The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: QotW - 09.05.24 - Will the stupid outbreed the clever?  (Read 43405 times)

Offline jccc

• View Profile
Re: QotW - 09.05.24 - Will the stupid outbreed the clever?
« Reply #75 on: 17/05/2015 00:29:52 »
the meek will inherit the earth

Offline Pecos_Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 18/05/2015 01:22:49 »
Your defense of selfishness brings to my mind Gordon  Gecko in the film in the 1987 film "Wall Street" where he says, ""Greed, for lack of a better word, is good".

In view of the catastrophic results following on the 2008 bank failures, I have my doubts, Hoss.

How <<is>>" austerity" working out?

Offline David Cooper

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 18/05/2015 16:35:40 »
I'm not defending selfishness. I'm merely not equating it to stupidity because there are some very bright bastards out there.

Offline Pecos_Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 19/05/2015 00:51:46 »
How bright can they really be when winning the rat race only means that they are the biggest rat?

Success is getting what you want, but happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline David Cooper

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 19/05/2015 17:04:26 »
For them, happiness is getting more than their fair share, and if they think they'll get away with it, they'll go for it. It's a mistake to think of them as not being bright because it's dangerous to underestimate their abilities.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 11/06/2015 13:27:43 »
   One advantage of teenagers having children is help by mom with the baby. Also the babies become part of their parents medical insurance. In general the teenagers have a roof over their head and food on the table. If they waited till they were in their 20's they would not have so much support. In this way they could get the children out of the way without worry about financial responsibilities.

Carl

None
« Reply #81 on: 05/07/2015 16:39:59 »
I wonder if this article is an example of the negative effects of low IQ breeding? The fact they suggest we are OK for now suggests not being smart enough to realize we are ALREADY in a VERY bad state. The average person cannot even cross the street or stand in a line properly and still see news media as some kind of public service. TONS of people still have very absurd superstitions beliefs based on what amounts to thin air or a strand of hair. The Idiocracy is here NOW strong as ever and growing fast. People still don't see marriage for what it really is. They still support the ignorant lie of race. We are now living in the modern dark ages. 200 years from if the IQ of society is saved by the things mentioned in this article, we will look on this generation as savages. Boxing. Adults getting into physical fights because of simple disagreements. Road rage. Prison industrial complex. Too anybody paying attention, things are pretty bad RIGHT NOW! Don't let our advancements in technology blind us from the idiots using this tech.

Marc

None
« Reply #82 on: 22/11/2016 20:14:45 »
The cure is education, not eugenics. If 'we' wanted stop stupid people entering the world we'd have to select from all classes, not just the favourite whipping boy of the self-elevated top tier.

The Naked Scientists Forum

None
« Reply #82 on: 22/11/2016 20:14:45 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length