The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Person Using Chi Energy !! it's Impossible ?!?!  (Read 69336 times)

Offline Mr. Scientist

• Neilep Level Member
  • http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=profile&
    • View Profile
    • Time Theory
Person Using Chi Energy !! it's Impossible ?!?!
« Reply #150 on: 24/09/2009 00:46:35 »

This "state of mind" discussion reminds me of the superhuman strength a frantic mother can muster to lift a car so that she can free her pinned-down and trapped son.

That's JUST WEIRD.

That was the same story I had in mind when i wrote this.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 24/09/2009 10:10:02 »

GMTA !  (Great Minds Think Alike)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 24/09/2009 10:23:29 »

Then just take some Eques-edrin® and quit neighing already.

I don't hoof any of this, and, yes, I hoof no bananas today.

Here's a pictorial pun:

Its a horseshoe bat.
I was going to ask???? LOL..

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 09/10/2009 05:06:30 »

Then just take some Eques-edrin® and quit neighing already.

I don't hoof any of this, and, yes, I hoof no bananas today.

Here's a pictorial pun:

Its a horseshoe bat.
I was going to ask???? LOL..

Karen, some things just don't have an answer ;D

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 10/10/2009 22:00:30 »

Now I don't believe in chi or anything, but I do believe their take on chi is a slight metaphysical interpretation of concrete nervous structures and relations within the human body. For example, they say they can feel your palm/hand and know where "distress" is in your body. Some organs can be in distress without conscious pain registering, though there may be other painless nerve signals being sent that manifest themselves in small almost imperceptible clenching of muscles in the hand.

Thousands of years ago Chinese monks were able to figure out that even in a normal person, by not having any sex, a male can have a slight increase in his intellectual function. When a monkish order has a few millennium to sit around and think about crap, you'd be surprised what revelations they can come up with =P

Coming back to the origins of this thread, I imported the quote above from my thread (POIS).

Interesting. I wonder if there is some useful material that can be gleaned from chi philosophy, even though the chi philosophy itself seems flawed or unscientific?

« Last Edit: 10/10/2009 22:07:45 by demografx »

ScientificBoyZClub

« Reply #155 on: 24/11/2009 09:41:36 »
Why world is so puzzled ?

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 30/11/2009 02:56:08 »
Like this?

ScientificBoyZClub

Offline Louise

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 14/03/2010 04:19:04 »
Honestly, all you need to do is take Tai Chi. You will learn. [O8)]

Offline Shadec

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 14/04/2010 03:31:10 »
because the fact that someone believes something truly, is not something to be ridiculed.
well, i dont think so, and anyway, this is not the forum (if you will excuse the pun) to discuss such maters

So if you went into a boxing ring, you wouldn't expect to get punched? Just because someone believes in something does not make that something sacrosanct. If you believe in that stuff and keep it to yourself, well, that's fine - you're allowed life choices, naive as they may be. But if you express it in a public arena, especially on a science forum, expect it to be treated with the derision it deserves.

I don't go to boxing rings :P
but I see your point, perhaps I should stay silent in such matters.
I guess that you're right when you say that its not sacrosanct, and perhaps its not...

Online yor_on

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • (Ah, yes:) *a table is always good to hide under*
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 14/04/2010 09:37:26 »
Power of suggestion, body language expressed through your trust in what you believe you to 'know', and good principles concentrating your 'form' makes for most of the martial arts. It's still physics, not meta physics..

I think?

As I haven't seen anything 'unexplainable' myself yet :)
That may change when I see it though.

If you do a form correctly, using the top of a finger instead of a palm or a fist, the same 'force' will be concentrated to a very small surface area, and the shockwaves traveling inside your opponents body, depending on how you deliver that same assault, will express itself differently. You can deliver a very fast moving back and forth blow or you can deliver a more penetrating one where you mentally try to go through a object. They have different effects and that I think have to do with the shockwaves traveling.

But it takes many years being that sure on what you do, you need a flawless form to use your fingertip(s) for it. Do it wrong and you just break them. Then you have points that are bones (Koppo) points that are nerve centers and points that's called 'Chi' or 'Ki' disturbing the same. Those points have an effect too, but they may just be extensions of the ones I mentioned before. You can also attack bloodvessels and muscles, as long as you know what you're doing. It's like everything else, train long enough at something and it almost becomes instinctive to you.

And I agree with Shadec, believing in yourself will make wonders for what you can do, and for what the opponent may 'read you' as being able to do. But there is always a limit for such, and a real fighter, or nutter, might still attack. So it's better to have some factual training behind your attitude :)

Offline echochartruse

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 19/04/2010 23:48:43 »
Why should any of us make "TNS" a bias site?

Quote from:  http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/23/national/23believers.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

"It should not be a taboo subject, but frankly it often is in scientific circles," said Francis S. Collins, who directs the National Human Genome Research Institute and who speaks freely about his Christian faith..........Dr. Collins, who is working on a book about his religious faith, also believes that people should not have to keep religious beliefs and scientific theories strictly separate......................But he said he believed that some scientists were simply unwilling to confront the big questions religion tried to answer. "You will never understand what it means to be a human being through naturalistic observation," he said. "You won't understand why you are here and what the meaning is. Science has no power to address these questions - and are they not the most important questions we ask ourselves?"

By the way I am not a religious person but I like to keep an open mind

Offline L-Kira

• Who is so perfect ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 20/04/2010 16:23:36 »
I totally disagree with the video.I mean how could it be ?
well it's not following the laws of physics.Perhaps,we haven't discovered 'physics' fully yet!

Science haven't discovered much about it.Perhaps,someday we could finally prove supernatural phenomenon.
I wonder how philosophy would explain this?

L-Kira. 

Offline echochartruse

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 20/04/2010 23:01:29 »
I totally disagree with the video.I mean how could it be ?
well it's not following the laws of physics.Perhaps,we haven't discovered 'physics' fully yet!

Science haven't discovered much about it.Perhaps,someday we could finally prove supernatural phenomenon.
I wonder how philosophy would explain this?

L-Kira. 

There are many things that are unexplainable in this point in time. Hopefully we will be able to find the answers soon.

Offline Protozoid

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 25/04/2011 17:43:30 »
Psycho-energetic - Aspect martial

During World War II Nazi scientists made several trips to Tibet because they were interested in ancient knowledge, one of whose goals was to create "super soldiers". Nazi Germany has invested heavily in research. And even after the war, research was pursued by the USSR and the United States. What they know about the psycho-energetics that were targeted, since knowledge-building "hidden" of the man opened new horizons for units specifically trained.
(Translated by Google)

Source : [questionable link removed/ possible spam - prove yourself with a few more quality posts first please, A. Mod]
« Last Edit: 25/04/2011 19:03:22 by peppercorn »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #164 on: 25/04/2011 17:43:30 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums