The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: progesterone and fertility  (Read 5658 times)

Offline morrigan

• First timers
    • View Profile
progesterone and fertility
« on: 24/06/2005 14:07:48 »
i am currently tracking my firtility by checking my waking temperatures and checking other firtility signs such as cervix position and cervical fluid as my partner and i are trying to get pregnant. i have had my hormones tested and have been told that i have low progesterone levels. i understood that progesterone levels controlled the release of prolactin (hormone for making milk) and that if you have low progesterone levels then you should not get sore breasts, and yet i have very sore breasts during the luteal faze.

they start to get sore a couple of days before ovulation and stop at menstruation. i have a short luteal faze, 10 - 11 days and very little firtile quality cervical fluid. i have very light periods with almost no bleeding but there is a definite temperature shift upwards upwards after ovulation. i was also told that there was a higher than normal peak of Lutenising hormone at ovulation though no-one has yet tested this at any other time of my cycle.

can any one help me sort this out please? or alternatively can anyone please point me to a site that might be able to help me.
My mother once asked me to check for fragile x syndrome and premature ovarian failure. this is because there are a few relatives on my fathers side who had similar learning disabilites to those displayed by fragile x syndrome children though there is no-one in the last two generations that i know about.  As well, my fathers mother did have an early undiagnosed senility like condition with tremors and halucinations. i think that this may be a red herring though.

thanks

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
Re: progesterone and fertility
« Reply #1 on: 07/07/2005 12:26:17 »
I'll have a look into this for you, but to get you started have a look at this article about the menstrual cycle, which may provide some useful background.

Chris

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception"
 - Groucho Marx

Offline Andrew K Fletcher

• Neilep Level Member
  • KIS Keep It Simple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05/03/2006 20:01:58 »
Methylparaben, Propylparaben, found in a lot of the products your blatantly advertising here. These are known oestrogen's, kinda defeats the object don't it?

"The explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is most likely to be correct."
K.I.S. "Keep it simple!"

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 05/03/2006 20:01:58 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums