The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Did we land on the moon?  (Read 202795 times)

lyner

Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #100 on: 16/12/2007 20:50:30 »
Conspiracy in the Scientific Community? On a Worldwide scale?
You might be able to gag the military and make politicians do what the government says but gagging all the Scientists, technicians and engineers in Nasa and around the work?
Not possible; Scientists are too full of themselves and too keen on sharing their information. It would have got out within 24 hours of the deception and with irrefutable evidence.
My best argument for it being genuine is 'human nature'.

For every 'PhD' who believes it was a setup, there are hundreds of thousands who believe it was not..

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #101 on: 16/12/2007 22:37:16 »
Paul, are you watching the football on satelite TV?

For every PhD who believes this there are probably a dozen who are prepared to write about it as if they believe it because "Actually it's all just what NASA said and not a conspiracy at all" doesn't sell many copies and PhDs need to earn money too.

If someone really believes that all the scientists are "in on it together" then I wonder what they do believe in. After all it makes at least as much sense to say that the churches are all a conspiracy; he already thinks the world's governments are part of a conspiracy.

If the weather service tells you it will be cold today do they believe them? After all they are run by the government and staffed by these untrustworthy scientists while they claim to use satelite imagery. Do they think it's all a fake?

Oh, I'm still waiting to hear about the retroreflectors.

paul.fr

Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #102 on: 16/12/2007 23:01:26 »
"Paul, are you watching the football on satelite TV?"

No, live streaming over the net.

Offline Cosmored

• View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #103 on: 20/12/2007 22:32:56 »
We can clearly put stuff in space now. Why assume that we couldn't do it before?
One theory is the radiation in space.

http://www.geocities.com/apollotruth/
(excerpt)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is an old saying that "A liar needs a good memory". Nowhere is this more true than in the Apollo program. NASA tell lies to cover up previous lies, and other discrepancies uncovered by people investigating the Moon landings. Altering previous data, removing photographs, and retracting statements made, only re-enforces the evidence that NASA are on the run, and being forced into a corner to which they cannot escape. The actions of those under investigation makes the investigator more aware they are bluffing. The longer that person, or persons, who make the extravagant claims continue, the more lies they have to tell in order to counteract it, until it reaches the point where it becomes ridiculous. That point was passed in July 1999, when NASA officials were questioned about the Moon landings on television. They dodged the all important questions like a drifter dodges the heat.

Many Apollo astronauts have long since died, as to have many of the original NASA officials involved in the scam, consequently current officials, who know that Apollo was a fake, have not quite got it right when talking openly in public. Perhaps the biggest slip of the tongue was made by NASA Chief Dan Goldin when interviewed by UK TV journalist Sheena McDonald in 1994. He said that mankind cannot venture beyond Earth orbit, 250 miles into space, until they can find a way to overcome the dangers of cosmic radiation. He must have forgot that they supposedly sent 27 astronauts 250,000 miles outside Earth orbit 36 years earlier.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

two sets of radiation data
http://hey_223.tripod.com/bulldoglebeautaketooooo/id82.html
(excerpt)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To prove his thesis, Rene tries to get certain solar data from NATIONAL
OCEANIC & ATMOSPHERIC ADMINISTRATION, (NOAA) using clever techniques
to
disguise his true intentions, [i.e. to get true data on solar flares.] NOAA,
unfortunately, proved to be as cagey as Rene in dodging the giving out of any
really good DETAILS on this matter, [you know, where the devil resides.]

Rene, seeing games being played, deduced that there must be two sets of data,
one which is sent to scientists on the preferred list, and one sent to the
likes of Rene as casual strangers. (p.125)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://ocii.com/~dpwozney/apollo5.htm
http://www.erichufschmid.net/MoreInfoForScienceChallenge.html
http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=9659&hl=apollo

Here's something else I found.
http://www.apfn.org/apfn/moon.htm
(excerpt)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Several motives have been suggested for the U.S. government to fake the moon landings - some of the recurrent elements are:
Distraction - The U.S. government benefited from a popular distraction to take attention away from the Vietnam war. Lunar activities did abruptly stop, with planned missions cancelled, around the same time that the US ceased its involvement in the Vietnam War.
Cold War Prestige - The U.S. government considered it vital that the U.S. win the space race with the USSR. Going to the Moon, if it was possible, would have been risky and expensive. It would have been much easier to fake the landing, thereby ensuring success.
Money - NASA raised approximately 30 billion dollars pretending to go to the moon. This could have been used to pay off a large number of people, providing significant motivation for complicity. In variations of this theory, the space industry is characterized as a political economy, much like the military industrial complex, creating fertile ground for its own survival.
Risk - The available technology at the time was such that there was a good chance that the landing might fail if genuinely attempted.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, at the risk of sounding like a cracked record, who put the retroreflectors there?
An unmanned vehicle could have soft-landed.  It could have had the reflectors attached to its sides.

Conspiracy in the Scientific Community? On a Worldwide scale?

If there are any scientists who don't believe it, the press would ignore them.

Here's something I found.
http://www.nardwuar.com/vs/bill_kaysing/index.html
(excerpt)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, how did the media fall for this?
Well, the media doesn't fall for anything. The media is controlled by the government. The Dutch papers on July 21 [1969] said that the moon landing was a hoax, was a fake, and I have been unable to find any of those Dutch papers, although it's well documented that they did publish information, with proof, that the U.S. was spoofing everybody.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It sounds impossible to keep a secret like that but evidently they did it somehow; the video evidence shows it was a hoax.

How about static ,vibration or dirt kicked up against the flag pole or flag.
If it had been static electricity, wouldn't the flag have been attracted to the astronaut as soon as he arrived to the closest point to the flag?
I had never heard the idea that he might have kicked some dirt against the pole; that does sound plausible but I've never seen dirt kicked that far in any of the footage where it shows dirt being kicked.  The astronaut is at least three or four feet from the pole when he goes by it and it would have had to be kicked to the side.  That's pretty far for a side kick.

What does everybody think of the astronauts' behavior at the press conference?

paul.fr

Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #104 on: 21/12/2007 05:30:26 »
#1 when talking about the "moon landing hoax", why is the term "theory" used to express what someone with an internet connection and too much free time dreams up?

#2 when did geocities home pages become fountains of knowledge?

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #105 on: 21/12/2007 15:33:49 »
Anyone with a poor enough understanding of reality to take this idea seriously probably can't quite grasp things as complicated as the meaning of the word "theory" as used in science.

If you are trying to back up a crackpot theory, geocities is about as good a set of "evidence" as you will find.

Offline Cosmored

• View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #106 on: 22/12/2007 20:08:29 »
How about static ,vibration or dirt kicked up against the flag pole or flag.

If it had been static electricity, wouldn't the flag have been attracted to the astronaut as soon as he arrived to the closest point to the flag?
I had never heard the idea that he might have kicked some dirt against the pole; that does sound plausible but I've never seen dirt kicked that far in any of the footage where it shows dirt being kicked.  The astronaut is at least three or four feet from the pole when he goes by it and it would have had to be kicked to the side.  That's pretty far for a side kick.
I just took another look at the video.  When the flag moves, the pole doesn't move so it can't have been soil kicked on it that cause the movement.

When are you going to comment on the astronauts' behavior at the press conference?

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #107 on: 23/12/2007 14:12:26 »
OK, I will comment on it; the bloke looks nervous. I have seen better speakers but I don't think many of them would have been better pilots. Since NASA would have chosen people who could fly the thing rather than good actors that makes sense.
Of course if it were faked you would need to explain why NASA couldn't get a better actor.
If anything, that video clip is evidence in favour of a trip to the moon.

Offline Cosmored

• View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #108 on: 28/12/2007 19:51:08 »
Of course if it were faked you would need to explain why NASA couldn't get a better actor.
They couldn't just hire any actor.  They had to chose from among the experienced pilots that were available.  It would  pretty hard to find someone who can both pilot large planes and lie with a straight face after a stunt like the faked moon landings.

sooyeah

Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #109 on: 29/12/2007 14:51:41 »
What does everybody think of the astronauts' behavior at the press conference?

Well I think it's obvious they went, look at them hoping around all smiles, that guy joyfully dancing on the table. I think we'd all act like that if we had been to the moon.

"Heres Jane eating a cup cake, and this is little tommy searching through the sock draw. Dont you just love the smell of freshly washed socks"

Offline Andrew K Fletcher

• Neilep Level Member
  • KIS Keep It Simple
    • View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #110 on: 31/12/2007 19:04:28 »

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #111 on: 31/12/2007 22:29:11 »
I remember seeing this Moon Landing on the morning it happened at 4am. As a
teenager too. So fake it's not
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RMINSD7MmT4

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #112 on: 31/12/2007 23:03:49 »
I watched it with my grandma we were up all the day before and all night watching... It was awesome!

Offline Cosmored

• View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #113 on: 02/01/2008 20:50:11 »

Look at the part of the video you posted where the astronaut is bouncing along.

At around the 21 minute mark of this video the above footage from Apollo 11 can be seen played at double speed.
http://video.google.es/videoplay?docid=4135126565081757736&q=apollo

It looks just like movement in earth gravity.  They just used fifty percent slow-motion to do Apollo 11.

Look at the movements in the first six seconds of this clip.

They are noticably different from the Apollo 11 footage.  They used a combination of support wires and a slow motion that was a little faster than fifty percent in the later missions.

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #114 on: 02/01/2008 20:58:10 »

Look at the part of the video you posted where the astronaut is bouncing along.

At around the 21 minute mark of this video the above footage from Apollo 11 can be seen played at double speed.
http://video.google.es/videoplay?docid=4135126565081757736&q=apollo

It looks just like movement in earth gravity.  They just used fifty percent slow-motion to do Apollo 11.

Look at the movements in the first six seconds of this clip.

They are noticably different from the Apollo 11 footage.  They used a combination of support wires and a slow motion that was a little faster than fifty percent in the later missions.

I did watch that video and 6 others from YouTube before deciding on the least
blurriest one. Yes it's slow motion but the videos and TV technology was hardly
as defined as today's is now. but they were all part of the Cold War's space
race. It is documented as such.
Edit at 22.36   But the reason that the astronauts were bouncing along was because there is no
gravity or oxygen on the moon or the rest of space.
« Last Edit: 02/01/2008 22:38:38 by rosalind dna »

Offline Andrew K Fletcher

• Neilep Level Member
  • KIS Keep It Simple
    • View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #115 on: 03/01/2008 11:07:29 »
Take away air / atmosphere resistance and reduce gravity and objects / astronauts should experience more velocity with very little force, which leaves the question how come everything is in slow motion?

Apply more resistance, say in a swimming pool and then you can expect the opposite and a slow motion reaction to a force.

So the dust at the feet of the astronauts would be propelled a great distance at a high velocity, yet it does nothing of the kind.

As I have stated before. A journey in micro-gravity of some 4.5 days in a very restricted space with no gravity would render their legs useless and requiring some serious rehabilitation in order to get them working. How come the astronauts got out of the casual and were able to act as if they had just got out of a chair? This could not happen according to NASA’s own research on the effects of gravity and human physiology.

And when they got back from the moon after Eight and a half days of microgravity? Yet little mention about their state of health was mentioned?

Astronauts orbiting the Earth are not even far enough away from the Earths gravitational pull but are merely counterbalancing it with the speed of their rotation around the Earth. Yet this has a serious detrimental impact on human physiology and is well documented.

Now time has moved on it has become clear that there are some serious questions about the credibility of the video evidence relating to the lunar landings.

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #116 on: 03/01/2008 16:46:13 »
Actually it has been mentioned since that the state of the astronauts or cosmonauts health was badly affected and their nerves also bone marrow had begun
to crumble.
When they get off the rockets, they have to taken away on wheelchairs.
Think quite how badly any astronuats would be affected if or when they ever go
to Mars. I guess that they'd die out there.

But you can't equate the weightless of a swimming pool to being in a rocket where
there is not gravity at all. But the oxygen on the rockets is artificial whereas
the oxygen in a swimming pool is natural.

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #117 on: 03/01/2008 18:02:58 »
Cosmored
"They couldn't just hire any actor.  They had to chose from among the experienced pilots that were available.  It would  pretty hard to find someone who can both pilot large planes and lie with a straight face after a stunt like the faked moon landings"
The idea that you would need an actor who can fly misses the point. If it's faked then it didn't fly. Why get a pilot when what you need is an actor?
Nasa could have got decent actors so why did they put up with those (frankly rather poor) speakers unless it was because they were the best pilots?

Does this "But the oxygen on the rockets is artificial whereas
the oxygen in a swimming pool is natural" actually mean anything?

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #118 on: 03/01/2008 20:55:30 »
I have found these links to the 1968 Apollo 11 - moon landings' astronauts
biographies.
In the late '60s, the TV were much smaller and the screens also cameras to us
the viewers was jerkier, like a badly held DVD homemade film.
Another thing, how could the astronauts bring home "moon rock" if they'd not
been there as it's been scientifically tested.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/july/21/newsid_2635000/2635845.stm
http://www.nasa.gov/worldbook/armstrong_neil_worldbook.html
http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/Bios/htmlbios/aldrin-b.html
http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/Bios/htmlbios/collins-m.html
http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/Bios/htmlbios/lovell-ja.html

paul.fr

Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #119 on: 04/01/2008 07:54:48 »
BC, i hope you have some bandages handy! I hear brick walls can play havoc with ones head.

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #120 on: 04/01/2008 17:34:53 »
You may be right paul, but I'm still waiting for a sensible answer from cosmored.

paul.fr

Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #121 on: 05/01/2008 00:04:06 »
You may be right paul, but I'm still waiting for a sensible answer from cosmored.

i once waited for a bus, and after quite a while 3 came along at once. so you never know.

are we talking about the Apollo missions, or an episode of thunderbirds?
hay, does anyone have a picture of Lady penelope?

Offline Cosmored

• View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #122 on: 07/03/2008 14:09:18 »
The documentary "What Happened on the Moon" is back online. It's the best moon-hoax video I've ever seen.

Part 1
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3622009579385499503

Part 2
http://video.google.es/videoplay?docid=-3186616594425246748

It usually doesn't stay online for very long so watch it fast; I've seen it go on and offline twice before.

Offline Cosmored

• View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #123 on: 27/04/2008 13:53:55 »
Here's the latest piece of evidence I've come across.

Start watching this clip at he 50 second mark.

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=I_CMgqitv98

Collins' jacket moves the way things move in gravity even though they were supposed to be in zero-gravity.

Offline Cosmored

• View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #124 on: 10/05/2008 22:46:32 »
Here's something I just came across.  Look at the way the corners of the jacket the woman astronaut is wearing behave in zero-gravity.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TejsnPThmd4
(first 10 seconds and last 30 seconds)

It's pretty different from the way the corner of Collins' jacket behaves.

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=I_CMgqitv98
(50 second mark)

The Naked Scientists Forum

Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #124 on: 10/05/2008 22:46:32 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length