The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: PLZ post your favorite list of top or best Physics Documentaries over here !?  (Read 4500 times)

ScientificBoysClub

PLZ post your favorite list of top or best Physics Documentaries over here !?

the list of best physics docmentaries which  you have loved the most ..!! ??

Like I love

-Elegant Universe
-The Universe from history channel 
- What the bleep do we know ?
- some Evolution documentaries related to dinosaurs and Human !!

Which popular shows u liked the most  ?
« Last Edit: 03/03/2009 03:44:45 by ScientificBoysClub »

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
I thoroughly enjoyed "Elegant Universe" and "Universe" too. There's a series being broadcast at the moment called "Solar Empire" that is also very good.

I have also seen some very good 1-off programs about physics, the names of which I cannot recall. There was 1 recently that was presented by Brian Cox from CERN and that was fascinating. It was about the Standard Model and the search for the Higgs boson.

Offline Madidus_Scientia

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
"What the bleep do we know" is utter rubbish. If you truly want to learn about quantum mechanics you need to learn to crawl before you can walk. You need to invest time and effort learning, not watching and being led astray by this pseudoscience bullshit.

Thoughts do not effect water.

Apparently most of the people in the film are actually associated with a cult, whose leader, J.Z. Knight, "channels a 35,000 year-old warrior named Ramath."

It tries to introduce spirituality by masquerading it as science. Please don't be fooled. Apply critical thinking to everything anyone tries to tell you. Don't even believe me telling you this, look into it critically yourself.
« Last Edit: 03/03/2009 16:59:19 by Madidus_Scientia »

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
I enjoyed Horizons 'Super Massive Black Holes '

Offline DoctorBeaver

• A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
Yes, Neil, there are some good things on Horizon.

Offline jeffrey79

• First timers
    • View Profile
I have lots of favorites, but I usually go here for some
good newbielink:http://www.documentary-log.com/dc22-cosmology-physics/ [nonactive] watching :)
One of my favourites is Light Fantastic made by the BBC

Offline LeeE

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Spatial
I find that most science documentaries either skip over or badly/incorrectly simplify many concepts but the worst thing they do is to try to sensationalise everything.  In a typical science program, about half will be ok but the other half will end up irritating me.

I also saw the one-off prog that Doc Beaver referred to, presented by Brian Cox, about the Standard Model and the Higg's Boson and have to agree that it was pretty good, very good in fact.  It didn't annoy me once  :D

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length