The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What causes difficulty in starting urination?  (Read 3579 times)

Offline Lucidx

• First timers
    • View Profile
What causes difficulty in starting urination?
« on: 11/06/2009 00:20:37 »
I know that this might not be the apropriate place to post this question, but I really need someone who knows waht their talking about to help me.

Im a boy, 14 years old. Starting about 3 days to a week ago I have experienced increasing trouble in urinating. In the morning when I take a shower, I can sence that my bladder is full after a night of sleep however it has become impossible for me to urinate within aprox. 30 minutes of waking up.

It started by being that I just needed to close my eyes and then I could pee (in the morning) and no trouble peeing during the day.

But now I cannot urinate at all when I get out of the shower (in the morning) and during the day it takes aproximately 30-50 seconds before I can begin to urinate.

I fear that this will increase into something life threatening.

I believe I had rolled down some stairs (4 steps) but did not get injured at all (i didnt feel any injury) prior to my urinary troubles. But I lead an active lifestyle so I get bumps and bruises all the time, I dont know if this has anything to do with it.

I looked up about urinary track infections, and I dont think I have that because only 2-8 men in ten thousand get it who are under 50. I also read that people with an enlarging prostate may experience stuff similar to what I am, but again I read that that sort of stuff is only for men over 50 to worry about.

I am 14 years old again, I dont have the best eating habits, and I get medium amounts of excersize, im not overwieght and I have no history of bladder problems.

Can someone please help me out here?
« Last Edit: 11/06/2009 10:44:51 by chris »

Online Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: What causes difficulty in starting urination?
« Reply #1 on: 11/06/2009 07:07:35 »
Sounds like it might be this [paruresis - shy bladder syndrome]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paruresis
 but you should go and see a doctor about it anyway.
« Last Edit: 11/06/2009 10:45:56 by chris »

Offline Lucidx

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11/06/2009 11:54:11 »
Its not really that I imagine others, its like the regular muscle that is used to urinate is... missing? or at least a heck of allot weeker, I've confirmed now that I can urniate in the morning, just not whilst inside the shower.

I am experiencing not just difficulty starting urinating, but increasing difficulty acompanied by an increasingly week 'stream' of urine.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 11/06/2009 11:54:11 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums