The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: a circuit that produces overunity results.  (Read 99049 times)

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
a circuit that produces overunity results.
« Reply #175 on: 08/06/2009 16:41:24 »
Open the blog.  You'll see the following - in yellow- 'Counter electromotive force enables...'

Directly under that 'in white' it says "PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PDF FILE FROM 'HERE'  The here button is in lilac.  Put your cursor on that button and left click.

Glad to have amused you especially if it gets you out of attack mode. 

jerrygg38: I modified the witsend quote and inserted a link the Blog.

I found the blog. I quickly went through it and it says the circuit is in the appendix.

How do you find the appendix link?????? I could not find it.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 08/06/2009 16:45:18 »

jerrygg38: I modified the witsend quote and inserted a link the Blog.
[/quote]

I found the blog. I quickly went through it and it says the circuit is in the appendix.

How do you find the appendix link?????? I could not find it.
[/quote]

PS: I do not know if this is applicable but in the past and probably today, you can get free power from the power company with a diode. The watthower meter does not respond to DC currents.
  So if the measuring device requires an AC signal in voltage and current, it will not read DC components.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
    • Magnetic field model that enables overunity of electric systems
« Reply #177 on: 08/06/2009 16:48:31 »
Jerrygg38 - I'm emailing you a copy of that paper.  Watch out for it.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 08/06/2009 17:11:28 »
Jerrygg38 - I'm emailing you a copy of that paper.  Watch out for it.

I will look for it. Hopefully it will come before I go to the dealer in one hour. Then I can start to study it while I wait for the car.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 08/06/2009 17:14:53 »
Hi Jerry, you should have got it.  I sent it some time back.

Edit - just realised I sent it to the wrong address.  Sorry Jerry and apologies Sophiecentaur.
« Last Edit: 08/06/2009 17:18:17 by witsend »

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 08/06/2009 17:20:15 »

Edit - just realised I sent it to the wrong address.  Sorry Jerry and apologies Sophiecentaur.

I just rechecked my email address and it is correct. I will look again.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 08/06/2009 17:38:41 »

I just rechecked my email address and it is correct. I will look again.

I got it and printed it out. Now I will study it at the car dealer.

The circuit is basically familiar to me with variations. I used to enjoy making all sorts of switching circuits at work and at home. I haven't built one in 20 years but it brings back memories.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 08/06/2009 17:53:03 »
There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance, That principle is Contempt Prior To Investigation." Herbert Spencer.

I took the liberty of copying this from Adrew Fletcher's thread on MS.  It's for your benefit Sophiecentaur.

Offline Madidus_Scientia

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 08/06/2009 18:02:13 »
ignorance would be contempt after investigation, if there was anything to the theory that is
« Last Edit: 08/06/2009 18:09:50 by Madidus_Scientia »

Offline rosy

• Neilep Level Member
  • Chemistry
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 08/06/2009 18:16:40 »
To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough to be persecuted: you must also be right.

-- Robert L. Parks

lyner

« Reply #185 on: 08/06/2009 19:02:44 »
AKF is another contributor who has found what may be an interesting phenomenon and has tried to explain it with a brand new but incomplete scientific hypothesis. Interesting that witsend has picked up on his posts.
I think the Galileo quote really fits here. Nice one Rosy.

witsend - did you have some values for your inductances and could you explain how to fit a four terminal transformer "in series"?

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 08/06/2009 19:10:02 »
... if there was anything to the theory that is

Not sure what you mean by this?  I don't have a theory.  At best a badly articulated model.  But if I was scared of contempt I would not still be at this forum. 

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 08/06/2009 19:43:20 »
Sophiecentaur and Rosy, if you feel that it's inappropriate to discuss the circuit on this forum - then say so.  I'll be glad to stop posting. 

I believe the level of inductance on the circuit's resistor is described in the paper that I inadvertently sent you Sophiecentaur.  And regarding the transformer.  Why on earth do I need four terminals to the transformer?  We use single wound.  I've written it. But if you want to vary it - feel free.  My reference to double wound inductors is just to encourage any testers to vary the circuit if they so wish.   
« Last Edit: 08/06/2009 19:48:03 by witsend »

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #188 on: 08/06/2009 19:53:28 »
witsend: you should call a single wound device a coil or solenoid; it wouldn't be a transformer of the kind we think about in electronics.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 08/06/2009 20:04:22 »
AKF is another contributor who has found what may be an interesting phenomenon and has tried to explain it with a brand new but incomplete scientific hypothesis.

How in heaven's name would I have 'found' an interesting phenomenon?  I knew nothing about electricity.   I went to some considerable lengths to test my idea.  I've told you the history.  But I think, at long last, that I see where your objections are coming from.  You think I'm fraudulently misrepresenting this history to gain some prestige for the idea.  You've no idea what a backhanded compliment that is.  That also means that if the idea came before the experiment - then the idea may have validity.  What fun. My friends know what came first.  So do those academics I approached.  It was much more than Prof Claymans and Violie.  It was also Professor Zingu.  How nice is that. Thank you Sophiecentaur.  It's made my day.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 08/06/2009 20:06:21 »
witsend: you should call a single wound device a coil or solenoid; it wouldn't be a transformer of the kind we think about in electronics.

Thanks Vern.  But this ignorance surely speaks to my lack of knowledge.  I'm always glad to stress this.

Edit - I thought solenoids were small?  Have used only one half of double wound inductor?  When does it become a transformer - when there's more than one winding? Or just when you use more than one winding?  We also used an inductor with about 6 windings just to vary inductance.  Whatever, apologies to any readers if this was wrong - or confusing?  Whatever.  The point being - the counter electromotive force definitely increases with more inductance - if you choose to test these as well.
« Last Edit: 08/06/2009 20:35:18 by witsend »

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 08/06/2009 20:46:56 »

Vern did you get to look at the circuit?  It is just a simple R/L switching circuit, electricity 101. It is something I learned in Brooklyn Tech High School in the electrical course.

It is hard to understand why so many people signed onto it. Did you read the report?
  The authors calculated 1.22 Mega joules at the load and only 67.6 at the battery. If the device was 100 percent efficient, it should have been calculated at 61.1 kilojoules at the battery. Therefore the efficiency of this circuit is

efficiency = 91.1 percent

Therefore the Mosfet and the driver andthe series resistor is losing 8.9 percent.
  I will study the circuit more but they did not use
   Power = V^2 / R
  Instead they used voltage times average current. This is not very good for a transient circuit which produces mostly square waves. The average power dissipated in the load is one half.

Variations of this circuit goes back to Alexander Graham Bell. It was studied at the dawn of electrical theory by the greatest minds.

Vern have you done any circuit design over your career? Anyway you are excellent with knowledge of physics.

Dear Witsend: I will continue to study it. I think the pictures in the blog are fantastic. Your theory on twice light speed sounds interesting.
However this simple 200 year old electrical circuit has not changed from the time of simple switches such as telephone relays to the mosfets of 20 years ago.

It is difficult to understand how so many people could sign on to approval of such things. Sometimes I worked for circuit analysis at Sperry Gyro when I was between assignments. We had to study such circuits and insure that under temperature or over time the circuit would still work well. It was very important that the mosfets had to shut off perfectly.

On the side issue. I got to the dealer and he said the kia lights do not go on in the daytime unless you leave the light switch on. They will go off automatically. I thought they always was on. Anyway somehow I completely messed up. My daughter did too. But it is hard for me to believe.

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #192 on: 08/06/2009 20:52:37 »
Quote from: jerrygg38
Vern did you get to look at the circuit?  It is just a simple R/L switching circuit, electricity 101. It is something I learned in Brooklyn Tech High School in the electrical course.
Yes; and I studied the Zipons and Truants. I thought they were interesting. I think witsend said there was nothing special about the circuit.

Quote from: jerrygg38
Vern have you done any circuit design over your career? Anyway you are excellent with knowledge of physics.
Yes; I've designed all kinds of electronics and logic circuits; mostly test equipment; my training was in nuclear instrumentation.

« Last Edit: 08/06/2009 20:55:56 by Vern »

lyner

« Reply #193 on: 08/06/2009 20:54:09 »
You say you have explained the "draw down" but how many cycles did you explore?
I ask again - how can you connect something with Four wires in "series" with anything?
Do you realise that INDUCTANCE is a quantity - it has units of H (Henries). If you describe something as "really inductive", what inductance did it have. Your "extensive" measurements may not have been as extensive as you say.
Yes I read the circuit paper from cover to cover and noticed you did lots and lots of some measurements and not any of others (or you don't quote them). Frequencies - the ringing of the switching waveform is also relevant.
You are asking people to get involved with something that is only half fledged. When this is pointed out, you just get shirty. Can you really be so arrogant as to interpret every awkward question as "arthritis of the brain"?
I advise that you take jerrgg38's comments on board - or does he have arthritis too~~?

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #194 on: 08/06/2009 21:02:44 »
Quote from: witsend
Edit - I thought solenoids were small?  Have used only one half of double wound inductor?  When does it become a transformer - when there's more than one winding?
Yes; a transformer transforms voltage and current from one circuit to another, increasing or decreasing the voltage and current. It usually takes two circuits wound on the same core. But you can have a single winding that is tapped with a third wire.

« Last Edit: 08/06/2009 21:23:52 by Vern »

lyner

« Reply #195 on: 08/06/2009 21:10:50 »
Yes- an autotransformer.
Still three terminals, though.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 08/06/2009 21:12:13 »
Quote from: witsend
Edit - I thought solenoids were small?  Have used only one half of double wound inductor?  When does it become a transformer - when there's more than one winding?
Yes; a transformer transforms voltage and current from one circuit to another, increasing or decreasing the voltage and current. It usually takes two circuits would on the same core. But you can have a single winding that is tapped with a third wire.

I used a lot of digital to synchro converters in my Gun fire system. I would have to check and approve the vendor designs. Perkin Elmer, DDC, Analog Devices etc.
  The transformers wound on tiny donut shaped cores were extremely tiny. You need special lenses to see the windings.
  In Con Edison my transformers were huge. Some were greater than 10 feet by 10 feet by 10 feet. Then I I worked with tiny, tiny tiny.
  Years ago many circuits were built using gold wires under microscopes. I would design and test the large scale model and the circuit lab would produce the tiny model. Today they put a billion circuits on a chip. It is amazing.

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #197 on: 08/06/2009 21:28:34 »
The first disk drive I bought for AT & T cost $60K. It stood three feet high and held 300 megabytes. Now I keep backups on a thumb size 4 Gig chip. Yep; truly amazing.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 08/06/2009 21:37:57 »
Sophiecentaur - and everyone who is offended at my attitude - please let me explain.  While I would love to discuss the circuitry at the level that is probably appropriate for this experiment - I simply cannot.  I have no knowledge of electric circuitry other than the simple little experiment that I've detailed in the paper.  It is unfortunate.  It's all I needed to know.  I am entirely and utterly bored by it.  If I ask you to put an experiment together, it's not taxing your mind, your time - anything at all.  It's a really simple experiment.  Just DISPROVE IT.

I just cannot get my mind around is the surprise and anger that this test evokes.  It is entirely beyond me.  I'll go further and say this - I cannot understand how it is that really clever people cannot see that there would inevitably be a gain.

Clearly it is because you guys see current as one thing - and I another.  I've tried to explain my concepts but they are way too elusive.  Maybe if you asked specific questions I could try and answer them?  But don't test my knowledge of circuitry.  It is unfortunate but it's bereft.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 08/06/2009 21:47:32 »
And Sophiecentaur - in truth I don't think your mind is arthritic.  It was my rebuff at your dismissal of my own abilities.  I may not know electric circuitry but it does not mean that I know nothing about physics.  Just read you posts.  They are brutal and undeservedly so.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #199 on: 08/06/2009 21:47:32 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums