The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Did we land on the moon?  (Read 202777 times)

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #425 on: 18/02/2010 02:44:24 »
Laugh it up fuzzball, but dont be surprised when your internet is taken away and your skies are full of drones. You'll be crying crocodile tears while your waiting hours in the bread lines.

Thanks for your concern, but don't worry about me. The profit margin on drones is huge. Some might even call it obscene.

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #426 on: 18/02/2010 04:19:19 »
Damn you Geezer!
I was hoping to pick up the bounty for shopping FoosM to the "authorities".
I will just have to make do with the cash for grassing up Cosmored but the "powers that be" were doing a special on doubles.
Bugger!

Hard cheese BC. They are already on "the list".

Offline FoosM

• View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #427 on: 18/02/2010 11:34:51 »
Laugh it up fuzzball, but dont be surprised when your internet is taken away and your skies are full of drones. You'll be crying crocodile tears while your waiting hours in the bread lines.

Thanks for your concern, but don't worry about me. The profit margin on drones is huge. Some might even call it obscene.

Who is worried? All I said is dont be surprised.

Offline FoosM

• View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #428 on: 18/02/2010 21:18:05 »
I have always considered it a matter of scientific "unknowingness" that leads one to believe that we didn't go to the moon
-----
Well your wrong.

They are the modern "Flat Earthers". 
-----
No they are still around and have their own agenda

The history of scientific progress and achievement for at least several hundreds of years is quite voluminous, and it clearly speaks for itself. 
-----
It also speaks of numerous cases of being miss-used
to propagate political agendas and stealing hard earned income from citizens via bloated taxes.

Unfortunately, it seems that the doubters who believe such things are the ones who cannot fathom the history of science even if it were laid out in front of them. 
---
Rolls eyes.

I think the attraction of arguing against having gone to the moon involves the fact that it is untouchable and thus personally unverifiable for all of us except a handful of elites. 
-----
You got that right.  Its unverifiable

The moon is also "above" every one of us, so it takes on a spiritual kind of presence in addition to the seeming impossibility to struggle against so much gravity for so long to get there. 
-----
I doubt it, we all see gravity defying devices being used and are using them everyday.  You know, airplanes, missiles, etc.

Also mixed in with this too, I think, is a grassroots anti-establishment tinge ... a redneck versus ivy league kind of animosity. 
-----
I bet you dont even know where the term redneck comes from, and what it stood for.

Also, only governments (US and SU) have gone to the moon.  For me, it is silly to think that, despite the Cold War animosity between the US and the SU, both saw fit to not expose what would be the lies and deceptions of the other in regards to the race to the moon.
-----
Then your just plain silly.
Considering how the world & US has accepted the Chinese spacewalk.

Also too, I don't recall anyone not believing that men in the the Trieste bathyscaphe descended 7 miles into the deep, dark ocean to where the pressures (15,500 psi) would crush a man with a force of almost 50,000,000 pounds. 
----
7 miles is a far cry from 240.000 miles

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #429 on: 18/02/2010 21:58:45 »
"And if you want to claim you meant digital editing", "
Of course that's what I meant.
"go right on ahead and do so, but you still fail for even bringing the topic up. "

You brought it up.
You said "These anyone can now do themselves with a photo editing program." in your very first post on the matter.
Do you remember that or were you too busy worrying about my job needing a healthy brain.

As for "Go to those NASA websites download those pictures and tell me those are true blue
non edited photos.  You cant can you.  That's why your stalling. "
Why don't you listen?
Don't you understand that I have said before that nothing on the web is "real" it can all be faked.
Going directly to NASA'a site doesn't help.
Nor would going to the film.
My dad has a picture of a red and green zebra made without any digital image technology ( and since it dates from about 1980 not many places could have done the processing digitally at the time).
It doesn't mean the animal existed.

How many times do I have to say that citing an image on a web page proves precisely nothing?

I don't need to post a web address to show that no government has ever maintained any project for any length of time without screwing it up. That's common knowledge.
You, on the other hand, maintain that a set of successive US governments in collusion with the Russians and probably the Chinese, have maintained one of the most difficult subterfuges imaginable.

Do you think your position is viable?

On the other hand, the Chinese faked spacewalk really is important.
It proves that even now, decades later a sophisticated, technologically advanced, totalitarian society deploying  enormous resources still can't fake a few minutes of video well enough to convince the experts for long.
How the **** do you think NASA managed to get away with it for so long using 60's technology?

BTW, Geezer, Your right- I should have checked "the list" first.
 I work with one of those drones (the bastards won't let me fly it though) and you're right, the price is horrible.

Incidentally can anyone see how this outburst
"I bet you dont even know where the term redneck comes from, and what it stood for." can possibly have anything to do with the debate?

I'm quite happy to admit that I had to check what it originally meant.
So?

"Also too, I don't recall anyone not believing that men in the the Trieste bathyscaphe descended 7 miles into the deep, dark ocean to where the pressures (15,500 psi) would crush a man with a force of almost 50,000,000 pounds.
----
7 miles is a far cry from 240.000 miles"

14.7 PSI is a far cry from 15,5000 PSI.
Again, my question is so what?

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #430 on: 18/02/2010 22:29:23 »
The funniest aspect of all of this is not so much that people might believe the moolanding photos were faked, it's the fact that they believe that the US government could keep a lid on the deception for fifty years! The US government is about as secure a brown paper bag.

If it had been faked, can you imagine how much one of the many conspirators could make by selling the story to the media?
« Last Edit: 19/02/2010 00:01:04 by Geezer »

Offline FoosM

• View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #431 on: 19/02/2010 00:49:41 »
"And if you want to claim you meant digital editing", "
Of course that's what I meant.
"go right on ahead and do so, but you still fail for even bringing the topic up. "
----
I left you a way out.

You brought it up.
You said "These anyone can now do themselves with a photo editing program." in your very first post on the matter.
Do you remember that or were you too busy worrying about my job needing a healthy brain.
----
Anyone can do what with a photo editing program?
They can see themselves if the photos were manipulated!
You get it?  You get why your answer was so brainless?

As for "Go to those NASA websites download those pictures and tell me those are true blue
non edited photos.  You cant can you.  That's why your stalling. "
Why don't you listen?
Don't you understand that I have said before that nothing on the web is "real" it can all be faked.
Going directly to NASA'a site doesn't help.
Nor would going to the film.
My dad has a picture of a red and green zebra made without any digital image technology ( and since it dates from about 1980 not many places could have done the processing digitally at the time).
It doesn't mean the animal existed.
-----
Ahhhh.... Thank you.  You have now admitted NASA's photos cannot be verified as being real.
Since NASA could have edited their own photos.  
Finally we are making some headway 'whew'
Well if you dont trust NASA's websites, then you can also order a copy of the negs and see where that gets you.
Well never mind, your too scared to look anyway.

How many times do I have to say that citing an image on a web page proves precisely nothing?

I don't need to post a web address to show that no government has ever maintained any project for any length of time without screwing it up. That's common knowledge.
You, on the other hand, maintain that a set of successive US governments in collusion with the Russians and probably the Chinese, have maintained one of the most difficult subterfuges imaginable.
-----
Ummm no because many people dont believe that man landed on the moon.
So, they failed at keeping it a secret.  Duh.
You and a few others are the ones hanging on to the fantasy, many of us have moved on.

Do you think your position is viable?

On the other hand, the Chinese faked spacewalk really is important.
It proves that even now, decades later a sophisticated, technologically advanced, totalitarian society deploying  enormous resources still can't fake a few minutes of video well enough to convince the experts for long.
How the **** do you think NASA managed to get away with it for so long using 60's technology?
----
Again, they didnt.
And, you forget the general public in the 60's, 70's, up to arguably the 90's didnt have the kind of access to
TV, INTERNET, BOOKS like we do today.

BTW, Geezer, Your right- I should have checked "the list" first.
 I work with one of those drones (the bastards won't let me fly it though) and you're right, the price is horrible.

Incidentally can anyone see how this outburst
"I bet you dont even know where the term redneck comes from, and what it stood for." can possibly have anything to do with the debate?

I'm quite happy to admit that I had to check what it originally meant.
So?
-----
So you are happy, what did you learn?

"Also too, I don't recall anyone not believing that men in the the Trieste bathyscaphe descended 7 miles into the deep, dark ocean to where the pressures (15,500 psi) would crush a man with a force of almost 50,000,000 pounds.
----
7 miles is a far cry from 240.000 miles"

14.7 PSI is a far cry from 15,5000 PSI.
Again, my question is so what?
-----
I dont know, dont ask me, ask they dude that brought it up. Lol.

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #432 on: 19/02/2010 06:39:28 »
Foos, Perhaps you missed my last post. If you did, I'd be really interested in hearing your theory on how the US managed to control all those who paticipated in the deception for such a long time. I think this information would be really useful to the NSA. Perhaps you could even work out a deal with them.

Offline FoosM

• View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #433 on: 19/02/2010 09:54:16 »
Foos, Perhaps you missed my last post. If you did, I'd be really interested in hearing your theory on how the US managed to control all those who paticipated in the deception for such a long time. I think this information would be really useful to the NSA. Perhaps you could even work out a deal with them.

Perhaps you missed my earlier post on the matter.
Secondly, how many people you think were in on it?

And also, you got this stupid reasoning that because some programs have been revealed
you think everything in the government gets revealed.

You also assume that everything that gets revealed is due to leaks.
Its not. 
Some of it is whistle blowing, some of it is research- meaning the information was there but nobody put the pieces together, some intentional- meaning the statue of limitations has ended.  Thats why you alot of secret documents are now available to the public.  Including some NASA documents.

Offline FoosM

• View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #434 on: 19/02/2010 10:00:48 »
I wonder how it feels to think that we didn't go to the moon. 
------
I wonder how it feels to continue to believe in something that clearly is based on fraud.

I suppose, it doesn't matter one way or the other in my life.  Whether I believe one way or the other doesn't change my income, doesn't change my love life, doesn't change my belief in an afterlife, doesn't change my looks, doesn't change my taxes, etc.  This is just one of those astronomy things, like the Big Bang or the Nebular Hypothesis, where we can simply sit around and give our own opinions.
Of course it affects your Taxes, you are paying for the program-ming.
Of course it affects your life, NASA was behind the whole global warming scam.
That meant radical changes in your lifestyle, including more taxes!

Offline Madidus_Scientia

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #435 on: 19/02/2010 10:08:27 »
lol

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #436 on: 19/02/2010 10:23:46 »
This has become nonsense and flaming.  No side will shift on the discussion, so what's the point?

I'm locking the thread.  Polite personal messages with good reasons to keep the discussion going may convince me to unlock it.

The Naked Scientists Forum

Did we land on the moon?
« Reply #436 on: 19/02/2010 10:23:46 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length