The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is VLSI Circuit editing?  (Read 12069 times)

Offline yor_on

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • (Ah, yes:) *a table is always good to hide under*
    • View Profile
What is VLSI Circuit editing?
« Reply #25 on: 25/03/2009 12:45:00 »
If you are thinking of trying your hand on a little 'reverse engineering' here then that seems quite hard Chandran. I think you need advanced machinery to 'scan' the chips layers and then you need to know an awful lot of how the 'logic circuits' can be expected to look. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microfabrication.

Take a look here http://www.flylogic.net/blog/

Offline graham.d

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25/03/2009 18:31:30 »
Chandan, you have never actually said what you are trying to do or from what base of knowledge you are starting. I have tried to answer your questions fully without knowing this, but to help further would involve me in researching the web, which you could do equally well. If you have a specific task in mind, then say what it is and I may be able to point you in the right direction. I don't know any free e-books on FIB modification.

Offline Dr.IC

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 26/03/2009 03:37:02 »
Chandan, you have never actually said what you are trying to do or from what base of knowledge you are starting. I have tried to answer your questions fully without knowing this, but to help further would involve me in researching the web, which you could do equally well. If you have a specific task in mind, then say what it is and I may be able to point you in the right direction. I don't know any free e-books on FIB modification.
Fine i am trying to learn about FIB circuit EDIT and i got few study materials in web. and i want to understand chemistry behind FIB edit.

Offline Dr.IC

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 26/03/2009 03:40:37 »
If you are thinking of trying your hand on a little 'reverse engineering' here then that seems quite hard Chandan. I think you need advanced machinery to 'scan' the chips layers and then you need to know an awful lot of how the 'logic circuits' can be expected to look. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microfabrication.

Take a look here http://www.flylogic.net/blog/

Its not about reverse engineering.. its about circuit edit in chip.

Offline graham.d

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 26/03/2009 14:12:37 »
Chandan, looking at the detailed chemistry is not my field of expertise I'm afraid and, as I said, much of the development in this field is empirical. I just use it when I need to and I am just about to get some done in the next week or two! Is it out of just curiosity that the chemistry of this is of interest or do you have a practical goal on mind?

Offline Dr.IC

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 30/03/2009 06:00:29 »
I have plans of working practically.

Offline Dr.IC

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02/04/2009 04:56:41 »
What is difference between e-beam lithography and ion beam lithography?

Offline graham.d

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 02/04/2009 18:11:30 »
e-beam lithography scans electrons across a surface coated with a "resist" that changes its structure where the beam impacts. This allows subsequent selective etching of the resist, thereby patterning appropriately. Ion-beam is often used to directly selectively etch the surface material.

Chandan, I don't wish to put you off your pursuit, but you seem to be starting from a base of knowing little about this very sophisticated technology and wish to do something "practical". Have you thought about taking a course at a university to study the subject in detail? If you have a degree in physics or electronics (for example) you could probably find a university with suitable facilities to pursue a post-graduate course in this field. There is a good deal of interest in the subject and there may be semiconductor companies or equipment manufacturers who may help fund a research project.

Offline Dr.IC

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03/04/2009 07:24:55 »
Chandan, I don't wish to put you off your pursuit, but you seem to be starting from a base of knowing little about this very sophisticated technology and wish to do something "practical". Have you thought about taking a course at a university to study the subject in detail? If you have a degree in physics or electronics (for example) you could probably find a university with suitable facilities to pursue a post-graduate course in this field. There is a good deal of interest in the subject and there may be semiconductor companies or equipment manufacturers who may help fund a research project.

I have already done masters in science with electronics, is there any course that can help me...

Offline graham.d

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03/04/2009 09:48:53 »
Where are you based? The University of Surrey (Guildford, England) has an Ion Beam research group for example. If you have a masters and wish to do a PhD, you could write to them to see if they have a vacancy.

There are many universities that have related activities. You can type "ion beam lithography university research" into Google as well as I can :-)

Offline Dr.IC

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07/04/2009 04:54:32 »
Thanks for info... lets see...

Offline Raghavendra

• Quantum
    • View Profile
    • Raghavendra
« Reply #36 on: 09/04/2009 09:07:46 »
should go for institute for studies

Offline Dr.IC

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 14/04/2009 04:51:55 »
Hi graham
I have found a company which has a FIB facility in India. I want to know how the company could help me.

Offline graham.d

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 14/04/2009 12:20:10 »
If it's a company, I would start with the precept of how you think you could help the company. They would not regard themselves as a charity.

Offline Dr.IC

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 15/04/2009 10:41:07 »
I will try going for industrial visit.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #39 on: 15/04/2009 10:41:07 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums