The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: If I have Some Of Wifeys Blood In Me Will I Get Sick ?  (Read 2485 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Dearest Klevur Peeps Of All Knowing stuff,

As a sheepy I of course enjoy the benefit of blood racing about my body... blood is my all time favourite stuff that circulates though my veins. I luff it. Thanks blood for being so great !

look, here's some blood cells,

Nice eh ?

Now, I have blood which is something negative and wifey has blood that is something positive !..this makes us incompatible when it comes to blood yes ?...so say a pint of her blood got accidentally transfused into me....what what happen ?..would I get really ill ?...would my body go on a mass blood attack ?...what would be my symptoms. ?

As a firm believer in empirical study I took two tomatoes and drew a '+' on one and a '-' on the other and then squished them together !...the result ? ..a mess !....so...not too sure about that.

Can ewe help ?..I want to know !

thanks

neil
Bothered About Blood
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

« Last Edit: 04/08/2009 12:04:41 by neilep »

Offline wanhafizi

• View Profile
If I have Some Of Wifeys Blood In Me Will I Get Sick ?
« Reply #1 on: 04/08/2009 13:25:15 »
I think it will coagulate. A very bad idea...

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04/08/2009 13:58:54 »
I think it will coagulate. A very bad idea...

Thanks Wanhafizi...this is an xperiment I am not looking to empirically research anytime soon !  ;)

So , ewe reckon it would curdle eh ?...yeuch !!...lets hope a passing bloodologist can step in and help answer, cos I don't fancy the idea of having cottage cheese running through my veins !...(well..only in the case of an exceptionally extraordinarily set of events of course)

Offline rosy

• Neilep Level Member
  • Chemistry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04/08/2009 15:54:03 »
Yeah. If your wife's blood cells have surface proteins that yours doesn't, then your immune system will detect the "invading" cells and attack them, resulting in your blood coagulating (very bad).

Offline Variola

• Neilep Level Member
  • Everyone should beware of The Pox...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04/08/2009 20:28:15 »
Now, I have blood which is something negative and wifey has blood that is something positive !..this makes us incompatible when it comes to blood yes ?...so say a pint of her blood got accidentally transfused into me....what what happen ?..would I get really ill ?...would my body go on a mass blood attack ?...what would be my symptoms. ?

Interestlingly only 15% of people are Rhesus negative, if you happen to be an O- blood group  (like moi) you are a universal donor, meaning anyone no matter what blood group can recieve your blood. But the flip side is that you can only recieve blood from O- people. AB+ people are universal recievers.... lucky gits!

Here is a fun game to play!

http://nobelprize.org/educational_games/medicine/landsteiner/index.html

Try not to kill too many people!!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #4 on: 04/08/2009 20:28:15 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length