The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Fines for smokers and the obese  (Read 12258 times)

Offline nilmot

• The Riddler
    • View Profile
Re: Fines for smokers and the obese
« Reply #25 on: 12/06/2003 07:36:31 »
Well I suppose you're right, many health-food companies have said tonnes and tonnes of crap they claim their products are good for you but actually they aren't.

Tom

Offline Quantumcat

• The Kitty Down Under
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13/06/2003 00:35:51 »
Yeah ... they trick the poor science-ignorant people into thinking the product will help them ... when in fact they're wasting their money :(

Am I dead? Am I alive? I'm both!

Offline nilmot

• The Riddler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 13/06/2003 12:28:45 »
My Food Technology teacher said, usually the manufacturers make their product by cutting down the fat content, I thought mmm no bad at least they are doing something right. Fat does make food taste better whether it's texture or flavour wise. But she then said because of this they put more sugar in and other preservatives and additives.

They don't use any substitudes of fat or fat that contains less saturates. Putting all that crap to balance the energy given and taste is outrageous.

Next time you buy any low-fat food that have special claims. Read the label carefully.

Tom

Offline Exodus

• Phileas Fogg
  • Neilep Level Member
  • Geology
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 13/06/2003 14:38:25 »
Just eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables instead of ready meals and packaged stuff and instead of snacking on chocolate. Replace butter with a low fat olive spread and don't eat too many Carbs, Oh and most importantly, exercise, people these days just don't seem to exercise am more, i love going to the gym! If people did these things they would notice themselves losing weight in no time. Ready meals contain frightening levels of sugar and salt. The sugar can lead to late onset diabetes while salt can cause a raise in blood pressure!  

CuSO4 = the only reason i commented on the topic subject is--> I was actually thinking of other people who might come to the site to find out about these really interesting things you are discussing. It will be easier for them to find out about reverse osmosis for example if you were to start a new thread about it... I wasn't complaining, its a free forum, but it just makes navigating it easier if new topics are started.

Resident Tour Operator - The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #28 on: 13/06/2003 14:38:25 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums