The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Headache.... What to do?  (Read 36128 times)

Offline Raghavendra

• Quantum
    • View Profile
    • Raghavendra
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #75 on: 04/04/2009 08:39:01 »
Raghavandra..Did you have to go get another injection to relieve your headache?

I think maybe chemistry4me is trying to tell you that by having sex when you have a headache it can help stop the pain in your head.. and that masturbation is an option if you do not have a partner...

It sounds to me you have other things happening that cause your headaches...

Do you take nitroglycerin for heart pain....as that can really give you a bad headache?

Ya i took, how do you came to know about the medicine name "nitroglycerin" ... i take now also, you are just amazing@!
No Big Deal Ragavandra.. I also Take Nitroglycerin for unstable Angina... It is pretty well known that it will give you the worse headache ever... They generally don"t last a long time.. I have had to have a 8 hour time released patch of nitroglycerin.. and that was not fun because I had a continuous headache still the next day until I realized The patch was still in place.. I then removed it and within a little while the headache went away!

The nitroglycerin has been very good at doing its job and opening up the vessels to allow better blood flow....

quite interesting :-)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #76 on: 04/04/2009 14:46:29 »
Yes it is! Very helpful medication when taken at the proper time...

Offline Raghavendra

• Quantum
    • View Profile
    • Raghavendra
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #77 on: 06/04/2009 08:01:11 »
 ok it's good..  how long years you are suffering form heart pain karen?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #78 on: 06/04/2009 08:04:55 »

48 years but it was mild as a teenager and young adult and infrequent.
As a 1 year old I had 3 heart attacks and then the did open heart surgery to correct three birth defects.. I now find I had more then the three but I knew not of that until this last year.

Offline Raghavendra

• Quantum
    • View Profile
    • Raghavendra
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #79 on: 06/04/2009 08:16:08 »
 I feel the pain? but still now i din't got heatattack... I don't know when it suddenly comes... still afraid?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #80 on: 06/04/2009 08:26:06 »
Yes is it angina ..? It sounds like unstable angina .. I have trouble with that myself and it is very frightening because I cannot predict what brings it on. some people can expect to get it upon exertion or activities  so they can take their nitroglycerin before activity but unlike stable angina or regular, I can be sitting doing absolutely nothing and have it hit! It seems to be worse during stress or upset with spouse etc.. or bad news makes it come on sometimes.. because of the stress I suppose.. Its horrible and is very unpleasant and the last time I ended up back in the hospital.. and was very scared as it took quite a while to get it under control and I had a heart attack.

I do not know what your heart problem is but you should follow your Doctors orders as they know whats best for your condition and how to treat it. I know injections are not fun.. but sometimes they can help your heart and other parts of you function more reliably. So please check with doctor and educate yourself on your condition and learn what procedures your doctor thinks are appropriate and safe for you..

Offline Raghavendra

• Quantum
    • View Profile
    • Raghavendra
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #81 on: 06/04/2009 08:29:53 »
ooo ok ... I have a doubt?
   Does the same problem can face the child... means Father>son to his son> like chain reaction? can it happen?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #82 on: 06/04/2009 08:37:06 »
Well I do not know what your case is exactly and I am unsure weather angina could be inherited I assume that certain heart problems could certainly be inherited but was told that congenital heart problems were not.. My Doctor on the other hand said my Grandmother and her mom both had some of the same problems as mine but I have so many problems, that it is confusing.. defect wise no I think.. but I am not a doctor.. perhaps a Doctor here could tell us if angina is hereditary or not..and what other heart ailments are..

I know that Raynaud's phenomenon is hereditary and I have that and passed it to my two children.. 1rst son seems unaffected by it but daughter and youngest boy both have it! Son worse then daughter at this point. He has a great deal of trouble with it!
« Last Edit: 06/04/2009 09:11:12 by Karen W. »

Offline Raghavendra

• Quantum
    • View Profile
    • Raghavendra
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #83 on: 06/04/2009 08:38:23 »
ok. It's a big headache to deal with it ???

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #84 on: 06/04/2009 08:50:33 »
Heart and blood vessel disease can be inherited! Heart aneurysms are and can be inherited and I have them also..

Here are some that are inherited!

Selected incyclopedia of the heart!

http://www.hhmi.org/biointeractive/vlabs/cardiology/content/cg/encyclopedia.html

Inherited Heart Diseases

Many of the diseases or conditions described so far can occur as a result of a genetically inherited trait. This section lists some of these heritable diseases. Many of these diseases are not specific to the heart, but stem from a more generalized problem which happens to affect the heart.

Ellis-van Creveld Syndrome
This syndrome represents a rare autosomal recessive trait. The fact that it is found more commonly among the Amish people is explained by the founder effect, which occurs when a gene pool is restricted because the population is relatively isolated and has descended from a few individuals.
Ellis-van Creveld syndrome is characterized by atrial septal defects (see congenital heart defects) which in severe cases result in the affected individual having a single combined atrium. Other manifestations of this disease include extra digits and dwarfism.

Familial Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
Discussed in the previous cardiomyopathies section. More than 40 mutations have been identified that cause the familial form of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. These are inherited as autosomal (non sex-linked) dominant traits.

Holt-Orams Syndrome
While this autosomal dominant disorder can cause arm abnormalities, it also manifests as an atrial septal defect (ASD) of varying severity. The electrical activity of the heart may also be disturbed due to the ASD.

Marfan Syndrome
This is an autosomal dominant disorder of varying severity. The disease affects the connective tissue and results in the abnormal length of the extremities: legs, arms, fingers, and toes. Affected individuals may also have problems with their eyes. Marfan syndrome can cause aortic aneurysm and aortic dissection as well as mitral regurgitation and aortic regurgitation.

Ward-Romano Syndrome
This is a form of long QT syndrome (see cardiac arrhythmia and ECG ) that is inherited as an autosomal dominant trait. At least three different genes have been identified, mutations in which can lead to this disease.
The long QT interval results from abnormal electrical conduction in the heart and can lead to brief loss of consciousness (syncope) and sudden death.

Offline Raghavendra

• Quantum
    • View Profile
    • Raghavendra
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #85 on: 06/04/2009 08:52:02 »
you have given useful information
 Thank u

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #86 on: 06/04/2009 08:56:12 »
ok. It's a big headache to deal with it ???

Well not too bad.. I get cold really easily but to the point that it causes a restriction in my vascular artery that runs through the heart.. I know I am not explaining this right.. but the way the doctor explained to me was that by getting too cold causes so much constriction of those vessels in the heart that my heart was actually spasming.. which is very painful.. so I am taking some kind of medication for opening up the vessels and helping blood flow so it lessons the constriction thus eases the spasms. The nitroglycerin. also is a vascular enlarger or whatever they call it.. it opens them up allowing better flow also!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #87 on: 06/04/2009 08:59:38 »
you have given useful information
 Thank u

Your Welcome Ragavandra!
If you find out what it is that you suffer from you then will be able to educate yourself with the help of your good doctors and this should be a good way to alleviate your anxiety about the attacks of pain in your heart! Learn about your problem and then it will feel less scary, OK?

Your welcome.. I wish I could be of better help and I hope you find a good doctor to help you learn about your own condition!
« Last Edit: 06/04/2009 09:01:20 by Karen W. »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #88 on: 06/04/2009 09:03:43 »
By the way those spasms can also be brought on by stress with the Raynaud's phenomenon not just cold!
« Last Edit: 06/04/2009 09:09:25 by Karen W. »

Offline Raghavendra

• Quantum
    • View Profile
    • Raghavendra
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #89 on: 06/04/2009 09:11:01 »
 ;) ok.. but nowever days i am not feeling much pain... but some times i feel ...

But i can control the pain by relaxing.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #90 on: 06/04/2009 09:17:11 »
;) ok.. but nowever days i am not feeling much pain... but some times i feel ...

But i can control the pain by relaxing.

THat is good.. some of the pain I had with this growing up I was able to be very still and slow my breathing breathing in through nose and out threw mouth to help get through the pain.. it did not stop it but it helped me to get through it until the pain subsided.. being calm brought on less tension and stress when the pain hit..  otherwise I could not handle the pain.. It always made me cry afterwards as I was so scared... I used to tense up and try to hold my breath waiting for it to pass but it did not help only made things worse so I learned through self experience it was better to slow my breathing and breath in good diaphragm breathing until the pain was gone... It did not stop the pain but helped me get through it..

Offline Raghavendra

• Quantum
    • View Profile
    • Raghavendra
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #91 on: 06/04/2009 09:31:47 »
UUhh i din't cry, i cry when doctor is near catching injection  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #92 on: 06/04/2009 09:35:04 »
LOL Yes I understand.... Shots are no fun thats for sure! I am sorry about you having to have those! I hope it gets better for you soon and they find a way to help you a bit more!

Offline Raghavendra

• Quantum
    • View Profile
    • Raghavendra
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #93 on: 06/04/2009 09:37:43 »
Still i have to be mature to control the pain?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #94 on: 06/04/2009 09:49:28 »
Yes you do.. It is something you just learn to do. It is better to not get really upset but definitely seek help when it happens You need to be safe but also calm.... try not to panic.. which I know is hard I can say that but there are times when it is so painful that I cry its not anything to be ashamed of Pain is no fun... just make sure you get help when it happens...

Offline Raghavendra

• Quantum
    • View Profile
    • Raghavendra
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #95 on: 06/04/2009 09:52:55 »
ok .. did you cry at my age?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #96 on: 06/04/2009 10:07:01 »
depending on the severity sometimes.. but eventually by about 18 was able to cope better with it then.. It still happens and its worse when I am alone as then I tend to be really scared too and that just makes it worse.. and Nobody there to bug me if I cry and get it out so yes at times when it is bad I cry.. but I hate crying in front of someone and I try really hard not too.

Offline Raghavendra

• Quantum
    • View Profile
    • Raghavendra
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #97 on: 06/04/2009 10:11:27 »
LOL quite interesting... sweet words to hear?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #98 on: 06/04/2009 10:22:14 »
Interesting....??? Really?

What you laughing at?  You mean to read not hear?

Offline Raghavendra

• Quantum
    • View Profile
    • Raghavendra
Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #99 on: 06/04/2009 10:25:04 »
 I was thinking that why were you alone,,

The Naked Scientists Forum

Headache.... What to do?
« Reply #99 on: 06/04/2009 10:25:04 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums