The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Are Protons Contact Lens Shaped?  (Read 1864 times)

Offline common_sense_seeker

• View Profile
    • Believers In Gravity Shielding (BiGS)
Are Protons Contact Lens Shaped?
« on: 25/04/2009 12:19:22 »
We all know about the neutron, the proton and the electron which comprise the atomic nucleus. Can a proton be thought of as producing the electron? If the proton radiates gravitons, couldn't these be focused to a point, where they interact to form an electron? (similar to a glass lens focussing light). The neutron would similarly radiate gravitons, but due to it's regular shape, an electron isn't formed. The different orbits of the electron would be dictated by the changing lens shape of the proton structure. Does this visualisation of shape and geometry have potential?

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #1 on: 25/04/2009 14:04:47 »
There would need to be a reason for it and some experimental evidence that the proton is lens shaped. My own speculation is that the proton takes on the outward appearance of a sphere. The sphere is made of three photon shells, one inside the other. A neutron is the same except it has one extra shell outside the proton's outer shell. The shells spin at the speed of light as a single photon moves around the circumference of each shell. Kinda like this graphic:

Offline common_sense_seeker

• View Profile
    • Believers In Gravity Shielding (BiGS)
« Reply #2 on: 28/04/2009 11:39:49 »
There would need to be a reason for it and some experimental evidence that the proton is lens shaped. My own speculation is that the proton takes on the outward appearance of a sphere. The sphere is made of three photon shells, one inside the other. A neutron is the same except it has one extra shell outside the proton's outer shell. The shells spin at the speed of light as a single photon moves around the circumference of each shell. Kinda like this graphic:

What do think is the shape of an electron, incidentally?

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #3 on: 28/04/2009 14:50:55 »
I am inclined to suspect that an old idea that was common at the turn of the 20th century is the correct view of physical reality. This old idea was based upon the postulate: The final irreducible constituent of all physical reality is the electromagnetic field.

So, based upon that view, the electron is a single photon. It is trapped in a self-resonant pattern, maybe a circle. The bend in the photon's path causes the electron's electric charge. So, the electron would be a hollow shell, the inside of which is positively charged, the outside of which is negatively charged. This makes the electron the largest of the elementary particles because its size is determined by its wave length, which is inversely related to mass.

This electron structure has yet to be discovered. I suspect that it soon will be discovered. Some years ago I speculated about this and worked out a shell structure for protons and neutrons.
I called it the Square-of-The-Shells rule.
C Source code for the calculator.
« Last Edit: 28/04/2009 14:56:21 by Vern »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #3 on: 28/04/2009 14:50:55 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length