The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Electrical /magnetic field alter gravity's action?  (Read 3885 times)

Offline Andrew K Fletcher

• Neilep Level Member
  • KIS Keep It Simple
    • View Profile
Found the following to be of interest, which does suggest there is more to gravity than meets the eye, or indeed the current physics literature. A while back, I posted on a newsgroup that there was no strong or week forces and the interactions of all such forces comes from the effects of the modifications of one force, that being gravity. Therefore, a nuclear explosion is a force that drives a wedge between the stabilising / normalising of atomic particles observed under the gravitational influence of our planets mass. And this is why the atomic reaction is finite under a nuclear explosion or controlled reaction. Many natural occurrences can release a destructive force greater than anything we have unleashed, and all because of gravity and the way it interacts by combining the forces of every single atomic and sub-atomic particle. When we generate electricity, are we not separating a force from the earth’s gravitational pull and the electricity is eventually released when drawn back to an earth. Even in a space vehicle like the shuttle, the earth is the mass of the vehicle and therefore performs the same function as the planet with regards to electrical end usage. What happens to the electricity when it goes to earth? Is it not normalised and back under the control of the mass?

I am sure you will find the following web page as fascinating as I have and I would love to get some reactions from the physics quarters about why the field should alter the drop rates of identical weighted objects.

Comments on Gravity Drop Tests
performed by Donald A. Kelly of Clearwater, Florida

Donald A. Kelly, an independent researcher and consultant to the Space Energy Association in Clearwater, Florida, has been performing, from 1991 onward, an impressive series of tests that measure the behavior of dropping weights in a magnetized or electrically energized state as opposed to their behavior in a non-magnetized (inert) state.

Various forms of magnetization and electrical energization have been used: Permanent magnets arranged both horizontally and vertically on test plates, electromagnets, non-inductive "Hooper-type" windings, as well as a combination of permanent magnets with bifilar, non-inductive coils. The electric energization was achieved by direct current (12 Volt DC) as well as alternating current (12 Volt 60 Hertz AC). Kelly described his results in various reports (1).

Work on these experiments is currently continuing with a view to investigating differences of behavior of dropping weights not only between DC current and 60 Hertz AC, but with various other frequencies and various wave forms of AC.
http://www.hasslberger.com/phy/phy_3.htm

"The explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is most likely to be correct."
K.I.S. "Keep it simple!"

Offline Ultima

• View Profile
    • My Homepage
Re: Electrical /magnetic field alter gravity's action?
« Reply #1 on: 07/08/2005 11:16:13 »
quote:
A while back, I posted on a newsgroup that there was no strong or week forces and the interactions of all such forces comes from the effects of the modifications of one force, that being gravity. Therefore, a nuclear explosion is a force that drives a wedge between the stabilising / normalising of atomic particles observed under the gravitational influence of our planets mass. And this is why the atomic reaction is finite under a nuclear explosion or controlled reaction.

Sorry what’s preventing an atom from ripping itself apart from the charge of all it's protons? Because the gravity of the planet is a very weak force! Even a simple fixed magnet has no trouble fighting against it… you can stand up! The strong force is far greater… At short distances, like the scale of separation of sub atomic particles.

wOw the world spins?

Offline gsmollin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14/08/2005 02:14:42 »
I looked at that link, and it's pretty sketchy. I can't say what the guy is really doing. However, I can only guess that he's dropping conductive weights through magnetic fields, and we are seeing the retarding force of eddy currents circulating in the weights. There is nothing mysterious about that.

As far as the statements about one force, well that is the goal of the ultimate "theory of everything", to combine all the forces into one. If you have that problem solved, publish it in "Physical Review", and stop over in Stockholm to pick up you Nobel prize.

"F = ma, E = mc^2, and you can't push a string."

Offline Simmer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20/08/2005 23:01:48 »
Slightly at a tangent - does anyone know why you get an apparent weight loss when a top is spinning?  I know it works because I've tried it (spinning a top on a balance) but I don't know why.  Aerodynamics?

Offline gsmollin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21/08/2005 01:27:57 »
Very interesting. It would have to be aerodynamics.

"F = ma, E = mc^2, and you can't push a string."

Offline Ultima

• View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 21/08/2005 21:30:14 »
Try using a gyroscope in a free moving mounting. I think that would get rid of any effects such as the rotation of the Earth etc.

wOw the world spins?

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #5 on: 21/08/2005 21:30:14 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums