The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Can you tell me about bartho....something and vaginal cists?  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Well...I went to the Doctor today because over this last week I was sick with flu bug kinda thing...It went away, but Then I developed a very hard sore spot the size of a pea or bigger down next to my labia...

It has grown rapidly this week. This is beyond sore now and down right painful..My Doctor looked at it today and said it was an infected cist growing under my skin.

I was worried ...cause it hurt so bad... she said to take an antibiotic called  Keflex 500 mg tablets. 1 every six hours till all 40 are gone.
Put hot compresses on it and sit in hot bath 3 or 4 times a day!

There are two glands there, and the one upper left gland,, above it has formed an infected cist..... I forget what she called the gland but said it was a lubricating gland....   started with a Bartho .....something gland. The cist is not in that gland but to the side above it.

Can someone elborate about these cists for me.....I have not been sexually active...... and am pretty maticulous with cleaning, so what else causes these infections?
« Last Edit: 30/04/2009 10:10:43 by Karen W. »

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
A Bartholin gland duct can get blocked by infection, swelling, or thick mucus. When a duct gets blocked, fluid builds up and creates a cyst.

http://health.yahoo.com/women-gyn/bartholin-gland-cyst-topic-overview/healthwise--tw2688.html

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
A Bartholin gland duct can get blocked by infection, swelling, or thick mucus. When a duct gets blocked, fluid builds up and creates a cyst.

http://health.yahoo.com/women-gyn/bartholin-gland-cyst-topic-overview/healthwise--tw2688.html

Thats the one! YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! thanks C4M !
I will read it!

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums