The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: How this is possible?  (Read 3077 times)

Offline JukriS

• View Profile
How this is possible?
« on: 29/07/2009 08:47:27 »
The distance to Earth 10 light-years.

Moving almost at the speed of light towards the Earth and the Earth in one year, your time is spent on just one second.

Findings Globe and see the Earth rotating under the sun, you second.

When you measure what kind of trip Globe is moving under you per second, you will notice the earth moving a lot more than the speed of light.

This should not be possible in your theory appropriate. Still, this is your theory appropriate?

a contradiction!

Offline Pwee

• View Profile
How this is possible?
« Reply #1 on: 29/07/2009 09:08:06 »
Did you use googletranslate?

What you wrote doesn't make sense. You should give your text in your language to a friend who's English is better and have him translate it for you.

Good luck!

Offline JukriS

• View Profile
How this is possible?
« Reply #2 on: 29/07/2009 09:17:20 »
You move almost light speed.

Yours time is going only one second and same time earth time is going one year.

You looking how earth to go around sun ones when going under one second.

When you look how long way earth move, you understund, earth move over light speed?

?

Offline Madidus_Scientia

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
How this is possible?
« Reply #3 on: 29/07/2009 09:37:00 »
The Earth won't move faster than the speed of light, but there's nothing impossible about it going near to the speed of light, relative to you. You're thinking of the spaceship as speeding toward Earth, but it can just as well be Earth speeding toward the spaceship.

It's all relative.

Offline JukriS

• View Profile
How this is possible?
« Reply #4 on: 29/07/2009 09:43:38 »
I can start move far away from earth and i can look earth all a time and i can turn back and i can look earth all a time.

When i come back, i move almost light speed and thats why my time is going under one second same time when earth to go around sun?

This should not be possible in your theory appropriate. Still, this is your theory appropriate?

a contradiction!

Offline Soul Surfer

• Neilep Level Member
  • keep banging the rocks together
    • View Profile
    • ian kimber's web workspace
How this is possible?
« Reply #5 on: 29/07/2009 10:00:35 »
Jukri.  You are taking a very extreme example of high speed travel and not taking into account the distortions that this produces.   As you approach the speed of light the image of the universe around you changes radically in a rather subtle way.  It is clear that you know that things coming directly towards you are blue shifted and things that are going away from you are red shifted but the image changes as well. 

The effect is that the things that are behind  you expand in angle and the things that are coming towards you contract.  So at extreme speeds you only see things straight in front of you all squashed up and most of what you see is in fact behind you.

The end result is that it is impossible to "see" anything that is not correct and within the laws of physics. 

I have been looking for visualisations of these effects.  There used to be several around but I can't find them at the moment.  Maybe others have links to them.
« Last Edit: 29/07/2009 10:30:18 by Soul Surfer »

Offline Pwee

• View Profile
How this is possible?
« Reply #6 on: 29/07/2009 10:10:07 »
He means that if it's possible to go so fast, that 1 earth year seams to you as 1 second, than under that one second for you earth moved 1 full orbit around the sun, which is 9,55x10^8km. 9,55x10^8km/sec is faster then 3x10^5km/h what is the speed of light.

For me it's an interesting question, but is it true that if you go almost in the speed of light, 1 sec for you will be a year on earth? I don't think so.

lyner

How this is possible?
« Reply #7 on: 31/07/2009 11:53:09 »
He means that if it's possible to go so fast, that 1 earth year seams to you as 1 second, than under that one second for you earth moved 1 full orbit around the sun, which is 9,55x10^8km. 9,55x10^8km/sec is faster then 3x10^5km/h what is the speed of light.

For me it's an interesting question, but is it true that if you go almost in the speed of light, 1 sec for you will be a year on earth? I don't think so.
Why don't you think so? The effects of Special Relativity are everywhere. Take the Muons which are created in the Earth's outer atmosphere, for example. They get three times further than you'd expect them to before they decay. That's because they are going so damn fast. They can't be going faster than c, so the distance they get implies that time is stretched for them (with respect to our time). Just a bit faster and a year can last a second (or vice versa).

Offline LeeE

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Spatial
How this is possible?
« Reply #8 on: 31/07/2009 15:29:07 »
There's nothing to suggest that the small green galactic objects are green because of doppler shifting, which I think was what you were trying to suggest.  In that link that you posted, and then quoted in full, it clearly says that the green colour comes from ionised oxygen; when those emission lines are checked for doppler shifting they show the appropriate shift for their distance.

The Naked Scientists Forum

How this is possible?
« Reply #8 on: 31/07/2009 15:29:07 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums