The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What Kind of infections does Keflex 500 MG Treat?  (Read 22397 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
I know it is an atibiotic and sometimes people with allergies to penicillan have reactions to this to, but what Kind of things are generally treated with this antibiotic....

They are 500 mg capsules, bright red..to be taken 1 every 6 hours..There are forty capsules.

It seems like a large dose or am I mistaken about this or is that an average dose....?

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What Kind of infections does Keflex 500 MG Treat?
« Reply #1 on: 08/05/2009 01:27:43 »
Respiratory tract infections caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae and Streptococcus pyogenes (Penicillin is the usual drug of choice in the treatment and prevention of streptococcal infections, including the prophylaxis of rheumatic fever. Keflex is generally effective in the eradication of streptococci from the nasopharynx; however, substantial data establishing the efficacy of Keflex in the subsequent prevention of rheumatic fever are not available at present.)

Otitis media due to Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus pyogenes, and Moraxella catarrhalis

Skin and skin structure infections caused by Staphylococcus aureus and/or Streptococcus pyogenes

Bone infections caused by Staphylococcus aureus and/or Proteus mirabilis

Genitourinary tract infections, including acute prostatitis, caused by Escherichia coli, Proteus mirabilis, and Klebsiella pneumoniae

http://www.rxlist.com/keflex-drug.htm

They are 500 mg capsules, bright red..to be taken 1 every 6 hours..There are forty capsules.It seems like a large dose or am I mistaken about this or is that an average dose....?

For the following infections, a dosage of 500 mg may be administered every 12 hours: streptococcal pharyngitis, skin and skin structure infections, and uncomplicated cystitis in patients over 15 years of age.

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08/05/2009 08:10:17 »
Thanks C4M..... She put me on it on a every f hour cycle... for a infected cist...but I also had a UTI A COUPLE WEEKS BACK RIGHT BEFORE THE CIST SHOWED UP.
Sorry..My cap key stuck!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 08/05/2009 08:10:17 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length