The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: is god real.  (Read 7933 times)

Offline tangoblue

• RANDOMNESS RULES!!!
    • View Profile
is god real.
« Reply #25 on: 15/10/2010 02:16:30 »
I personally belive that we are all just a bunch of cells with an expiary date. in other words when you die you die - nothingness

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
is god real.
« Reply #26 on: 15/10/2010 04:46:02 »

When you look for the origin of all things, time matter space, so much stuff... even things like affection and honour, it must have a source. Chance, where did it come from? Matter? Love? Whatever is the source of all this is God.

...how did the universe come to exist? Science said, Hydrogen and a chance. The big bang. But where did the hydrogen and chance come from. Also the dimensions. There are better theories now. Can one just say, endlessly, "this came from that"?

By God I mean origin, where ultimately something came from something. Matter and energy does not simply appear....So evidence is that something cannot come from nothing.

What is wrong with simply addressing some of the current "unknowns" (that is, unknown _today_) with....the truth?

i.e.,    "I don't know."     (_today_)

Isn't that more intellectually honest an answer than presuming to know the answer(s) without any hard evidence?

It also makes sense if we look back on things that we didn't understand earlier in our history, e.g., the weather: even the religious know today that storms aren't brewing because the gods are displeased.

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
is god real.
« Reply #27 on: 15/10/2010 06:58:00 »

even the religious know today that storms aren't brewing because the gods are displeased.

I wouldn't be too sure of that Demo. I suspect some quite recent US Presidents may have believed otherwise.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
is god real.
« Reply #28 on: 15/10/2010 08:12:37 »

Uh-oh, in that case, Geezer, we're ALL in trouble!

The Naked Scientists Forum

is god real.
« Reply #28 on: 15/10/2010 08:12:37 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums