The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Is there anyone out there who thinks vista is good?  (Read 13038 times)

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Is there anyone out there who thinks vista is good?
« Reply #25 on: 20/07/2009 11:34:12 »
I find Vista insulting. It exerts this big brother control freakery and makes it hard for me to actually do anything useful.

I was reconfiguring the networking on a laptop for someone the other day and the number of mouse clicks and "are you sures?" made the experience wholly unenjoyable.

Vista should be shipped with this background screen  :) ...

image source

"I can't let you do that Dave"
« Last Edit: 20/07/2009 11:39:23 by RD »

Offline Chelsie

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21/07/2009 00:34:07 »
Vista was the bane of my existence until I installed windows 7 which isn't too bad. Vista is quite possibly window's greatest blunder.

I really should have gone with a mac.

Offline sleepingbear

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21/07/2009 17:27:34 »
Been using Vista64 for over a year and half with no complaints.  Most problems are due to running vista on under powered hardware.  If you want to tweak Vista (or any MS OS) for max performance I'd suggest visiting this site- newbielink:http://www.blackviper.com/ [nonactive] handsdown the best windows tweaking site on the net.

Windows 7, which I've been running since RC1 was released, is a dream.  It is as pretty as Vista and runs on much lower hardware requirements.  Benchmarks I've seen show it performs better then XP and Vista on similiar hardware.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #27 on: 21/07/2009 17:27:34 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums