The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why Can Windows Media Copy A Disc That I-Choons Can Not ?  (Read 1990 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Dearest Technologocally Knowing Peeps,

As a sheepy I of course luff to make sweet muzak !...I also luff to blatantly copy it and make ' cough cough ' backups and give them to all my friends !!

See this disc ?

I used this disc to successfully ' backup ' an audio cd recently.

Now then, I-Choons could not make the copy backup successfully and said there was not enough space on the disc...however Windows Media just happily copied backed up the entire contents of the original disc onto it.

How come ?.
..before ewe ask I can confirm that the burn rate was exactly the same in both programs !

so...I know I wont be using I choons again but wondered why Windows Media was able to fit it on the whole disc where I choons could not ! ?

whajafink ?

Neil

« Last Edit: 02/08/2009 17:19:10 by neilep »

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
Why Can Windows Media Copy A Disc That I-Choons Can Not ?
« Reply #1 on: 13/08/2009 12:22:02 »
In my experience iTunes is the world's second most aggravating piece of software (after the Windows OS).

Offline nicephotog

• H h H h H h H h H h
    • View Profile
    • Freeware Downloads
« Reply #2 on: 30/08/2009 15:28:21 »
itunes is principle developed in unix and hence has less access to Windows compression codecs. Windows has always been reasonably good on keeping quality of audio and visual except dang "Paint"(even Paint .NET has had its problems).
The itunes program could be out of date or not geared for windows codecs well enough.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 30/08/2009 15:28:21 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums