The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What Has Happened To This Mushroom(s) ?  (Read 3477 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
What Has Happened To This Mushroom(s) ?
« on: 10/08/2009 14:22:59 »
Dearest Mushroomologists,

As a sheepy I of course luff mushrooms. Hmm..slice them thickly , fry them in olive oil with oodles of garlic, some salt & pepper and I'm a happy sheepy !..ewe can even make a really nice sandwich !!

But check these out !

What on earth made that happen ?

Is it one mushroom that turned to two  ? or is is two conjoined mushrooms ?..and how did that happen ?

Do ewe know ?

Neil
I Luff Mushrooms
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 10/08/2009 15:37:31 »
I do believe that they grow up so close to each other that they become conjoined...sometimes, my guess would be an over crowded area of mushrooms and boom a double whammy!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10/08/2009 15:40:02 »
Hey I just noticed that of you continue to make a strip like in the picture with your mushrooms cut and slightly overlapped,your mushrooms then take on the look of a spine or(backbone)! LOL....

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11/08/2009 13:51:36 »
I do believe that they grow up so close to each other that they become conjoined...sometimes, my guess would be an over crowded area of mushrooms and boom a double whammy!

Thanks Kareny Mam...so, how do they get joined like that ?..do they kinda just squish into each other ?....it's difficult for me to see how that works...

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
« Reply #4 on: 11/08/2009 14:33:37 »
Are they magic mushrooms?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11/08/2009 14:58:04 »

Thanks Kareny Mam...so, how do they get joined like that ?..do they kinda just squish into each other ?....it's difficult for me to see how that works...

Well you know and this is a guess when two trees are planted or come up next to one another they begin to grow side by side eventually their limbs and trunks grow together like where they came in contact with each other.... Makes me wonder if it is similar to when one grafts one tree to another to get a combo of two different varieties... that usually involves a wound or splice and then the two are butted up against each other and begin to grow.. Now I am no grafting expert or any such thing but that would be my assumption and would be delighted to find out if that is any where close to what is happening with your mushrooms?

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #5 on: 11/08/2009 14:58:04 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums