The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Grumble forum  (Read 25952 times)

Offline NLJB

• View Profile
Re: Grumble forum
« Reply #75 on: 24/09/2005 00:39:24 »
I HATE BUSH, WHEN PEOPLE TRY TO CONVERT ME WHEN I'M CLEARLY AN ATHEIST, AND WHEN PEOPLE CALL ME RUDE NAMES FOR STANDING UP FOR WHAT I THINK: AMERICA IS NOT FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARG!

NLJB

Offline NLJB

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 24/09/2005 00:51:44 »
I hate people who waste there lives away as gas attendants

"How would you live your life if no one was watching?"- One of those friggin posters

Offline David Sparkman

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 24/09/2005 01:47:28 »
NLJB,

Visit India and step over the 5 year old kids sleeping in the streets, or see the old man looking into a restaurant display and knowing he can't afford anything in there. Sit on a skateboard because you have no legs and beg for money. Everyone of those people I met would  consider themselves to be rich to live in the United States. You are just spoiled because you never have been truly poor.

Free? There is no place where you are totally free. Everyplace has rules. Here in the US at least, you don't get killed for disliking the country's leader. Go down to Cuba and sound off about Castro and see what happens - a nice jail cell. Then maybe you will begin to understand how precious little freedom there is in this world where less than half of the countries are not run by dictators, and where economic success, though not guaranteed, is less punished in this country through taxation than any other free county. So here you have more freedom and more chance of success. To gripe that life isn't fair is understandable, but it wasn't exactly fair to the old man on the skateboard either.

As far as gas attendants, I have been there and done that. It paid for two semesters of college, and I got to meet all kinds of people and practice my smile :D

If you want to judge the character of a man, see how he treats those who serve him.
« Last Edit: 24/09/2005 01:56:17 by David Sparkman »

Offline ukmicky

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.space-talk.com/
« Reply #78 on: 24/09/2005 01:55:11 »
yep gas attendant, i've also been there done that, And good reply David

Michael
« Last Edit: 24/09/2005 02:00:02 by ukmicky »

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 24/09/2005 02:10:04 »
The price of petrol !!..whinge, moan, grumble !!

Men are the same as women.... just inside out !!

Offline Andrew K Fletcher

• Neilep Level Member
  • KIS Keep It Simple
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 24/09/2005 11:25:14 »
Parents and relatives of children in India and other Eastern Countries that deliberately disable and maim children in order to get them out on the streets begging for money. And more to the point, The Westerners who give money to the parents through the often horrendously disfigured and disabled children, rewarding them for their inhumain and barbaric selfish practices. Stop giving money to these unfortunate children and the bastards that cripple these kids will have no reason to do so in the future!

"The explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is most likely to be correct."
K.I.S. "Keep it simple!"

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #80 on: 24/09/2005 11:25:14 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length