The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why do we dream what we dream ?  (Read 2950 times)

Offline gecko

• View Profile
Why do we dream what we dream ?
« on: 16/08/2005 02:13:51 »
maybe this is a more psychological question than a physiological one, but you guys seem intrested in that just as well.

im the only person ive talked to(though im sure not the only one on earth) that dreams like this. its not too uncommon for me to dream an entire story, of someone who is not me and is no one i know. its akin to watching a movie, and i usually remember pretty vividly. its just odd because its completely 3rd person and doesnt seem to relate to my life. their usually emotionally intense, but not "nightmares" in the least.

Offline gecko

• View Profile
Re: Why do we dream what we dream ?
« Reply #1 on: 16/08/2005 02:14:59 »
so im interested in how common this is or any other info on it.

Offline David Sparkman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16/08/2005 04:08:09 »
Sounds like you have a fantastic mind. Writer, programmer, or composer? You have a great ability to focus.

David

Offline MissB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18/08/2005 15:38:08 »
I have had dreams that were complete stories. One was so good I thought about making it a "movie of the week" he he he.

I recently went back to my home town, after about 5 years of being away. I realized that all of the dreams I have about my home town are reflective of what it really looks like now. For example I had a dream of people living in a barn that a friend of mine used to have horses in, it's now a house that was built a year or so ago. Also I had a dream that my friends old farm house was overgrown with weeds etc. I visited her parents the other day and sure enough, the whole property except for right where the house was, is completely grown over with golden rods etc. There are a few other examples, but you get my drift. Our dreams can be insightful, if you pay attention and find the clues. :)

Offline thedoc

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #4 on: 03/09/2005 11:15:22 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums