The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Grand unification theory  (Read 4231 times)

Offline qazibasit

• View Profile
Grand unification theory
« on: 22/05/2005 17:26:24 »
what do you guys think is there any GUT that you guys think will come sometimes i dont believe in that may be we find something like that but then still there will be no confirmation of it and we will not be finding it until and unless we didnt know what actually life is and may be its possible that there are other dimensions too and we are not knowing them but one can get it if we combine the metaphysics and cosmology.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
Re: Grand unification theory
« Reply #1 on: 23/05/2005 10:22:59 »
the T in GUT is the crucial part. I believe any theory will remain just that - a theory. I can't foresee any of it being proven. If, as has been postulated, gravity is somehow leaking in from a dimension that "curled up" near the beginning of the universe we could never get at the source to actually find out.
Many belief systems hold that there are other "dimensions" (or planes of existence) but I don't think these would be anything to do with the dimensions in superstring theory etc
I have, however, been surprised how much of Qaballistic teaching (I mean the real Qaballah, not that fake rubbish Hollywood stars seem so keen on) seems to mirror what is now being discovered about the creation & evolution of the universe. So, maybe there's something in it after all!

It wasn't me - a big boy did it & ran away

Offline IvanKrasnyj

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02/06/2005 20:20:17 »
GUT? I've just posted one to The NKS Forum:
newbielink:http://forum.wolframscience.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=783 [nonactive]
This is not just a theory. Computational experiment is required.
Still wayting for replies from the WR... :)

Nature plays a slider game with rhombic dodecahedra

Offline chimera

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02/06/2005 20:29:51 »
One construction for the 24-cell evokes comparison with the rhombic dodecahedron.

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/24-Cell.html

But more interestingly, the 24-cell or hyperdiamond only exists in 4 dimensions (and is to my knowledge the *only* shape to only exist in 4 dimensions)

In crystallography, the rhombic dodecahedron is found as pyrite, fool's gold.
« Last Edit: 02/06/2005 20:31:27 by chimera »

Offline IvanKrasnyj

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08/06/2005 20:44:42 »
I've chosen the rhombic dodecahedron not "just because". The polyhedron has to be nominated for the volume quantum shape in the 3D-space. First, it should provide space-tiling and maximal symmetry. And the second, perform "least-action" principle, maintained in physics. The f.c.c. lattice, holding the rhombic dodecaheda as Voronoy-Delaune cells, has been selected for the task.

Sometimes extra dimensions may lead us far from the desired target...

Nature plays a slider game with rhombic dodecahedra...

Offline chimera

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09/06/2005 12:17:50 »
No, I think you're on to something, but I have a feeling a GUT cannot be complete without a description of the workings of Time. A 3D-scenario alone cannot suffice, I fear.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils - Hector Louis Berlioz

Offline chimera

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09/06/2005 22:58:53 »
Here's a nice read on that sphere packing in higher dimensions:

There are 52 combinatorially non-equivalent four-dimensional parallelohedra, of which 17 are zonotopes and all the other 35 parallelohedra have the 24-cell as Minkowski summand.

http://www-m10.ma.tum.de/~richter/DissAndDipl/dissVallentin.pdf

none of this goes contrary to your ideas, I think. It can only add something...

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils - Hector Louis Berlioz

Offline llamman

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10/06/2005 14:14:05 »
After 20 years of development I have created a Grand Unification Model that binds all states of matter and energy and the time space relations together in an undisputable fashion, to a single function.  It includes the ability to solve all and any current mysteries as well as a new definition of the universes exact states during it's lifetime.
If anyone is interested, feel free to contact me for detailed info.

Offline chimera

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11/06/2005 09:11:37 »
quote:
Originally posted by llamman

After 20 years of development I have created a Grand Unification Model that binds all states of matter and energy and the time space relations together in an undisputable fashion, to a single function.  It includes the ability to solve all and any current mysteries as well as a new definition of the universes exact states during it's lifetime.
If anyone is interested, feel free to contact me for detailed info.

Why don't you start a new thread about it and let everybody share in the fun and maybe poke some holes in it? [:I]

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #8 on: 11/06/2005 09:11:37 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums