The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Anti-Sperm Agent, Ethical For No Abortion.  (Read 3903 times)

Offline Titanscape

• View Profile
Anti-Sperm Agent, Ethical For No Abortion.
« on: 27/07/2005 16:54:55 »
I want to open my own business soon. One idea I had was researching a drug and applicator for women who have been given sex cells they don't want. The drug would be applied inside the uterus and would immobilise semen for long enough for them to die before reaching the egg. That is tail immobilisation. No abortion or ethics questions to worry about

Titanscape

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-Sperm Agent, Ethical For No Abortion.
« Reply #1 on: 27/07/2005 18:31:53 »
...Bren..when you say sex cells that women have been given , do you mean sperm ?....anyway good luck in your business opportunity...though I can imagine the route to bringing something like this to market will be filled with trials and tribulations over a long long period of time....but doesn't something like this already exist ?

Men are the same as women.... just inside out !!
« Last Edit: 28/07/2005 02:41:41 by neilep »

drkev

« Reply #2 on: 28/07/2005 01:43:07 »
Ok do you know anything about pharmacology, clinical trials, owning your own lab etc etc? Not being funny but I'm an ex pharmacology student and I looked into starting my own lab but there is far more to it that just getting the equipment and staff.

What is your background? What do you know abotu this? What experience do yo have?

Live long and Love life

Kevin Fisher

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28/07/2005 02:40:54 »
I agree !...it sounds like Bren you may not realise how long and how much dedication this might take, and how much it'll cost in the first place....you're looking at years...you do realise that don't you ?

Offline gsmollin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29/07/2005 19:47:45 »
quote:
Originally posted by Titanscape

I want to open my own business soon. One idea I had was researching a drug and applicator for women who have been given sex cells they don't want. The drug would be applied inside the uterus and would immobilise semen for long enough for them to die before reaching the egg. That is tail immobilisation. No abortion or ethics questions to worry about

Titanscape

An old "moment after" birth control method was to shake up a bottle of warm Coke and douche with it. I believe the small glass bottles from years ago were best. Now the Coke was an efficient spermicide, its carbonation, sugar, and acid attacked sperm cells vigorously. However, the little swimmers probably never heard the rushing waters, being out of the vagina very quickly.

Now you are talking about "uterus". I don't understand how you plan to get something up into the uterus immediately after intercourse. Maybe a hospital visit? Impregnation can happen quickly after the sperm reach the uterus.

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
« Reply #5 on: 29/07/2005 23:27:40 »
I'm not so sure about the coke remedy being down to the acidity. The vagina is pretty acidic thanks to the few billion lactic-acid producing Doderlein's lactogenic bacilli who live there.

It's more likely that any woman stupid enough to insert a glass bottle of coke into her vagina presumably must have a few genes adrift and hence be infertile anyway !

Chris

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception"
 - Groucho Marx

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29/07/2005 23:53:48 »
quote:
Originally posted by chris

I'm not so sure about the coke remedy being down to the acidity. The vagina is pretty acidic thanks to the few billion lactic-acid producing Doderlein's lactogenic bacilli who live there.

It's more likely that any woman stupid enough to insert a glass bottle of coke into her vagina presumably must have a few genes adrift and hence be infertile anyway !

Chris

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception"
 - Groucho Marx

Does it make a diffrence if it's Diet Coke ?

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #6 on: 29/07/2005 23:53:48 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums