The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: why is belly button fluff always blue?  (Read 18235 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
why is belly button fluff always blue?
« Reply #25 on: 09/02/2007 23:46:30 »
This may be off-topic, and may be obsolete as well, I would have to check with younger people.
But I remember when my mother sorted out the washing let's say half a century ago, it was either "white" or "blue".  "Blue" was just anything that was not to be labeled "white" regardless of the actual colour.  I know that in those days and that area, it was common practice. I never thought of checking if that was also true in other places where a local variant of Dutch was commonly spoken, let alone other languages.  And I should try and find out if that is still common practice in younger families.

One might also wonder if the blue comes from the fabric (or fibre) or from dirt accumulating on it.  Have you tried a microscope with 100x or more enla

Hi Eric,
This may be off-topic, and may be obsolete as well, I would have to check with younger people.
But I remember when my mother sorted out the washing let's say half a century ago, it was either "white" or "blue".  "Blue" was just anything that was not to be labeled "white" regardless of the actual colour.  I know that in those days and that area, it was common practice. I never thought of checking if that was also true in other places where a local variant of Dutch was commonly spoken, let alone other languages.  And I should try and find out if that is still common practice in younger families.

One might also wonder if the blue comes from the fabric (or fibre) or from dirt accumulating on it.  Have you tried a microscope with 100x or more enlargement, Neil ?   
rgement, Neil ?   

One might also wonder if the blue comes from the fabric (or fibre) or from dirt accumulating on it.  Have you tried a microscope with 100x or more enlargement, Neil ?   

Hi Eric,.......hmmmm..this is interesting.......nope I haven't got anything with the power of 100x.

I will take my belly button fluff and sneaky tippy-toe into Toys R Us and check it out with their fine range .

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09/02/2007 23:47:04 »
Try having normal sex next time instead of with the rug.

LOL....But me luffs the rug....rug never says No !!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #26 on: 09/02/2007 23:47:04 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums