The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is the first push of the universe?  (Read 6337 times)

Offline tianman32

• View Profile
    • http://wwsk.my0743.com
What is the first push of the universe?
« on: 11/08/2005 12:51:08 »
The first push of the universe refers to the ability of automatic organization(self-organization),automatic motion,automatic reaction and variation,automatic cognition and thinking,autonomous action of it.
Big bang of the universe is nonsense.

From Origin of the Universe and Life which can be found in science forum

Offline Pablo

• View Profile
Re: What is the first push of the universe?
« Reply #1 on: 12/08/2005 01:32:40 »
If you believe that the Universe had an automatic organization, then you may want to check "the Anthropic Universe" (google it). I know what you mean about the Big Bang, it sounds like a "blind" explosion with no meaning behind it and it was just an accident. This is part of the mechanistic philosophy of Western civilization. I bet you guys in China have a different approach. Do you mind to share it?

Pablo Gonzalez

Offline simeonie

• View Profile
    • http://www.simeonie.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: 12/08/2005 09:31:45 »
Emmmm do you know who came up with the idea of the Big Bang? It does seem a little far feched for me but it was explained briefly to me how it might of created the universe. I don't think it did but it is cool to know the scientist point of view

----------------------
Time is like a knife..... slowly and relentlesly.... cuts the cored of life.

-__- my website!!!!
http://www.simeonie.co.uk
has forums too!
Think about it! lolz

Offline gsmollin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12/08/2005 15:34:34 »
The origins of the idea rest with a Catholic priest from Belgium, Georges Lemaitre. He proposed the idea of a universe created at a single instant in the past, which he called, "a day without yesterday", and expanding outwards afterwards.

Henrietta Leavitt developed the cosmic yardstick using Cepheid variable stars. Subsequently, Edwin Hubble discovered that galaxies were rushing outwards, and the further away they were, the faster they receeded. Running the clock backwards gives the inescapable conclusion that there was a beginning.

Other scientists were opposed to this idea. Albert Einstein believed the universe was static when he formulated General Relativity (years before Hubble). However, GR does not admit to a stable solution: The universe must be either expanding or contracting. A. E. inserted another term into the equations, called the cosmological constant, that would allow a static solution. Unfortunately, the universe still is not stable. Pertubations from a static balance result in collapse or expansion. When Hubble showed the universe was expanding, Einstein called the constant, "my greatest blunder."

Other cosmologists believed the universe was eternal, and were openly hostile towards the idea of a beginning to the universe (despite the fact "In the beginning" is the first three words of the Bible). Fred Hoyle was one of them, and he skoffed at the new theory, calling it "this big bang idea". So it was named by a detractor.

Many people have had strong feelings about this. You can find detractors everywhere, but the truth will out. As more and better observations have become available, this is the only viable answer today. The exact form of the theory keeps changing, but this is what science is all about: Discovering the nature of nature.

"F = ma, E = mc^2, and you can't push a string."
« Last Edit: 12/08/2005 15:36:38 by gsmollin »

Offline simeonie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12/08/2005 16:52:10 »
Is everything in the universe being pushed outwards from the center? If so I didnt know that

----------------------
Time is like a knife..... slowly and relentlesly.... cuts the cored of life.

-__- my website!!!!
has forums too!
Think about it! lolz

Offline David Sparkman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16/08/2005 03:54:12 »
It is very complex Simeonie, but please fund our research while we try to prove that we are wrong. If not, please fund our research to prove that we are right. Otherwise please fund our research to prove that we don't know...

If there is sufficent mass (gravity) then the universe may someday contract. If there isn't we are like a puff of smoke, here for only a short few billion years. Or if matter is spontaniously generated by equal and opposite reactions, then we don't know and are back to square one. But please fund our research. We like to sit around and stare off into space while puffing on our pipes... And if you do it with your eyes closed, people may not realise you are just taking a nap on company time...

David (Engineer of course)
« Last Edit: 16/08/2005 03:55:45 by David Sparkman »

Offline simeonie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16/08/2005 13:01:55 »
OK thanks.

I have a question for anyone. How exactly does gravity work? I mean I know everything with mass has a gravitational pull but why? How does it work?

----------------------
Check it out. Click on the forums

Offline Pablo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17/08/2005 02:34:44 »
According to Einstein, gravity is not a "force', but it is space-time itself. He equated the metric field with the gravitational field. Mass curves space-time, and the larger the mass the more noticeable the effect. For example, In the "vicinity" of the Sun, Light follows a curved path because the huge mass of the Sun curves the space-time of its surroundings. This means (thinking in Newtonian terms) that Light has weight! it's affected by the gravitational field just as a comet or planet in orbit. So,what's gravity? the answer: geometry.  :)

Pablo Gonzalez

Offline Simmer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17/08/2005 21:28:43 »
Aha - but if light had mass it would have infinite mass, by definition! I knew this new physics was a load of cobblers :-)

Offline simeonie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18/08/2005 11:40:44 »
why would it have to have infinate mass? Maybe it does!

----------------------
Check it out. Click on the forums

Offline tianman32

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18/08/2005 13:33:22 »
Thank you!
I will grandully publish my research including
1 Unity of physics and biology
2 Unitary space-time:state space-time
3 Four seasons' cosmology
And so on.
Actually,you cad find a part from tianman32 in internet

Great breakthrough of science is coming from religion.

Fundamental construction of the universe is bi-four seasons' whole including state-varying organization,state-forming organization and control organization.Organisms,the earth,the Solar Syatem,galaxies,clusters of galaxies and society are four seasons' whole(from traditional science of China).The universe is life body.The first push of the universe exists inside of systems.

Attraction and repulsion are couplimg.There is no expansion of the universe.Four seasons' law is the most important law in the universe.Four kinds of faoce have been united.

TH

Offline Pablo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18/08/2005 19:11:37 »
Tianman, your English is not so clear. If I understood you correctly, you have a theory that has united four kinds of forces. And these forces are seasons? namely, Organisms,Earth,Planets and Galaxies,and Society?... [?]

Pablo Gonzalez

Offline Simmer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18/08/2005 22:34:00 »
quote:
why would it have to have infinate mass? Maybe it does!

Infinite relativistic mass anyway - and that can't be because every photon would be a black hole and we wouldn't be able to see!:)

Offline David Sparkman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19/08/2005 04:58:09 »
I would have to stay in doors, would hate to be hit by an infinate mass photon - it would hurt.

Science is a little spooky here, we don't know why or how gravity works, we only have equations that seem to describe gravity. Einstein's equations work better than Newton's equations. Define work better as being a better discription of what we observe.

Consider two people on a trampoline. As they approach eachother, their displacements in the trampoline surface begin to merge and it becomes 1) easier to move toward each other, and 2) more difficult to move away from each other. We understand how this works on a trampoline as we can see and touch the surface of the trampoline.

Einstein says that gravity is like that, but we can't see or feel the media that gravity is changing. The real question is: are we too insignificant to understand the world around us or is the theory wrong. I will give you even odds...

David

Offline Simmer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19/08/2005 20:00:54 »
Reminds me of Prof Dawkins' (selfish gene man) address to the Global TED conference a couple of months ago.  As I understood it he postulated that we can only perceive and understand that part of the universe appropriate to our scale and location.  

So it's not my fault I can't understand quantum physics, OK?

Offline tianman32

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 23/08/2005 12:47:50 »
Yes,four kinds of force automatically combine to form four seasons' whole or life body.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #15 on: 23/08/2005 12:47:50 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length