The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Love  (Read 269066 times)

another_someone

Re: Love
« Reply #350 on: 03/08/2006 23:27:39 »
In terms of weather, my favourite winter was in Munich, where temperatures were low enough to dry out the air you never got wet, and if you dressed appropriately for the weather, you did not get cold.

In the south of England, the day after you get snow, as likely as not you will get slush.

There were a few good years of cold winters, like '82, or going back to my childhood, '63; but not many.

I don't like shopping, and I don't like present buying.  The trouble is that for most people, unless you are particularly fortunate and spot something particularly unusual that you think will be just right for someone, but they would not have thought of it for themselves; you are buying for them something which if they would have wanted they would have bought for themselves.  Usually, when I give a present, I am absolutely terrified that I have misjudged what I have bought, and they really do not like or want it.  I know that I am equally impossible to buy presents for, and generally ask people not to buy me presents.

In general, I'd much rather buy presents opportunistically, rather than occasionally in other words, I'd rather if I happen to see something by chance that I think would make a good present for someone, to buy it even if there is no occasion to buy it; rather than worry throughout the Christmas period (or around their birthday) that I cannot find anything appropriate for the occasion and the recipient.

George

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 04/08/2006 02:46:05 »
Thats a good policy and one I use all year round. I love to buy presents for people and I probably have bought the wrong things on occasion, but for the most part, I have usually done ok!But it is so fun to think about something cool that the person would like, cosidering their interests ect. I like to really think about it real good before I go hunting for the perfect gift!

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
« Reply #352 on: 04/08/2006 03:34:10 »
I love the Christmas season...but hate the shopping and don't step foot in any door after Thanksgiving...gosh, I just forgot what it will be like without Denny here for Christmas?...I am in a bit of a shock after reading this thinking of the things we have done in the past...wow...

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 04/08/2006 06:47:53 »
Sorry Lo, Didn't mean to cause you any pain! Be well ok?

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 04/08/2006 07:39:46 »
You didn't and it is better sooner than later... :-)  I know I am as slow as Christmas getting over someone but eventually I will.

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 04/08/2006 08:59:22 »
Oh Loretta , I love you! Big Big HUGS HONEY!

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 04/08/2006 15:06:13 »
You are too sweet Queenie Mod!  LOL  Love ya too and bigg hugzzzz to you too!!

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Mjhavok

• View Profile
    • http://cantmakeadifference.blogspot.com
« Reply #357 on: 05/08/2006 03:55:57 »
I have never been in romantic love, I've had a few crushes and girlfriends but none I could truly say I loved.

Everyone say awwww.

Once I experience it I will judge if I want to work out why it happens lol.

STeven

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 05/08/2006 05:40:39 »
Awww, little Steven...how wonderful for you!!!  Good for you!!!  :-)

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 05/08/2006 06:31:29 »
Well, I hope you find your true love steven. That was my brothers name! Nice!

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 05/08/2006 07:00:16 »
Awww, love...is it worth the heartbreak or is it heartache?  LOL

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 05/08/2006 07:18:19 »
Loretta, I don't know what to think anymore! You trust someone with everything you have you give them everything you are and they just use you and hurt you! Why do people do that, Am I just naive, isn't anything precious anymore? Doesn't loving someone with everything you have count for anything? I'm sorry, I guess I am having a real bad night here!

Did you get my email, The cute little hippo! I sent one to everyone! Was so touching!

Karen

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 05/08/2006 08:16:04 »
WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU lORETTA?

Karen

Offline Mjhavok

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 05/08/2006 08:28:27 »
gotta love a cynic Karen :-D. Your brother has a great name :-D.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 05/08/2006 08:36:00 »
NOT MUCH OF A CINIC. I AM ONE OF THE MOST ROMANTIC TRUE LOVE BELIEVING GALS YOU WILL EVER MEET! JUST FEELING A BIT SHAKEN TONIGHT, PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THREAD! I LOVE,LOVE, MAY NOT UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE PROCESS, BUT I KNOW ITS THERE AND IT EXISTS! YES I LOVED MY BROTHERS NAME. I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM FOR 12 YEARS, I MISS HIM VERY MUCH!

Karen

Offline Mjhavok

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 05/08/2006 08:41:39 »
I have to go to work in about 1 hr 30 mins and now I am even sadder.

Offline Grecian

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 05/08/2006 09:37:03 »

Morning everyone.

Welcome Steven.

Thanks for the hippo e-mail Karen- how cute was that.

Did you get my e-mail.

Love you lots.

Helena  xxx

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 05/08/2006 09:55:39 »
Yep! Message recieved and replied Helena.

Steven, why are you sadder now then before?

Karen
« Last Edit: 05/08/2006 09:56:23 by Karen W. »

another_someone

« Reply #368 on: 05/08/2006 14:48:56 »
quote:
Originally posted by Grecian
Morning everyone.

Welcome Steven.

Thanks for the hippo e-mail Karen- how cute was that.

Did you get my e-mail.

Love you lots.

Helena  xxx

Yes, cute pics but may I suggest that as a point of etiquette, when you forward other people's posts, you remove all of the headers.

Everyone receiving these posts is receiving with them a ready made mailing list that would be a gold mine for any spammer.  This is not just you I know it has happened to lots of other people before, where they forward a mail, leaving the original headers; the person they forward it to also forwards it with even more headers attached, and very soon the copy of this email is wondering around the Internet with hundreds of email addresses attached, all waiting to be added to someone's database of email addresses.  The people whose email addresses you are forwarding in that way may not thank you for that.

George

Offline Mjhavok

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 05/08/2006 15:52:43 »
Karen - because you said you haven't seen your brother in 12 years.

another_someone

« Reply #370 on: 05/08/2006 16:45:45 »
quote:
Originally posted by Mjhavok
Karen - because you said you haven't seen your brother in 12 years.

Yes, I concur - I always think it sad when families fragment like that.

George

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 05/08/2006 18:30:16 »
Hey Steven,

Please don't be sadder! I have excellent memories of my brother. He may not be around, but he will always live inside of me. That is what is so extrordinary about LOVE!ALL KINDS OF LOVE! He has been been in not so good shape. He has a care provider, but does not keep in touch or allow us knowledge of his whereabouts, He does not have his presence of mind. As a young adult he and his cosin were experimenting with PCP, he got ahold of some bad stuff, It took him away and although he does not use it now, or the last time I seen him, he is pretty much gone, a shell of the wonderful man he was! He loved playing the Guitar and singing, he had 2 Beautiful daughters  one died of sudden infant death syndrome and thats what put him over the edge and he turned to a drug to forget her! Now he has forgotten all of us, but his pain is gone! He is very gentle, and is so sweet. When I found him last timehe was walking on the streetI stopped him to see if I was right. He remembered me anh hugged me, but asked how that very nice lady was that he used to live with, (my mom) I had to tell him she had died and we could not find him as she wished to tell him that she would always love her baby boy! He got sad for a moment and then smiled and said, she was very nice, a good women, she was my friend, you know that Karen she was a good friend! I went with him home that day as he wanted to play me some music, he introduced me to his caregiver who had no clue he had family locally! He told me that timmy J. was on medication for for a physcological disorder! I said good bye many hours later and when I went back to visit him the man had taken him and moved away. The phone number was no longer in service and he never called us to let us know where they went! I guess this year is 12 years ago. I have gret memories of him and will always love him. He was a fragile sensitive soul and could not handle what life had given him and he was lost in another world! A world that we will never really understand!!

George, when I forward, I thought about that, how do I remove the old names?

Karen
« Last Edit: 05/08/2006 19:24:28 by Karen W. »

Offline Grecian

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 05/08/2006 18:49:28 »

Karen - I'm so sorry, it's so sad when families are faced with such tragedies.

Love you lots

Helena   xxx

Offline Grecian

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 05/08/2006 19:22:04 »
Originally posted by Karen W.[/i]
 I don't know what to think anymore! You trust someone with everything you have you give them everything you are and they just use you and hurt you! Why do people do that, Am I just naive, isn't anything precious anymore? Doesn't loving someone with everything you have count for anything? I'm sorry, I guess I am having a real bad night here!

Karen.
---------------------------------------------------------

Chocolate, where's that chocolate, people, I don't care which type  milk, plain (dark) filled or unfilled, pralines, anything, but not white.
Yes I'm upset, and when this this Greek temperament is fired up then I want chocolate and lots of it.

Love you lots

Helena   xxxx

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 05/08/2006 19:32:13 »
Me too Helena, Had a rough day with Hubby Yesterday, and then that terrible post!!And I did eat Chocolate and cashews and Drank applejuice!! That part was not so bad! I really wanted to move out! Geesh sometimes I cannot believe my Husband! Trying real hard to remember how much I loved him and why! Patience is a virtue right? I'm running out of patience, this train is definitely on the wrong track!!

Karen

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #374 on: 05/08/2006 19:32:13 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums