The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What proportion of global warming is attributable to humans?  (Read 59586 times)

Offline litespeed

• View Profile
What proportion of global warming is attributable to humans?
« Reply #125 on: 19/02/2010 21:23:02 »
BenV - Please list and NUMBER my lies and I will take time in the next couple of days to consider them. I am perplexed by your accusations and if you put them all in a nice list I might understand what you are talking about. For instance, in what way have I lied about the video that you are not certain you even have seen? I believe the video is inconsequential. Thats all. Go view the video and give me your assessment of its probative value. That would be a good start.....

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 19/02/2010 22:04:31 »
Are you intentionally not reading my posts?  It was pointed out to you some time ago that the Attenborough in the video you refer to is not, and has never been, an actor. You continued to refer to him as such.  Madidas pointed this out to you, and I opined that it was either a lie or a mistake.

So was it a lie, or a mistake?

The content of the video, which I have never commented upon, is entirely irrelevant.

Offline litespeed

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 20/02/2010 17:50:27 »
Not an actor? He clearly gave quite a performance in that video. You should look it up! But you are right. I incorrectly referred to him as a sonorous Shakespearian actor when in fact is is a sonorous narrator for his TV nature films.

Which is actually worse. It is worse because one does not expect an actor to be much of a scientist. However, I have now reviewed this guys credits. He should have known better then to make such a silly video clip. It does not add to his reputation.
« Last Edit: 20/02/2010 20:06:23 by litespeed »

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 20/02/2010 23:18:30 »
But do you see the problem I have?  You referred to him as an actor earlier, and were corrected.  The fact that you later referred to him as an actor again suggests that you aren't taking on board what people are saying to you, or that you did so on purpose to misrepresent his opinion.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 21/02/2010 03:44:07 »
I think this thread has run its course. It is blatantly obvious by now that lightspeed seems to perpetuate his own opinion when clearly shown that the facts differ from his personal opinion.

I am therefor locking this thread.

Persistence to not discuss the hard science and refute evidence with evidence, will be assumed to be evangelizing and be dealt with accordingly.
« Last Edit: 21/02/2010 04:21:19 by JimBob »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #129 on: 21/02/2010 03:44:07 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums