The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: a circuit that produces overunity results.  (Read 99047 times)

Offline witsend

• View Profile
    • Magnetic field model that enables overunity of electric systems
a circuit that produces overunity results.
« Reply #150 on: 07/06/2009 17:29:21 »
Sorry Jerry, I missed your post.  Well - from what you and Vern say, 2c may be acceptable. Why then is it not reasonable to propose that a magnetic field comprises these zipons?  The only thing that mitigates against is that they're not visible.  But actually, I think Sophicentaur may have inadvertently helped.  You see - my model says that energy levels comprise these zipons.  And energy levels are distinctly evident.

Then - back to the casimir effect.  If these little numbers in fact 'bind' amalgams - they would not be evident as their charge is neutral - their fields are neutral - and they would respond to other similar fields as any one magnet would respond to another. And the casimir effect has definitely been proven but on a really small scale.

Come on Vern.  You've got an encylcopaedical knowledge of these things.  Help me here.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 07/06/2009 17:39:29 »
Sorry I should have referenced the fact that I'm proposing that these fields are extraneous to the atom.  They are NOT the atom's energy levels.  They're introduced when amalgams form - however and wherever.

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #152 on: 07/06/2009 17:56:32 »
Quote from: witsend
Not sure why the emphasis or the relevance?  Is'nt widely understood that an electron moves at light speed in its orbit around the nucleus?  And, equally, there are many many proposals that the electron is a composite.  Some say doublet - others triplet.  But it's not a unique concept surely?
The emphasis is a link. I haven't seen the triplet proposal. It is widely understood that an electron does not move at light speed. And the orbit hypothesis of the electron going around a nucleus is going out of favour. Now we think of an electron probability cloud in which an electron may be found. I suspect though that the position is more determinate.

Edit: Maybe it would be more clear if I said that contrary to popular belief, I suspect that the electron's position is more determinate.
« Last Edit: 07/06/2009 18:07:16 by Vern »

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 07/06/2009 18:02:18 »
 A positron?  How on earth is a positron stable?  Is it proposed to explain the fact that it would then not 'nose-dive' to the proton?  Golly Vern.  The cloud image I know.  As I understand it - it's the eternal expression between particle and wave.  Both evident but never together.

But my question?  Please answer it.  I'm on bended knees here at the back end of Africa.

By the way - I'm not married to an electron's light speed.  I don't need it.  But am entirely baffled at the thought of the positron in those energy levels.
« Last Edit: 07/06/2009 18:04:26 by witsend »

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #154 on: 07/06/2009 18:05:55 »
The word was position. I'll add the answer to your question after a little research.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 07/06/2009 18:06:59 »
Sorry  [:X]

Edit (I'm slowly learning this protocol)  Regarding your proposal that the electron's POSITION is more determinate - I'd love to know what you mean.  But - on second thought - let it wait until you've worked out the possibility of my little zipons causing that casimir effect.
« Last Edit: 07/06/2009 18:17:34 by witsend »

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #156 on: 07/06/2009 18:20:43 »
Then - back to the casimir effect.  If these little numbers in fact 'bind' amalgams - they would not be evident as their charge is neutral - their fields are neutral - and they would respond to other similar fields as any one magnet would respond to another. And the casimir effect has definitely been proven but on a really small scale.

Well; in a zippon universe that might work. :)

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 07/06/2009 18:31:20 »
Well.  Let's suppose we've got such.  I'm feeling ridiculously happy.  It's intoxicating to think that maybe, just maybe - we've got that 10 dimensional binary system.

Vern.  You're a star.

Edit ... :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 07/06/2009 18:35:25 by witsend »

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #158 on: 07/06/2009 18:59:49 »
Why is it that you need 10 dimensions? Why not just use the three spacial and one time dimension?

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 07/06/2009 19:03:46 »
Vern - I have to go out.  I can't answer this as much as I'd like to.  I'll get back to you on this.  It's huge.  Can you plough through my model?  Or is it too obtuse?

But I'll get back to you.  Our time's are plus/minus 7 hours I think.  Whatever.  I'll get back to you, but probably will only manage it tomorrow evening.  I am so so grateful for your help. 

By the way the link was re-instated after I re-instated.  Not too far down this post.  I haven't got time to look it up and post it here.
« Last Edit: 07/06/2009 19:06:16 by witsend »

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 08/06/2009 04:17:08 »
Vern, you know what - I think this thread has become way too big and it's getting off topic.  And no-one's really interested in that circuit.  That's why I introduced it.  I'd quite like to start another to deal with the concepts in the model. 

For anyone who still reads this thread - here's the thing.  Read the paper.  It's the pdf file at the top of that blog.  It really does work.  The history - as a reminder - is that the IET wont forward this paper for review.  Probably because it's way too amateurish.  Whatever.  I sort of hoped that reviewers would help me get it into shape to get it published.  Anyway.  Try it out.  It costs nothing.  It needs to be disproved and I can't get it to an academic forum.  Well I can - but not through the respectable medium of journal publication.  And until then the academics wont be associated.

It's based on an idea that current flow is really just magnetic fields that use circuit components to adjust their spin or charge.  If you can get it onto applications - feel free.  No need to apply for patent rights. And with energy being so big - it should at least merit a trial test.

Just know - for those electrical engineers - the waveform is NOT periodic.  But if you prefer to measure with periodic waveforms - the same benefit using inductors in series with loads.  over unity ranges between 80 to 600% measured - but nowhere near as extraordinary as using a really inductive resistor by itself.  That benefit we've measured at 16 COP.  Then also you don't need that 555 switch.  You can use a functions generator. 

sorry - I forgot to post the link
http://rosemaryainslie.blogspot.com/

edit - Just as a reminder - if you haven't waded through this thread - sweep the frequency range until it starts oscillating.  That's usually its optimum frequency.  You'll need a fairly stable switch to manage those duty cycles.  And the best way to check the benefit quickly is to use a dual function oscilloscope. I used a 123 Fluke scopemeter.  It handles high frequency measurement.  But the real advantage is that it displays DC and AC rms voltage.  Measure across the load and display both functions.  When DC is lower than ACrms you'll be at roughly the right point.  The thinking is that DC is a fair measure of the energy delivered by the battery - because it's not discharging during the 'off' period of the duty cycle.  So that below zero spike goes back to the battery.  The energy dissipated = the product of both cycles - above and below zero, less small losses associated with phase shift and heat losses at sundry circuit components.  Then fine tune those measurements.  We used carbon shunts and checked wattage dissipated against temperature rise - platinum based temperature probes linked to digital displays.

edit - sorry yet again.  If you can find an application - there are no patent restrictions.  Just go for it.

edit - promise it'll be the last.  Any academics reading this - it needs publication.  Get your students to test and publish.  Feel free.
« Last Edit: 08/06/2009 06:30:43 by witsend »

lyner

« Reply #161 on: 08/06/2009 10:57:21 »
So it oscillates and you use a chopper but it's not periodic?
What does that mean?

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 08/06/2009 11:49:41 »
Hi Socphiecentaur.  By not being periodic I mean that the one waveform is not the same as the next.  You need to average your results.  Purists don't like to do this.  So - to make it periodic - use a transformer in series.  Less efficient but a steady repeatable waveform.

cant resist asking. Are you going to test this?
« Last Edit: 08/06/2009 12:30:46 by witsend »

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #163 on: 08/06/2009 12:56:00 »
Vern, you know what - I think this thread has become way too big and it's getting off topic.  And no-one's really interested in that circuit.  That's why I introduced it.  I'd quite like to start another to deal with the concepts in the model.

It might be interesting to know what is the link between the theory about Zipons and the circuit.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 08/06/2009 14:52:14 »
Hi Socphiecentaur.  By not being periodic I mean that the one waveform is not the same as the next.  You need to average your results.  Purists don't like to do this.  So - to make it periodic - use a transformer in series.  Less efficient but a steady repeatable waveform.

cant resist asking. Are you going to test this?

Where is this circuit described? I don't see how to find it.
The other question I have is that you say you must average the results.
That may be a problem because in electrical theory you have to take the root mean square of all the different components and not the average.
  For example if one component has an average value of 100 and the other 1, the sum of the average components would be 101.
   However the true answer to the energy would be
  (100^2 + 1^2)^0.5 = 1.00005
 For this simple example not using the root mean square would imply a large effect for the 1 component while using the root mean square basically eliminates the 1 component.
   I do not know if this is a problem with your circuit because I have not seen the circuit.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 08/06/2009 14:57:03 »
Sophiecentaur.  The circuit is described in the paper, the pdf file that you access at the top of my blog.  I thought you'd read this.  The experiment is DETAILED in full.

Oh God.  I don't want to do this.  Just please, at least, read that paper. I think you'll see I've got a fair grasp of classical measurement requirements.

lyner

« Reply #166 on: 08/06/2009 14:59:23 »
In series with what? A transformer is a four terminal device.
What determines the frequency of this, non-periodic oscillation? Is it the switch circuit?
The fluke 123 may give you RMS current but it assumes constant voltage.
The only way to be anything like sure of the actual energy delivered by the battery is to look at total discharge time and, to be sure that nothing special is happening in the battery, you would need to do it over many charge / discharge cycles. The battery could well be acting as a primary cell, in part. The energy coming from other than the recharging process.
What is "a really inductive resistor". What was its inductance? 10 or a few nH? It will have had an actual value - measurable or even calculable, roughly.

I wonder why you used carbon resistors. They are not stable or close tolerance - unlike metal film resistors. We never used carbon resistors after about 1970, in the Research Lab where I worked.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 08/06/2009 15:06:20 »
Sophiecentaur.  The circuit is described in the paper, the pdf file that you access at the top of my blog.  I thought you'd read this.  The experiment is DETAILED in full.

Oh God.  I don't want to do this.  Just please, at least, read that paper. I think you'll see I've got a fair grasp of classical measurement requirements.

I am missing something. I do not see any PDF file listed on the starting paragraph.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 08/06/2009 15:10:16 »
You press the 'here' button.  It opens up the paper.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 08/06/2009 15:20:44 »
You press the 'here' button.  It opens up the paper.

Well thank you, you gave me my morning laugh. It is hysterical!!!!

My KIA air conditioning was fixed last week by the dealer for free. They give 60,000 mile warranty. I only have 44,000 miles. My daughter was driving it and said the lights are no longer on when you drive. They work if you turn the switch. But normally they go on in the daytime.
  I called the dealer and he told me that there was an on/off switch that could change them. He said it was in the manual. I thought a connect was pulled loose but he insisted the AC was on a different side.
  I studied the manual and looked all over for the switch. I did notice that the fog lights no longer are on. So now I have an appointment with him at 2 pm.
  So I do not have a manual for this website. Please explain how to find the "here button". I am not that computer literate.
  Perhaps my dealer can help me.
  Anyway I cannot stop laughing.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 08/06/2009 15:35:44 »
Open the blog.  You'll see the following - in yellow- 'Counter electromotive force enables...'

Directly under that 'in white' it says "PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PDF FILE FROM 'HERE'  The here button is in lilac.  Put your cursor on that button and left click.

Glad to have amused you. 

« Last Edit: 08/06/2009 15:56:36 by witsend »

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #171 on: 08/06/2009 15:43:03 »
Open the blog.  You'll see the following - in yellow- 'Counter electromotive force enables...'

Directly under that 'in white' it says "PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PDF FILE FROM 'HERE'  The here button is in lilac.  Put your cursor on that button and left click.

Glad to have amused you especially if it gets you out of attack mode. 

jerrygg38: I modified the witsend quote and inserted a link the Blog.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 08/06/2009 15:51:59 »
Thanks Vern. I would not have known how to do it. 

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 08/06/2009 15:54:20 »
Jerrygg38 - let me add to the general merriment.  I thought that I was talking to Sophiecentaur.  But I've got a shrewd idea he has also not read the paper.  I'd love to hear your opinion on it.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 08/06/2009 16:24:01 »
Sophiecentaur - I assume you've read the paper.  Can you please confirm this?

You can use single wound, double wound, any.  We used hefy single wound transformers but it's not necessary. The idea is to put the transformer in series with the load and before the switch.  The diode is then in parallel to both the inductor and the load resistor.

Yes, the switch determines the rate of oscillation.

I cannot understand what you mean by the Fluke 'assuming a constant voltage'.

We've done those tedious tests related to battery draw downs.  I've actually explained it to you in this thread.  Have you forgotten or did you read it?

The level of inductance of the resistor is explained in the paper.

Please read the paper and you'll see that the carbon resistors are used to determine the battery 'draw down' rate.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #174 on: 08/06/2009 16:24:01 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums