The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What came first in the evolution of our universe; Gravity or Matter?  (Read 2449 times)

Ethos

Several years back, a new theory was submitted regarding the unification of the four forces of nature. It goes something like this:

Shortly after the Big Bang, the four forces were contained within one superforce. After a short period of time, the four we are currently familiar with split off from this superforce. Because this superforce contained the familiar four, and Gravity was one of the constituent parts, I believe that Gravity was present before Matter started to form. This raises the very important question; Is the accumulation of Matter responsible for the force of Gravity or is it the other way around?

I submit that because Gravity was here before the emergence of Matter, Gravity is responsible for the formation of Matter. How many times have you heard the following quote? The accumulation of Matter is what causes Gravity. I think contempory Physics has it backwards.

Although I don't know the exact physical process, I believe that Gravity has the unique ability to transform Energy into Matter. What do you folks think?????

..................Ethos
« Last Edit: 27/05/2009 01:40:15 by Ethos »

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
I have seen that theory that all the forces were one in the beginning and split off as the intensity of the big-bang eruption became less violent. I didn't sign on to it. I suspect that all the forces are still one. They may all derive from the electromagnetic force.

Gravity is the most difficult to grasp since it is so weak. But you can get it if you consider that electromagnetic forces exist as gauge fields that saturate at points. Each half cycle of the wave field has a point where electric and magnetic amplitude is the maximum that space can support. The fields diminish in amplitude away from the points. These diminished-amplitude fields can't interact directly with matter, so they permeate freely throughout it. But the fields do contribute to the amplitude of photon points moving through them. The points must therefore saturate at an offset toward increasing field strength of the diminished fields.

Kinda long winded, but it works to get gravity out of electromagnetic fields.

Ethos

I suspect that all the forces are still one. They may all derive from the electromagnetic force.

This could be quite possible Vern. And if that's true, then the Matter that Physicists say creates Gravity is instead, created by the Electromagnetic force.
« Last Edit: 27/05/2009 01:15:22 by Ethos »

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
Matter derives from the electromagnetic force; I suspect so; then gravity and matter and electromagnetism all exist together. Whenever one happens, you automatically have the others.

Ethos

Matter derives from the electromagnetic force; I suspect so; then gravity and matter and electromagnetism all exist together. Whenever one happens, you automatically have the others.
But what about energy? Do you think that electromagnetism can stand on it's own? I see no need for the influence of Gravity nor the presence of Matter for Energy to exist in the form of the electromagnetic wave. So it appears to me that because this wave can stand on it's own, it doesn't require the presence of either Gravity or mass to be present. So in your opinion, is the electromagnetic wave the creator of both these other physical manifestations? And if this is the case, both Gravity and Mass are creations of the Electormagnetic wave.................Ethos

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
I suspect that we can unite all the forces within electromagnetic phenomena. It seems to me that energy is simply electromagnetic change. And this is also the root of mass. All physical reality boils down to the change in amplitude of electric and magnetic fields. Every sensual device that we can invent simply detects change in electric and magnetic force. I can't think of anything outside of this.

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums