The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: How can we say there is Zero G force in space what about SUN's G ?  (Read 8535 times)

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
about
I don't get it..!!  How can G Force range is Infinity ? it is well  known fact that it's limited range.

It's not a well known fact, as it's not well known and it's not a fact.  Did you notice that Bored Chemist gave the equation earlier?

F= G M1 M2 /R^2

This means that there's an inverse square relationship, and unless you are an infinite distance apart, the attraction will always be greater than 0.

That is a well known fact.
BenV

I admit it that I was wrong about limited range but i was telling you in terms of General theory of relativity .... it is limited .. am i wrong ?
Why on earth all answers r being posted in terms of Newtons Universal law of G ?

Well, for a start, yes, you are wrong; the range is infinite.
Also there's no difference between Newton's and Einstien's laws as far as the range is concerned.
In one case there's a force with infinite range. In the other case space is warped over an infinite distance.
It's a hell of a lot easier to do the maths in Newton's version and the answers come out the same.

(At least for the case of the sun, space shuttle and the earth. Black holes etc are another issue as are the "speed" of gravity and the effect of gracvity waves)

Offline Madidus_Scientia

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
also, did you know that you can edit a post if you want to add to it, instead of posting repeatedly

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
If he's not going to heed the laws of physics I can't see hem troubling with the rules of the forum.

lyner

SBC
Having just read this thread for the first time, it is clear that you have piled in with both feet and you may not have stated, in the first place, what you actually wanted to know or the point you were trying to make.
If you were just arguing about the classical view then you were out of step with everyone else and can't really expect to be taken seriously. Once you have established some credibility about your classical knowledge then you are in a better position to have your views on the more advanced stuff listened to.
As the classical view is based on an infinite, stable universe, it is not surprising that it runs out of steam in a finite / expanding universe. Beyond it, though, we are still in the realms of speculation.

ScientificBoyZClub

I still did not understand this

what about sun's G force ?

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What about it? Specifically, what is your question?

ScientificBoyZClub

What about it? Specifically, what is your question?
Sir,
If sun is present in space.
and why astronauts don't feel sun's attraction ?

as our planet Earth and other should feel..

I have a proof that "General theory of relativity" wins ...AGAIN
but sir.Isaac newton got wrong ... at a point.
and what is the proof that G Range is infinity ?

we can do lots of tricks in math as you explained me.
but not possible in real.

General relativity does not say G as infinity range.

I am not agreeing with infinity range statement.

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums