The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Need advice on health  (Read 2458 times)

Offline marinameggy

• First timers
    • View Profile
Need advice on health
« on: 19/06/2009 22:27:56 »
Here's how it goes , for the last week i haven't been sleeping good at all i go to bed around 10pm and by 1h30 i'm awake and it seems i don't go back to sleep after that ( i'm sure i do but i always seem to be awake) i am feeling so pooped it's getting ridiculous by 11h00 am i would just go back to bed, i feel nauseous a good part of the day, today i had the joy of having a sore stomach and a headache on top of that, my eyes are dry or tired i don't know which one but they burn, i drink alot of water cause i'm thirsty all the time so i pee all the time also. I never feel this way before Af so i doubt that it's that, I just feel plain crappy... Af should start today or this weekend, now before you all go saying i could be pregnant, dh had a vasectomy 1 1/2 year ago with sperm count 0 after testing... Can someone tell me what could be wrong with me i'm so tired of being like this i'm usually always feeling good and get good nights sleeps..

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Need advice on health
« Reply #1 on: 20/06/2009 00:36:20 »
i drink alot of water cause i'm thirsty all the time so i pee all the time also

These can be symptoms of diabetes .

The classical symptoms [of Diabetes] are polyuria and polydipsia which are, respectively, frequent urination and increased thirst and consequent increased fluid intake. Symptoms may develop quite rapidly (weeks or months) in type 1 diabetes,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diabetes_mellitus
« Last Edit: 20/06/2009 00:40:43 by RD »

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Need advice on health
« Reply #2 on: 20/06/2009 03:18:49 »
It could be that and it could be a lot of other things as well.

I know from personal experience that stress can cause these symptoms as well. The best thing to do would be to see a doctor. As we are not physicians on this site - except for a couple of members - it would be unwise for any of us to make a judgment. All we can do is offer suggestions. If you are really concerned, please, see a doctor.

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Need advice on health
« Reply #3 on: 20/06/2009 07:36:01 »
Is it just me or is there a link comin' up? Hopefully not.

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Need advice on health
« Reply #4 on: 20/06/2009 09:10:01 »
headache on top of that, my eyes are dry

The dehydration caused by untreated diabetes would also explain dry eyes and headache.

You should definitely see your doctor Marinameggy, take a urine sample so it can be tested for sugar.
« Last Edit: 20/06/2009 09:17:08 by RD »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Need advice on health
« Reply #5 on: 24/06/2009 10:23:14 »
Is it just me or is there a link comin' up? Hopefully not.

Looks like you're right C4M ... http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=23863.msg260314#new

The Naked Scientists Forum

Need advice on health
« Reply #5 on: 24/06/2009 10:23:14 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length