The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Did we land on the moon?  (Read 202708 times)

Offline Andrew K Fletcher

• Neilep Level Member
  • KIS Keep It Simple
    • View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #275 on: 11/12/2008 16:43:22 »
No I mentioned the proof of location being relevent to the level of radiation in that photographs taken from X must have relied on the camera being at X so therefore can give a reliable reading of radiation in the films used at X so this can be used to validate or invalidate original footage by camparison of both films. I don't have access to examine both lots of films, do you?

lyner

Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #276 on: 11/12/2008 18:12:02 »
No. But I'm not trying to prove something!
I can say that I have seen some extremely clear pictures taken from any number of space probes, though. It is clearly not a huge problem.

We seem to have gone from radiation being too deadly to consider a Moon shot to it being strong enough to detect on sensitive film. So that seems to have knocked that particular evidence on the head.
Got any more?
« Last Edit: 14/12/2008 00:49:05 by sophiecentaur »

Offline mistyB

• First timers
    • View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #277 on: 07/01/2009 21:47:42 »
I have a friend that does not believe we landed on the moon.  He says this because there are no stars in the backgroud of the pictures that were taken while up there on the moon.  Does anyone know why that is?

I think mythbusters explained this pretty well

Offline Cosmored

• View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #278 on: 10/01/2009 20:36:18 »
I haven't looked here in a long time.

Here's all the stuff I've been able to find on space radiation.

http://www.geocities.com/apollotruth/
(excerpt)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is an old saying that "A liar needs a good memory". Nowhere is this more true than in the Apollo program. NASA tell lies to cover up previous lies, and other discrepancies uncovered by people investigating the Moon landings. Altering previous data, removing photographs, and retracting statements made, only re-enforces the evidence that NASA are on the run, and being forced into a corner to which they cannot escape. The actions of those under investigation makes the investigator more aware they are bluffing. The longer that person, or persons, who make the extravagant claims continue, the more lies they have to tell in order to counteract it, until it reaches the point where it becomes ridiculous. That point was passed in July 1999, when NASA officials were questioned about the Moon landings on television. They dodged the all important questions like a drifter dodges the heat.

Many Apollo astronauts have long since died, as to have many of the original NASA officials involved in the scam, consequently current officials, who know that Apollo was a fake, have not quite got it right when talking openly in public. Perhaps the biggest slip of the tongue was made by NASA Chief Dan Goldin when interviewed by UK TV journalist Sheena McDonald in 1994. He said that mankind cannot venture beyond Earth orbit, 250 miles into space, until they can find a way to overcome the dangers of cosmic radiation. He must have forgot that they supposedly sent 27 astronauts 250,000 miles outside Earth orbit 36 years earlier.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

two sets of radiation data
http://hey_223.tripod.com/bulldoglebeautaketooooo/id82.html
(excerpt)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To prove his thesis, Rene tries to get certain solar data from NATIONAL
OCEANIC & ATMOSPHERIC ADMINISTRATION, (NOAA) using clever techniques
to
disguise his true intentions, [i.e. to get true data on solar flares.] NOAA,
unfortunately, proved to be as cagey as Rene in dodging the giving out of any
really good DETAILS on this matter, [you know, where the devil resides.]

Rene, seeing games being played, deduced that there must be two sets of data,
one which is sent to scientists on the preferred list, and one sent to the
likes of Rene as casual strangers. (p.125)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://ocii.com/~dpwozney/apollo5.htm
http://www.erichufschmid.net/MoreInfoForScienceChallenge.html
http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=9659&hl=apollo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Van_Allen

These two links are about James Van Allen
---------------------------
http://www.buzzcreek.com/grade-a/MOON/articles1.htm
---------------------------

(this has 22 parts)

Offline Cosmored

• View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #279 on: 10/01/2009 20:52:19 »
I think mythbusters explained this pretty well

http://northerntruthseeker.blogspot.com/2008/10/project-apollo-art-of-deception.html
(excerpt)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recently, some people came up to me and said that I was full of BS, because to them, the Discovery Channel show "Mythbusters" blew the entire Apollo Hoax theory to pieces.

I have viewed the show, and my take on the "Mythbusters" is this: They are well paid by US government agencies to push through propaganda when necessary! It must be stated clearly that the Discovery Channel is well funded by US agencies, especially NASA! If you stop and think about it, the episodes about "busting the Apollo Hoax theory" were all conducted in NASA's own facilities! Also, it does not take a rocket scientist to realize that they had to "debunk" the Apollo Hoax, or have their show's funding from NASA cut off, and therefore be out of a job!

I therefore dismiss the Mythbusters for what they are... Propaganda experts, and shills for the government. They were even exposed for being used by the government when experts confronted them on their episode about RFID chips! If you dont believe me, go ahead and google "Mythbusters RFID episode exposed" for yourselves. You will see clearly how they had to tow the line, or else!

But, alas, the media again comes to the rescue of NASA and the government, and now people who watched those episodes have their eyes again closed to the idea and thought that the government faked Apollo. Must I remind people again how the idiot box has been proven again and again to be a great propaganda tool for brainwashing people, and not letting viewers see the truth about the world around themselves?

People cannot fathom the idea of one of the greatest endeavours in Human history being a massive fraud. Apollo believers will stoop to all types of distortions of science and common sense to defend the lie. You want proof? Go and look at some of the videos under the "Moonfaker" series for yourselves, and look at the comments by the Propagandist! It is so astonishing to see how duped and brainwashed some people are!

Logic, and science failed or were severely distorted when it came to Project Apollo, as revealed in some great sites such as "NASASCAM". Believers dismiss logic due to the massive PRIDE that was generated by the thought of being able to land a man on the moon, and return him safely to Earth. People forget about the dangers of space radiation, micrometeorites, and the extreme temperatures on the moon, just for a start due to power of such pride. The idea that they have been lied to all of these years generates so much fear that believers would rather defend the lie, than live in a world of uncertainty with the truth!

Understanding the hoax of Apollo was my initial springboard into the realm of truth seeking. Now after almost 30 years of knowing how the government used the project as a massive propaganda ploy, I am not afraid to help others to understand and see the truth for themselves
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the MythBusters videos does correct a mistake made by the hoax-believers.  The one on parallel shadows pointed out correctly that the light source was further away than the hoax-believers thought.  Correcting that mistake doesn't prove the landing were real though.  There's lots of simple evidence such as the Apollo 15 flag waving.

feature=PlayList&p=41BF9062EF97A674&index=0&playnext=1

There are a few famous mistakes made by hoax-believers.  None of them, when corrected, show the moon missions to be real though.

Offline bryan

• View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #280 on: 14/01/2009 18:53:27 »
I certainly did not, i'm not sure if you did.
But Neil Armstrong and his mates did.

lyner

Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #281 on: 14/01/2009 22:21:43 »
Cosmored
When you write such miles and miles of stuff, how can you expect anyone to read it, let alone follow up all your links - most / all of which I can guarantee, will be equally cranky.
A simple quote of some proper data would stand a chance of getting a serious dialog going. (Serious~? - well you know what I mean)

fr0sty

Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #282 on: 17/01/2009 05:05:49 »
i have just 1 thing to say I'm not posting links from youtube or from nasa,
but when i look at the videos i see people playing around,why because there lives are not at grate danger,
one other thing i know magic the art of distraction show you some thing before hand to pre set your mind for what it sees next,
I'm referring to the luna rover,if they didn't show you the clip of the driver getting in to the rover from onbord camera it stops you thinking why hasn't he moved ?? he looks like a action man not action men,first drive on moon and not a wave not a look to camera nothing,there nothing to say it is a living man in the toy car and watch on 42 in TV and look at the landing module looks like from the clangers,if they went the video is fake and the pic

lyner

Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #283 on: 17/01/2009 17:24:04 »
not a wave not a look to camera nothing
He was an astronaut with a job to do - not an actor or a show off.

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #284 on: 22/01/2009 16:58:24 »
Will someone who suspects hoax try to re-create the movement dynamics clearly visible in the astronauts movements. I think you will find it impossible.

Edit: I mean the little slow motion hop stride they had to do to get around.
« Last Edit: 22/01/2009 21:58:55 by Vern »

lyner

Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #285 on: 22/01/2009 22:37:34 »
Verne
All the films and TV were clearly tampered with, digitally, at the time so they could have produced absolutely any special effects they wanted to.

I swear you can see the wires if you look closely, too.
« Last Edit: 22/01/2009 22:39:11 by sophiecentaur »

fr0sty

Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #286 on: 22/01/2009 23:44:33 »
Verne
All the films and TV were clearly tampered with, digitally, at the time so they could have produced absolutely any special effects they wanted to.

iv seen them trip over wires,iv seen them with there reflective visor up with the so called sun direct in face and not go blind or get are eye ?? what ever nasa says if it wouldn't make you blind why do all space suites still have gold reflective vizor's for ?
i have never seen them show any sine that there lives could end any sec if they had a accident ?iv seen them play around as if it was all just pratice ????
i haven't seen a video with them showing total ore and wonder at what they are seeing,people get emotional at a good view on earth and can hear it in there voice ,is there 1 out there i haven't seen,
iv herd (think it was buzz not 100%)say he smelt the salt air as they entered earths atmosphere ?? did they have a window open ??
i see nasa other day admit that they still cannot grow a lettuce in close orbit never mind in sopace ?
WORK THIS OUT HOW MANY SPACE STATIONS ?ON 2ND ONE,MOON ONLY IS IT 4 DAYS AWAY,WHY NO MOON BASE ?? FULE NO ISUE DONT TAKE ANY TO GET THERE OR BACK JUST TO GET UP SOME SPEED THATS ALL (HOW OFTEN DOES A COMMET REFULE AND HOW MANY 1,000 IF YEARS HAVE THEY BEEN FLYING AROUND WITH OUT RE FULEING ??

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #287 on: 23/01/2009 12:44:50 »
Verne

I guess we'll have to go back to the moon and see if the footprints are there :)

The thing is that nobody guessed what the movment dynamics would be like; who knew you needed to hop around on the moon instead of a normal walk?
« Last Edit: 23/01/2009 12:51:56 by Vern »

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #288 on: 23/01/2009 12:50:03 »
Quote from: frOsty
i see nasa other day admit that they still cannot grow a lettuce in close orbit never mind in sopace ?
I think that low earth orbit is in space. Some things will grow; some things won't grow; I don't know what you can get from that.

fr0sty

Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #289 on: 23/01/2009 12:53:36 »
Verne

I guess we'll have to go back to the moon and see if the footprints are there :)
lol and nasa better make a luna rover with a round wheel on the front with 2 boots on it :)
im just saying the pic and vid dint look real (i like taking pic with SLR and dig but i know it isn't often you get a good pic but to get more than 1 very good pic on the moon with all the issues,and i didn't relies silver paint would protect a camera from the extream cold iv put food in freezer in silver foil and still froze ???

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #290 on: 23/01/2009 14:04:41 »
We've sent samples of the moon rocks to labs all around the globe to any country that was interested. Those rocks differ from earth rocks because of the constant cosmic bombardment that earth rocks don't get. We could not fake that:)

fr0sty

Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #291 on: 23/01/2009 15:05:40 »
We've sent samples of the moon rocks to labs all around the globe to any country that was interested. Those rocks differ from earth rocks because of the constant cosmic bombardment that earth rocks don't get. We could not fake that:)
so the robottic rovers didnt or couldnt colect rocks ?
or place a reflector for a earth based laser ?
all i know i see nasa other day admit they cannot grow a lettace in close orbit and they dont know why :)
all i say is pay your taxes to fund going to mars all they need is a red filter lol :)

• Neilep Level Member
  • KIS Keep It Simple
    • View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #292 on: 23/01/2009 16:45:12 »
LOL heard of meteors?

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #293 on: 23/01/2009 17:32:19 »
LOL heard of meteors?
Those rocks were followed by the press and guarded more closely than the gold at Fort Knox.

lyner

Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #294 on: 23/01/2009 21:27:46 »
FULE NO ISUE DONT TAKE ANY TO GET THERE OR BACK JUST TO GET UP SOME SPEED THATS ALL (HOW OFTEN DOES A COMMET REFULE AND HOW MANY 1,000 IF YEARS HAVE THEY BEEN FLYING AROUND WITH OUT RE FULEING ??

Do you know any Physics at all?
That is the most nonsensical statement I've read for some while. A comet doesn't need refueling because it never starts or stops anywhere - its total energy remains the same. Do some basic reading before you start holding forth about stuff you don't understand.

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #295 on: 23/01/2009 21:31:33 »
Hahaha :D:D, comets needing refulling!:D:D That's a good one! :D:D

lyner

Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #296 on: 23/01/2009 21:47:25 »
LOL heard of meteors?

Didya not know - meteors all show signs of extreme heating. Are you saying the moonrocks showed that too?

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #297 on: 23/01/2009 21:53:13 »
LOL heard of meteors?

Didya not know - meteors all show signs of extreme heating. Are you saying the moonrocks showed that too?
Good point; why didn't I think of that?

fr0sty

Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #298 on: 24/01/2009 05:12:58 »
FULE NO ISUE DONT TAKE ANY TO GET THERE OR BACK JUST TO GET UP SOME SPEED THATS ALL (HOW OFTEN DOES A COMMET REFULE AND HOW MANY 1,000 IF YEARS HAVE THEY BEEN FLYING AROUND WITH OUT RE FULEING ??

Do you know any Physics at all?
That is the most nonsensical statement I've read for some while. A comet doesn't need refueling because it never starts or stops anywhere - its total energy remains the same. Do some basic reading before you start holding forth about stuff you don't understand.
you are not reading what is said are you look at what i said once you get your speed it will not take any more fule to get to the moon than to get to mars OR ARE YOU SAYING IT IS ALL UP HILL ??? the comet was a reference in how far you can go once you have your speed up turn fule off till time to slow down or did nasa say they had to go full throttle all the way to moon and back ?? did they ?? if the subject upsets you why reply ?
« Last Edit: 24/01/2009 05:19:29 by fr0sty »

• Neilep Level Member
  • KIS Keep It Simple
    • View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #299 on: 24/01/2009 09:21:04 »
Meteors must all show signs of heating. I agree with that. There must have been a pretty violent event to fragment so much space debris and this would have also added to the heat evidence on the rocks would you agree on that?

LOL heard of meteors?

The Naked Scientists Forum

Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #299 on: 24/01/2009 09:21:04 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums