The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Pubes  (Read 5243 times)

Offline Ians Daddy

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 532
    • View Profile
Pubes
« on: 09/05/2005 20:26:01 »
So, I understand that most body hair serves a purpose. Can anyone get more specific? If nose hair protects the mucus membranes inside the nose, then what does arm-pit hair do? Pubic hair? Arm / leg hair? Butt hair? Back hair? Ear hair? The hair on your head?

Just a thought,

Ronnie
« Last Edit: 09/05/2005 20:46:12 by Ians Daddy »


 

Offline daveshorts

  • Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2583
  • Physics, Experiments
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chaosscience.org.uk
Re: Pubes
« Reply #1 on: 09/05/2005 21:39:43 »
I have a theory that under arm hair may be useful to wick out sweat and to act as a lubricant between the two layers of skin...
 

Offline neilep

  • Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • *******
  • Posts: 20602
  • Thanked: 8 times
    • View Profile
Re: Pubes
« Reply #2 on: 09/05/2005 23:19:04 »
quote:
Originally posted by Ians Daddy

So, I understand that most body hair serves a purpose. Can anyone get more specific? If nose hair protects the mucus membranes inside the nose, then what does arm-pit hair do? Pubic hair? Arm / leg hair? Butt hair? Back hair? Ear hair? The hair on your head?

Just a thought,

Ronnie



That's why I asked recently why blokes have hairy chests/backs/ beards and stuff when girlies don't !.....if hair has a reason, why should that reason not apply equally to both genders ?

Men are the same as women.... just inside out !!
 

Offline neilep

  • Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • *******
  • Posts: 20602
  • Thanked: 8 times
    • View Profile
Re: Pubes
« Reply #3 on: 09/05/2005 23:22:36 »
quote:
Originally posted by daveshorts

I have a theory that under arm hair may be useful to wick out sweat and to act as a lubricant between the two layers of skin...



That seems completely logical Dave....I wonder if some girlies (non krouts coz krouty girlies have it bushy!!;)) can declare if when they shave their armpits as to whether 'armpit lube' is then required  !

Men are the same as women.... just inside out !!
« Last Edit: 09/05/2005 23:23:26 by neilep »
 

Offline Chub

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 52
    • View Profile
Re: Pubes
« Reply #4 on: 10/05/2005 23:29:20 »
Never had to lube my armpits.  

I have read that the functions of pubic hair include the dissemination of pheromones and protection from the friction of sexual intercourse.



One Step Closer To Success
 

sharkeyandgeorge

  • Guest
Re: Pubes
« Reply #5 on: 11/05/2005 10:36:59 »
testicals and the sperm they produce have to be matained within a rather small temperature range to be at thier most fertile which is why testicals hang down to keep them cool perhaps male pubic hair acts as an insulator to help maintain this temp perhaps the reason women havepubic hair is so our less evolved ancestors had somthing to aim for ie pubes to pubes

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
The philosopher Q man
 

Offline englishgent

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Pubes
« Reply #6 on: 12/05/2005 13:56:54 »
this is only a guess but maybe the reason we have arm pit hair is to soak up sweat to reduce the posibility of infection. The armpit is a bit of a sweat trap isnt it. But then again i do know of people who have developed skin infections under their arm from using anti persperant, the pores are blocked they didnt shower enough and the skin started to blister.
 

Offline Deanwinfield

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 20
    • View Profile
Re: Pubes
« Reply #7 on: 12/05/2005 20:22:53 »
Arm and leg hair are left over from when we evolved from apes. Thats why ur hairs stick on end when its cold, to get an insulating layer of air around. Of course this doesn't work very well now because there isn't much hair there. I think thats right anyway ^_^

"There is no gravity, the earth just sucks"
 

Offline neilep

  • Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • *******
  • Posts: 20602
  • Thanked: 8 times
    • View Profile
Re: Pubes
« Reply #8 on: 13/05/2005 16:07:01 »
quote:
Originally posted by sharkeyandgeorge

testicals and the sperm they produce have to be matained within a rather small temperature range to be at thier most fertile which is why testicals hang down to keep them cool perhaps male pubic hair acts as an insulator to help maintain this temp perhaps the reason women havepubic hair is so our less evolved ancestors had somthing to aim for ie pubes to pubes

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
The philosopher Q man



I can see I should have shaved my ' Orchestral Stalls ' before giving my wifeys ' Beef Curtains ' the good news !!......we probably wouldn't be expecting our fourth if I'd gone without insulation !!;)

Men are the same as women.... just inside out !!
 

The Naked Scientists Forum

Re: Pubes
« Reply #8 on: 13/05/2005 16:07:01 »

 

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums