets me now. Also censored is 'sh*t' which comes out as ' sh1t ' and 'w*nker' comes out as '  [:I] '. Has anybody else discovered any words that are automatically censored or am I just uncouth?

Have you noticed how I am trying to steer the conversation in a slightly different direction? Or am I just being a  [:I]?
Come on John Chapman, use your imagination :)
****, bitch, ****, sh1t, bullsh1t.
« Last Edit: 02/03/2009 03:26:22 by Chemistry4me »

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 02/03/2009 03:25:38 »
Hmm...that's strange, I thought BS would have gotten censored. But as you can see, two of them have been censored, the first one rhymes with suck and duck and... you get the point. And the other one rhymes with tank and er.... rank. 

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
  • FOGger to the unsuspecting
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 02/03/2009 08:05:08 »
All this and I'm the one that gets reported to the mods for saying "dude"! No offence meant there by the way. Mate.

Also: If anyone would like to discuss this, then please send me a PM. We're all adults, aren't we?

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 02/03/2009 08:09:59 »
Okay. Dude. You said it..... dude.

Offline Damo the Optics Monkey

• Spectroradiometry rulz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 02/03/2009 09:21:03 »

However, I do care for people with cancer - we lost an uncle, cousin and friend to it back in 2006 and almost lost my dad to it last year.

Jade has only a few days of life left to her according to the news.The powerful painkillers made her have hullucinations and this was the reason she was shouting the other day.

ALL OF YOU HAVE BEEN VERY SELFISH AND FAILED TO SAVE HER AND WENT ON ABOUT HER FAME AND FORTUNE.

Yes we know.

Just as i do NOT KNOW Jane Gody

If you had saved Jade Goody AUTOMATICALLY they would have been saved too from her cure due to the Jade Goody effect.

Can you not see that?

So by failing to save Jade Goody you have failed to save the others compounding your sin.

What a load of rubbish, total rubbish.  It was the asbestos that caused the cancer that killed my uncle, not me worshipping some unknown-to-me BB contestant.  The implication is both hurtful and deeply insulting.

Other people are equally as important as Ms Goody, everyone is equal.

Sorry mods, I had to let off steam - I am not fussed if this post is deleted or modified.
« Last Edit: 02/03/2009 09:24:43 by Damo the Optics Monkey »

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 02/03/2009 10:26:45 »
Damo - My sympathies about your uncle. My cancer is likewise asbestos-related.

If NSM can offer a practical way that I can survive it then I shall be eternally grateful. Otherwise he/she should just shut the fek up! I too find his/her comments highly offensive.
« Last Edit: 02/03/2009 10:29:15 by DoctorBeaver »

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 02/03/2009 10:40:17 »
Thank you, DB.  In many good ways, you remind me of my uncle - sense of humour and strong in character.

I agree, if NSM does offer een a viable alternative to explore, then good on him.

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 02/03/2009 20:33:44 »
Do you think we would let anyone die if we had the cure. We have all lost so many people through cancer. Sometimes you have to admit how frail and vulnerable human beings are. I felt so useless when my brother died because I'd studied so much and worked on cures for all sorts of illnesses but when it came down to it I couldn't save him. You have to admit defeat sometimes and you have to accept that we all have to die. Count yourself lucky that you will see tomorrow.

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 02/03/2009 22:42:57 »
Do you think we would let anyone die if we had the cure. We have all lost so many people through cancer. Sometimes you have to admit how frail and vulnerable human beings are. I felt so useless when my brother died because I'd studied so much and worked on cures for all sorts of illnesses but when it came down to it I couldn't save him. You have to admit defeat sometimes and you have to accept that we all have to die. Count yourself lucky that you will see tomorrow.

well said

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 03/03/2009 00:20:46 »
oh boy.

We are all going to die. Every single one of us. Within what ?, a 120 years (mostly 70 or so ?) every single human being that is alive right now will be dead. Some of us just have their mortality brought to their attention with more notice than they would wish !

I say let Jade Goody do what she needs to do. She is already financially secure but if she feels that she needs a few more s then the public who relish the details will continue to buy the magazines, read the papers etc etc etc.

NobodySavedMe
......I guess there is nothing we can do to satiate your request. I think it's not what you say but the way that you say it......You need to step outside yourself for a while and try and be open to the suggestion that there may be a way that you are perceived that is not conducive to general cordiality amongst your fellow members here.

I admire your passion but in MY opinion I feel you are somewhat lost. I want to say ' misguided' but I think you display some signs of emotional trauma. Either you've been hurt deeply or you are in need of some assistance !.....I want to be sympathetic to you because I think you are deeply troubled, somewhat easily led and filled with a resolute proclivity to see conspiracies around you. And yet, I know my saying all this probably upsets you as we all hate being told these things...but it's just MY opinion OK ?

Try to be open to the possibility that the things you say and the way you say them may not be congenial and complaisant.

The world really is not such an evil bad place...it's just that it's the evil bad stuff that makes the most noise. If there was a cure for an ailment I can not imagine it being held back for the sake of commercial enterprise......I'm referring to medicine here and resolutions to humanitarian plights.

I just don't know. I would hate to live my life thinking that life could be a lot better but that someone has made it so that it is not, purely on the grounds of economics !

« Last Edit: 03/03/2009 11:31:38 by neilep »

Offline NobodySavedMe

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 03/03/2009 10:42:44 »

If NSM can offer a practical way that I can survive it then I shall be eternally grateful. Otherwise he/she should just shut the fek up! I too find his/her comments highly offensive.

Look there is a 4 protocol method to save yourself I read it on a forum by someone who tried it.You may even have come across it.You need to have an open mind and be proactive.

I could explain it to you but what is the point? Your so called "friends"would shoot shoot it down as it would conflict with their mind set and goes against their established mental programming.

The method works on a empirical level and where your life is involved that is all that matters.

It worked for him.It explained how it worked.

Of course it is not vouchsafed by the establishment s it stands for all those things they want to ban, control suppress as it would effect the bottom line.To have outsiders come in and show them up is a very bitter pill to swallow.

Everybody hates to be wrong.Doctors hate to be wrong.When they are wrong they always use the magic words "spontaneous remission" to cover their ignorance.

However it seems you Doctor Beaver are already resigned to your fate.You display a martyr complex already,assisted by your so called "friends" who egg you on to attack me for their own amusement.

The worst kind of "friends" to have.

« Last Edit: 03/03/2009 11:29:37 by NobodySavedMe »

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 03/03/2009 11:13:44 »

Look there is a 4 protocol method to save yourself I read it on a forum by someone who tried it.You may even have come across it.You need to have an open mind and be proactive.

I could explain it to you but what is the point? Your so called "friends"would shoot shoot it down as it would conflict with their mind set and goes against their established mental programming.

The method works on a empirical level and where your life is involved that is all that matters.

It worked for him.It explained how it worked.

Of course it is not vouchsafed by the establishment s it stands for all those things they want to ban, control suppress as it would effect the bottom line.To have outsiders come in and show them up is a very bitter pill to swallow.

Everybody hates to be wrong.Doctors hate to be wrong.When they are wrong they always use the magic words "spontaneous remission" to cover their ignorance.
Let me get this straight - you know of a potential cure for cancer, be it withi or without established medical science, but instead of telling us about it, or attempting to contact Jade Goody's people, you tell us to find a way to cure her and then accuse us all of causing her death?

You are so full of misplaced righteous indignation that you refuse to share it with people who will listen with an open, but rightly sceptical, mind?  Listen - if it worked, and was free and available on the internet, many, many people would be doing it.  The NHS would be all over it, as would BUPA and all the other medical insurance companies - it certainly wouldn't hurt their bottom line now, would it?

However it seems you Doctor Beaver are already resigned to your fate.You display a martyr complex already,assisted by your so called "friends" who egg you on to attack me for their own amusement.

The worst kind of "friends" to have.

More offensive gibberish.  Doctor Beaver has some very good friends on this site, people who care deeply for his wellbeing.  All you have to do is read his posts to realise that he has a very good mental outlook on his condition.  The only person inciting attacks to you is you.  Did you read NeilEP's post?  Does it ever occur to you that it could be something you are doing or saying, or the way in which you say it that illicits a negative response?

We know you feel the medical establishment is evil, and we also know that you fall for propaganda and seek conspiracy in everything you see.  This is not our fault.

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 03/03/2009 11:36:00 »
Unless I see proof, I am a skeptic - I make no apologies for this. 

NobodySavedMe - you are seriously basing your stance on something you read on a forum??

I am new here, before I arrived, I did not know you, I did not know DoctorBeaver nor anyone (and until this thread, I did not know of Ms. Goody).

I am a skeptic, but I am also with an open mind, especially when it comes to people.  An example is that I do not base anything on first impressions, I only base things on what I see, read or hear.

DoctorBeaver has repeatedly state that he is searching for remedies, for new researh... all with a great and strong outlook, I am sure Ms. Goody may have done the same. I know my uncle was the same - nothing remotely to do with 'resigning to their fate'.

However, with you, I see a very close minded attitude, at least on this issue.  You also insulted me and my late uncle.  That and that alone is why you received a negative response from me.

You may choose not to believe this for whatever reason - that is irrelevant to me.

What I am seeing here in this thread is a person for whatever reason invents conspiracies, twists things around and what-not - maybe it is to fuel your want for sympathy or something - I do not know, that is entirely up to you to sort out.

But, I am happy to get to know people on forums, but once they cross the line as you did concerning my uncle, they, you are just a name on a screen, hence of negligible significance.

You did that to yourself.

You could be a troubled person (as per the posts above) or simply a lonely online troll - either way, I hope you find peace.

Edited to add: This thread is now just a distraction to me, so I will be taking no more part in it
« Last Edit: 03/03/2009 11:53:07 by Damo the Optics Monkey »

Offline DoctorBeaver

• A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 03/03/2009 15:36:03 »

In which case I shall level against you the same accusation you levelled against us with regard Jade Goody. I shall blame you personally for causing my death through inaction.

Where my being resigned to my fate is concerned, yes that's true up to a point. I am looking at alternative therapies but also not building up my hopes too much as my type of cancer is notoriously hard to treat by any means and has one of the highest mortality rates. The reason being that mesthelioma is almost impossible to spot in the very early stages; there are no noticeable symptoms early on. By the time it becomes noticeable it has already got a hold. Most of the remedies I have looked at, alternative or conventional, rely on early diagnosis.

Please don't flatter yourself by thinking there is some kind of conspiracy against you. My friends do not need to egg me on to have a go at you. I find your remarks highly  offensive and I respond to that solely of my own accord.
« Last Edit: 03/03/2009 15:38:51 by DoctorBeaver »

Online Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 03/03/2009 20:03:53 »

Yes we know.

Can you not see that?

This is nonsense - post this sort of rubbish again and you will be banned.
Why wait?

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #94 on: 03/03/2009 20:03:53 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length