The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Feels bloated having eaten very little...  (Read 3831 times)

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
  • Live your life to the full!
    • View Profile
Feels bloated having eaten very little...
« on: 25/03/2009 19:55:53 »
Hi,

My dad regularly gets this thing where he feels bloated having eaten very little.
I'm worried for him and he won't go to the doctors about it, even though I've been pestering him that it might be something big..
He's not slim because of it - he's rather quite fat and has a big belly.
He still has a big dinner, but regularly he says after eating a snack (such as a muffin) that he's bloated! (This is not straight after a meal)

Could this be something?

Variola

« Reply #1 on: 25/03/2009 20:42:58 »
Hi,

My dad regularly gets this thing where he feels bloated having eaten very little.
I'm worried for him and he won't go to the doctors about it, even though I've been pestering him that it might be something big..
He's not slim because of it - he's rather quite fat and has a big belly.
He still has a big dinner, but regularly he says after eating a snack (such as a muffin) that he's bloated! (This is not straight after a meal)

Could this be something?

Hiya

At  guess it could be that your Dad has a slight intolerance to gluten,  causing bloating and a 'heavy' feeling in the gut. Or sometimes dairy products have the same affect.
Sometimes bloating can be a symptom of irritable bowel syndrome too, particularly if he toilet habits are variable.
Do urge him to see his GP, as it could be treated easily with some medication and/or change of diet.

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26/03/2009 02:27:55 »
HI SEANY!!!!!!!!!YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

You were thinking like me.. I have an aquaintance who has a gluten problem and she feels that same bloating feeling...after eating breads muffins and other things with gluten.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 26/03/2009 02:27:55 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums