The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: SUcommanderXer Last Pre Beta BUG FIXED  (Read 2513 times)

Offline nicephotog

• H h H h H h H h H h
    • View Profile
    • Freeware Downloads
SUcommanderXer Last Pre Beta BUG FIXED
« on: 21/06/2009 13:14:30 »
A few days back i started to use My scripting editor for the first task outside of HTML/xml/SQL and Java2 in maybe a year.
PHP and MySQL (nicephot.xlphp.net). I clicked on my list to enter a function body and for same reason BOOM!
and it repeated BOOM! each time and i had to shut it of with Cntrl+Alt+Del
through the task manager.

I opened the 15,000 lines or so of source code and got to work.
I couldn't find anything actual for the problem, but the bug "is anything from the operator list inserted to the document that has newline chars in it". so i did a work around and new version with some extras i was building.

Site Message below:
"Massive bug found and fixed in the new version"!!!
(bug in versions 31-01-2009 AND 10-11-2008)
Found, and a work-around is used in this version.
When using the operator list for the goodies that were supposed to be what this editor is designed to do and all about, the colourer mechanism was jammed on for some reason resulting in a crash of the application.
What i managed to break it down to by trouble shooting the code was that the "list items" that corespond to inserting to the editor that have newlines in them cause tha jamming, but i cannot see anything wrong with the code actually.
I tried a different system of obtaining and inserting with the operator list from its defaultListModel but it was OK(the code sequences, and class/method tools, types e.t.c. were all what is considered syntactically correct) , so i am continueing to investigate the reason the seizure occurs when strings with lines are added from the JList.

The only reasons for the problem left over now are, Maybe javax.swing thread problem, or, more subtley a String object conflict from the new internal encoding mechanism (of is not completed for the point of quantity rather than quality).

WORK-AROUND-VERSION NEW "SUcommanderXer Last Pre Beta (20-06-2009)"
NEW: 1. With new content file insert and CONTENT-TOKEN splitting(load from file)
NEW: 2. SQL functions list (no colour highlighting)
« Last Edit: 21/06/2009 13:20:00 by nicephotog »

Offline nicephotog

• H h H h H h H h H h
    • View Profile
    • Freeware Downloads
« Reply #1 on: 22/06/2009 06:53:40 »
==============

minor bug fixed: Markup string colouring, VARIOUS. @ 30-06-2009 STABLE NOW

Most appear to have been java bugs, but a work around is in it to make it safe anyhow.

All appears to be in total order this time around.

--------------
....."they lock me away because i talk to the trees".....
« Last Edit: 14/07/2009 13:41:20 by nicephotog »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #1 on: 22/06/2009 06:53:40 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums