The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why do I sweat more when I stop running then while running?  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
  • Simulated..What more do you needa know :P
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Since it has been getting hotter I've noticed that I don't sweat much while I'm running, but once I stop the sweat just comes out in buckets.
Is this because while I'm running the sweat is evaporating off of me that fast and when I'm stopped it doesn't evaporate?
Thanks

Offline JP

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Why do I sweat more when I stop running then while running?
« Reply #1 on: 21/06/2009 06:48:41 »
I've noticed this too.  I think part of it is probably what you noticed.  A second part of it might have to do with cooling off.  If your sweat isn't evaporating as quickly, you won't be cooling off as efficiently, and this might trigger the body to produce extra sweat.

lyner

« Reply #2 on: 25/06/2009 16:56:53 »
Could it be related to fitness? If your heart is doing its stuff then it will be shifting internal heat more effectively in the same way as it shifts the gases and food. This would mean that you will have less 'excess' temperature during the actual exercise and take less time to cool down when you stop.

There's another odd related thing. If I am sweating, I still feel hotter (and uncomfortable) than when I wipe over your face and neck. That  (actually removing sweat) to cool me down. Could it be that the drops of sweat do not cool very effectively but, once spread out, the lost water evaporates quicker?

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 25/06/2009 16:56:53 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length