The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Who would win in a fight between a wolf and a chimpanzee?  (Read 2175 times)

Offline callingtotheoutside

• View Profile
Random question i know, but i was lying in bed last night and it just popped into my head. Some sick person has probably already tried it in the name of entertainment. Then i started wondering whether if you put them in a relatively confined space (they have enough room to get away from each other) with plenty of food but nothing to do, would they become friends? Seen as both species are very social and intelligent thought it's possible they could form a bond, what does everyone else think? 

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Who would win in a fight between a wolf and a chimpanzee?
« Reply #1 on: 06/03/2009 10:27:55 »
I reackon the chimp will will hands down....literally.

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06/03/2009 10:39:21 »
With regards the fight, I've no idea.  Chimps are very strong and dextrous, but wolves have a good set of weapons in their mouth.

Would they get on?  I'm really not sure.  Both species have hierarchical social structures, but in different ways.  One would have to gain dominance over the other, but each species relies on different cues as to who is the dominant animal.  The chimp may 'display' to assert his dominance, but the wolf would likely fight for it.  There are shared behaviours though, such as the less dominant lying down, so it's possible.

Offline callingtotheoutside

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06/03/2009 10:55:33 »
Perhaps if they were both juveniles, they'd be less set in their ways and more inclined to play?

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #3 on: 06/03/2009 10:55:33 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length