The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Love  (Read 269090 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Re: Love
« Reply #25 on: 24/06/2006 08:00:53 »
This is a wonderful thread. Do go on! I want in too!
« Last Edit: 19/11/2006 18:45:52 by Karen W. »

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
« Reply #26 on: 24/06/2006 12:44:04 »
I can concur with that statement as well from Karen!

"Lo" Loretta

Offline tootsie78

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24/06/2006 16:42:06 »
Wow Andrew!  You have truly shown us what love is!  You sound like you've got a marriage that everyone would envy!  Keep it up!

Joy

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24/06/2006 19:10:16 »
Hey you girls...I'm romantic and have fluffy interactions with my bi...err..wifey too !!

Yesterday...Julia was having a nice soothing relaxing soak in the bath...she had soothing music and essential oils that really made the bathroom all nice and atmospheric...this , with small floating candles really helped to send her into a calming place of tranquility and harmony....

...so...because we know each other so well...I (hee hee) filled a bucket with ice cold water and crushed ice and mud and dirt and worms and piranhas..... I approached her with a romatic look in my eye and offered to massage her back for her....

...Oh how I laughed my head off when she quite literally jumped out of the bath....of course..I had oiled the floor too and it was hilarious to see her feet do twenty to the dozen as she tried to stand up.....then to steady herself she tried to reach for a shelf...but I had secretly loosened the screws and we all fell about in hysterics as the shelves fell on her and that the second bucket (that I had placed up there) filled with cockroaches and an octopus fell straight onto her head.....

..It makes for a wonderful video I can tell you for which i have ciculated amongst her bestest friends and their husbands etc...

....anyway....from her hospital bed I can tell she can see the funny side of it....now that is Love ! :D

Men are the same as women, just inside out !

Offline tootsie78

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24/06/2006 20:59:07 »
HEE HEE HEE HEE!  Sorry, don't much believe that story Neil!  ;)

Joy

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 24/06/2006 21:30:01 »
quote:
Originally posted by tootsie78

HEE HEE HEE HEE!  Sorry, don't much believe that story Neil!  ;)

Joy

It's TRUE !!!:D:D;);)

Note from Neil's wife.

Dear Joy,

(OUCH !!....oh my poor broken body)

It's Julia here..Neil's wife ...OUCH...!!!..Neil is such a lovely romantic that I am so lucky....OUCH !!..to have him !! I am blessed.
Wish I could say more (OUCH !!..oohhhh..the pain!!)...but I am restricted to only 15 minutes of movement a day because of the traction I'm in !!...OOOOOUUCCHH !!

So, there you have it Joy...straight from the horses mouth !!:D:D:D

Offline ukmicky

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.space-talk.com/
« Reply #31 on: 24/06/2006 23:13:59 »
I believe you Neil.

Michael

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 24/06/2006 23:45:18 »
THANK YOU MICHAEL,

Here also,is a man who knows how to woo and charm a woman....I myself have learnt from him...

Thank You again Michael.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 25/06/2006 00:26:52 »
Neil, You crack me up!  I guess thats why I luv you so much! You should write That for a Jack Black screenplay role! Sounds like its right out of a bad comedy! Although it sounds like the rolling around part on the floor was your intention all along Sir! Mission accomplished! HEHEHE!

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 25/06/2006 04:24:39 »
Neil, you are wild!  Love your wild side though..hehe I agree with Karen, you should write this for a Jack Black screenplay role..hehe...If you had really did that...we would've known Julia would have royally crowned you and I don't mean king'ing you either!

"Lo" Loretta

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 25/06/2006 04:58:02 »
*blushing*

Thanks Karen, Thanks Lo,

Just pleased to make you smile........

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 25/06/2006 06:13:22 »
Ok, Here is Romantic! We were married on July 18th 1981 and for my Birthday on Aug. 30th,My husband Rob takes me to San Francisco for my 1rst visit as an adult. I am from a small town, so the city was very exciting and a bit scarey, I wanted to see everything from the Golden gate Bridge, Wax Museum to Gheradehli Square,(pardon my spelling)So we walk around and he says, you have to ride a cable car, so it stops and we jump on. We are going up and down these hills and past all these vender all along the road. We are on this real steep hhill and I am holding on to pole standing as ther was no sitting down. Right in the middle of the cable car zooming down the hill My husband Jumps off the cable car and starts running back up the hill, leaving me speechless and confused and crusing alone among about 50 strangers.  I start to panic. Where is he going? Then I see him disappear behind a vendor up the road, the next thing I know he is running full out down the hill trying to catch the cable car. When he finally caught up he handed me a single red rose with babies breath and a red satin ribbon. Then he kissed me and told me he loved me! My heart almost stopped. I knew he was mine and I would always be his. To this day, he always gives me a single red rose every christmas eve with a special christmas ornament attached to the Ribbon. We have been Married 25 years on the 18th of next month and We have had small, and big problems and have weathered the storms, but marraige and love is not always easy,and its not always the right kind of love. there are many types of love felt in many marraiges, That doesn't mean loving someone garantees True love. We have a different kind of Love. I have always loved him and I know he loves me, even though that was the most romantic thing he has ever done, sometimes his lack of romance is strangely romantic. So basicly he is romantic once a year! I am the romantic at heart all year round.
« Last Edit: 20/08/2006 05:37:09 by Karen W. »

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 25/06/2006 10:08:28 »
Awww, Karen, he is a keeper...how sweet!  I hope I will have the rest of my life with Denny and have similar stories as you guys have shared here...He always writes poetry to me...and has been a bit slow doing it lately as he has worked quite a bit...you might say I am a bit spoiled...but nevertheless I enjoy reading them over and over.

"Lo" Loretta

Offline tootsie78

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 26/06/2006 03:54:08 »
Dear Diary,

I wonder how long Lo & Denny have been together???  Jason & I have been together 11 1/2 years.  I must say, I am spoiled, spoiled, spoiled.  He treats me toooooo good!  He loves me unconditionally...what a sweetie!  He's not "Mr. Romantic", but that's not what matters...unconditional love is what matters!  Loving me for who I am, not what he "wants" me to be is what's important to me!!!  Oh!  Love is soooooo great!!!

Joy

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 27/06/2006 07:12:08 »
Joy that is so sweet and it is true to a point. I love the way you feel. Is love unconditional or forgiving? I am not sure. If my husband become a mass murder, I don't think my love would be unconditional. There are just some things I could never be ok with, although I love him, the way he is, things have happened that changed the the way I love him. That doesn't mean I accept everything he could ever do or be. I really don't know how I feel about that word. There would always be love that had been there to start, but as to weather It would always stay the same, I don't think so. Our love has grown in many different directions, as well as become different then when we were actually falling in love. Love takes on many different faces in the course of twenty five years and I suspect that it will change many more times! With each face of love marraige changes not always for the better! It can remain a marraige, and yet lack the right kind of feelings to maintain happiness! Thus becoming bumpy, and hard to manage to say the least. I wonder if other married couples out their find that they feel that same animal magnetism that they first felt with their spouses as they were falling in love. It is so different then a love evolved from that crazy lusty hot love you feel when younger, although sexually that may still be there for some. It is the other aspects that evolve and change over the years That might make love stronger or more or less secure and stable, or maybe even fail! Love should be glorious and there are many different kinds of love!It is different for all.

Congratulations on your 11 and 1/2 years. You are doing well.
« Last Edit: 20/08/2006 05:52:03 by Karen W. »

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 27/06/2006 07:51:50 »
Originally posted by tootsie78

Dear Diary,

I wonder how long Lo & Denny have been together???  Jason & I have been together 11 1/2 years.  I must say, I am spoiled, spoiled, spoiled.  He treats me toooooo good!  He loves me unconditionally...what a sweetie!  He's not "Mr. Romantic", but that's not what matters...unconditional love is what matters!  Loving me for who I am, not what he "wants" me to be is what's important to me!!!  Oh!  Love is soooooo great!!!

Joy

Joy, I am glad you have a husband who spoils you! I have known Denny for 21/2yrs...I disliked him for about 4 months with his constant pestering me and his persistence...and liked him about 2yrs and 2months and loved him for about 2yrs...we have not "been together", but are together..lol  He spoils me too...but we come to battle at times with our strong wills...sometimes he lets me win and sometimes I let him win(or let him think he has won...hehe):D  He states he is nervous proposing to me this time as I have always turned him down from the poetry proposal to face to face proposals many times...I have had cold feet from the thought of marriage as I was married before....He states he is nervous to ask me again as I have not accepted so many times...[:0]I have not dealt with committment well after divorce and even my sons are not believing it...they love Denny and call him their dad...and his son Jason thinks of me as his "mum"  but still it gives me a bit of nausea as I think this is it!  We have agreed there is no word "D------" to be spoken once we get married...so independence is a bit lessened with a helpmate...I have mentally thought this through and of course prayed and he as well...so it will be up to him to get his courage back with God's strength to ask once again...he doesn't know I am going to say yes, yet...

"Lo" Loretta

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 27/06/2006 15:29:52 »
Ahh LO...that's sooooooooooo great that you're going to say YES...and that we are all invited too !!

You will let us know when the proposal and acceptance is done won't you ?

YAYYYYYYYY !!!

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 28/06/2006 02:29:16 »
Yes, Neil...I have given up...the white flag is waving...I love that man!  LOL  I had to stir him up a bit today and ask if he really loved me...he about fell out...lol  He said, what?  I can't believe you said that!  hehe...okay, of course I was trying to get a rise out him!  I enjoy his reactions...it is too much fun to watch face to face or hear his response on the phone...hehe  Yes, you all are invited..but you must let me know as this is an RSVP!  I will have anyone who comes from the forum as special guests of mine behind family row...lol  I will let you know the exact date too..tell me where to post it!  hehe  I do know 2 members are coming!

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 28/06/2006 04:32:08 »
I am so happy for you and wish you the best Loretta. He will be a lucky man!
  (LOVE...IS A MANY SPLENDID THING.......WHEN TWO LOVERS MEET IN A CROWDED STREET AND THEIR HEARTS STAND STILL.......) OH I LOVE THIS FORUM.

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 28/06/2006 05:09:39 »
Thanks Karen you and Neilsy are the best!  LOL  Yes, he is a lucky man...hehe...oh boy, bless his heart...he has a lot of patience with me!  Trust me, when we travel abroad, he and I will have global cells...so that way, when I go "shopping" okay, an adventure..hehe we will be able to reach each other instead of renting cells..hehe I will try to behave...must I? I love this forum too and learning alot about you married people...so much to learn as I had married at a younger age...

"Lo" Loretta

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 28/06/2006 13:53:30 »
Hee Hee !!...you're going to need engagement ring, wedding rings, bridesmaid rings...rings rings rings rings rings!!!....hmmmmm !!..if only you knew of a good jeweller !! ;):D:D;)

Offline tootsie78

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 28/06/2006 21:20:07 »
HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LORETTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I married young!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Joy*

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 29/06/2006 03:53:02 »
Better get busy you  have your work cut out for you!
Joy How young were you girl? I married my husband when I was 21 years old. He was my first kiss first hug first sweetheart if you know what I mean! I have never been involved with any other man. He swept me off my feet. He was so cute. He come to take me out for our first date alone and we were to go bowling. I changed out of my work clothes to go. When he arrived, he was on his motorcycle with a extra helmet! He took one look at me and said, I will be right back. He went and borrowed his dads truck. We had a great time except that I was so excited, I bowled a 299, the first game. He bowled a 69! I was embarrassed and felt like he was embarrassed. I remember I wanted to touch his arm but was so nervous I could not, so I slugged him instead! Then he smiled and said lets go again. The next game I bowled all gutters, he still bowled around the same score, so we went for 3 out of three.  I won with a 164. I was taught to bowl by a professional bowler, but I cannot say what happened the 2nd game as I have never bowled all gutters before! HEHEHE! !rst game was a fluke, I haven't bowled that high since. I am about 164 average when I have been practicing. My shoulder disables me from bowling much these days although I do love to do it!  

Ok Joy How old were you?
« Last Edit: 19/11/2006 18:55:18 by Karen W. »

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 29/06/2006 04:08:20 »
Karen.......WOW !!...you are amazing at recalling and then telling with eloquence your wonderful memories. You are very articulate.....and hubby is a super bloke....and ...he's lucky too.

Thanks for a great luvvy duvvy post....

Offline tootsie78

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 29/06/2006 05:03:07 »
Sorry, I have NOOO idea why that posted 3 times!  SORRY EVERYBODY!

*Joy*

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #49 on: 29/06/2006 05:03:07 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums