The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: the universe as a ten dimensional binary system  (Read 81965 times)

lyner

the universe as a ten dimensional binary system
« Reply #375 on: 02/08/2009 11:51:08 »
Which part of Physics did you want me to give you? I am quite prepared to deal with one issue at a time but, unlike you, I wouldn't presume to rewrite the whole thing 'according to me'. That, as you have demonstrated, is fraught.

The shoe will not ever be on the other foot because this thread is dealing with your ideas.

If you had read the past comments you would see that there is a very reasonable explanation of your 'novel' results. They don't "defy" classical explanation at all. A number of contributors pointed out possible errors in your measurement technique but you have ignored the comments. You would not be the first experimenter to think they had found something new. Most Scientists are prepared to scrutinise their model, though. You have actually refused to subject the method to scrutiny - Criticism is "stifling original thought" or "putting you down".
There is, actually, no point in engaging with you in technical discussion about your circuit if you are not even going to discuss the role of capacity in the circuit. Resonance is based on energy flowing back and forth so your "returned energy" is nothing new, at all. Your figures, because they are so sketchy (where it matters) that there is nothing to discuss.

Why do I stick so tightly to conventional Science? Unlike you, I have had a long experience that experimental results pretty much always go along with existing theory. The departures are always (these days) in the last few significant figures of measurement. When the experiment is very 'far out', there is usually a good classical reason for it. Your only figures are short integers, which makes them instantly suspect.

I do 'armchair Science' nowadays but I have done more experiments than you have had 'hot dinners' in the past. Many of my predictions / calculations have been realised in working systems, subsequently.

I am not even hinting that you are a liar. I am just saying that you cannot claim any support for your ideas unless you can show it. What you may interpret as support may not be as concrete as your interpretation of it.
« Last Edit: 02/08/2009 12:51:36 by sophiecentaur »

lyner

« Reply #376 on: 02/08/2009 16:16:54 »
Why should you think that classical Science does not 'consider'  the energy involved with collapsing magnetic fields? It's all 'known art'. I did some of it at A level, even. The induced emf will be proportional to the rate of change of flux and is in a sense which 'resists' the change - that is to maintain the current flow (Lenz's law). The 'catching diode' is included in circuits to protect the switching device from over voltage or, sometimes, to suppress arcing. The emf will cause a current to flow through the diode and through the coil (just the circuit loop containint the two components - nowhere else), dissipating energy in the resistance of the wire. If there is a capacitor in parallel (indeed, the self capacity of the coil is always there) then some resonance will occur - producing a damped / decaying string of oscillations - ringing - at the resonant frequency. The oscillation is due to energy 'sloshing' between the components and gradually dissipating. I don't know by what path you suppose the charge will return to the battery if Kirchoff's laws are to be obeyed. What path could it take and how would it flow?
Every such circuit does it to some extent.
The problem is that you suggest an anomaly of several hundred percent in the behaviour of your circuit. If this situation really occurred then no one could possibly design a circuit and rely on it working properly. The reality is that circuit design has worked to a high degree of accuracy for the best part of a hundred years. It is possible to calculate (or use computer simulation) the behaviour of all circuit configurations containing linear and non linear components and then build a circuit which does exactly what was predicted. (Within fractions of a percent of agreement, at the sort of low frequencies that you were using.)
But all of the above has already been spelled out to you in the past and you have ignored it. There is nothing more to say about it. You have decided that you have found something brand new. I, and others, have pointed out that it isn't new. You claim the theory doesn't consider it - read any text book to see that it does. Can you really believe that everyone is out of step but you?

You have chosen the 'battlefield' in which to test your overall hypothesis to be in the field of elementary circuit design. It happens to be an extremely well studied field with millions and millions (literally) of examples of supporting evidence. A good choice, in some ways, because the measurements are convenient and low tech - but a bad choice for supporting your ideas, I'm afraid.

If you are not prepared to look more deeply into elementary circuit theory then you have no valid argument to support your ideas. I can guarantee that, if you do the sums, you will get the conventional answer. The same sums which have put men on the Moon and make your computer work!

lyner

« Reply #377 on: 03/08/2009 12:59:23 »
Witsend
What's the "slamming" and "apologising" all about?
We are dealing with non-personal issues, here.
When the whole of Science is turned upside down by someone who can justify it, I will be a pleased as the next person. However, your attempt fails to achieve that.
And you still haven't actually shown me anyone who explicitly agrees with you, yet. That is a major issue, surely.
I think you may not be emotionally suited to Science because it can't always be expected to go the way you want it to. You might just take some notice of the messages you are getting and try to learn something about Science rather than just getting upset. Total strangers (which we all are, you realise) don't have time for that stuff.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
    • Magnetic field model that enables overunity of electric systems
« Reply #378 on: 06/08/2009 08:14:33 »
BenV - this is for you.  The guys in America have duplicated the experiment in our paper.  They're waiting for some more sophisticated measuring instruments and will then post the results.  But they've exceeded my claim by more than I've ever managed.  It is really good news.  It's on another forum.  May I post that thread link in this and the previou thread I started?

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #378 on: 06/08/2009 08:14:33 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums