The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What sheeps did this?  (Read 6921 times)

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
What sheeps did this?
« on: 25/08/2009 02:25:36 »
Dang sheeps. I thought I heard them sneaking around here last night.

Very funny. Now can I have my pin cushion drive circuit back?
« Last Edit: 25/08/2009 22:55:33 by Geezer »

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Re: What sheeps did this?
« Reply #1 on: 25/08/2009 04:32:54 »
WOW Geezer.. DUDE... you need to read your mail!!! LOL...

Were we the sheep?

What is a pin cushioned drive circuit?

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25/08/2009 04:45:27 »
It's the thing in my monitor that makes my windows look nice and squarey, instead of looking like cooling towers (see pic).

Dang sheeps. You just can't trust 'em.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25/08/2009 04:57:16 »
You mean less wavy looking.. they seemed to be curved without the monitor thingy....?

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25/08/2009 05:05:48 »
That's a photo of my screen (the monitor thingy!) Dang sheeps stole the bits and made it all bent looking.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25/08/2009 05:14:31 »
lol,, my big computer has hat feature where you can twist and contort the screen but ?//i believe its part of the UBUNTO OR LINUX SYSTEM... PLAY THINGS...LOL

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25/08/2009 06:15:22 »
This was the work of sheeps. Little hoof prints all over the place. Just one posting about sheeps, and the next day, boom, the screen goes all bendy.

Perfectly good Sony Trinitron 19" too. Only had her eleven years. Maybe I can get replacements for the parts sheeps stole under the warranty. What do you think?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25/08/2009 06:52:57 »
LOL.. Only 11 years eh??? I guess its worth a try..LOL..

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25/08/2009 18:36:49 »
That's a photo of my screen (the monitor thingy!) Dang sheeps stole the bits and made it all bent looking.
If things have gone all bent, it is deffinitely sheeps.

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25/08/2009 21:16:09 »
Sheeps can't stand to see straight things, so they sneak around, all "butter wouldn't melt" looking, and bend stuff when your not looking.

Some people seem to think gravity makes spacetime all bendy, but I say its them sheep and their bendy ways again.

I suppose the title of this thread is violating policy. Probably should be
"What sheeps did this?"

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25/08/2009 22:21:08 »
its Mori or somin' like that isn't it - I think sheep like to eat moire.

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25/08/2009 22:32:25 »
JimBob, you talkin 'bout that dude as married to Connie Chung? Bit of a moto if you asks me.
Geez

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What sheeps did this?
« Reply #12 on: 26/08/2009 02:02:11 »
Naw - there be enough motos here already. Wouldn't want motos all over the place wud ya?

Ima talkin' bout that there lill' button use press on ol' CRT monters to keep the ray gun b'hind the glass thingy shooting straight. It is a setting of some sort fer magernets that guides the ray gun to hit the same phosporescent bits all the time. Wait a sec - I have an ol' CRT on that ther LINUX box I play with sum'times. I'm gonna look.

Yassir! on the bottom thar be TWO buttons, one wit H.MOIRE and 'nother wit V.MOIRE. If I memebr right, (or left?) these here things kep the dam ray gun from shootin' off target and pinchen in the screen like that thar one sheep done steped on.!

Now looky here, I ain't smart ('cepten, only whar the skins off) but I sur think yer problems be with some lill' ol magernets and a justin them, not that there Murry guy Connie done been hitched to. (Sure hatted when she got hitched - I kinda' lusted fer her b'foren that!)

Say - any'un ever tell ya you sure talk strange fer a scotman? Been in "Mericer fer a bit, cording to what ya tol me- or is I just thinkin' siderways? 'Course, iffen ya be a replanted, skirt warein, "pear-son," you ain't gotta eat the gawdawful hageris anymore. Just thnkin' bout oatmeal in a stumich sure turns mine.

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
What sheeps did this?
« Reply #13 on: 26/08/2009 03:02:34 »
I git's yer drift there JimBob. This 'ere bendy image is on account lectron magnets. There kinda like them thangs in the starter moto' of that ol' Studebaker sedan your still haulin yer coal in. Guess thems autermobile sales jockeys would not go fer the clunker thing then?

Anyways, dang sheeps stole sumpin as is called a FET in the "pin cushion correction circuit", which splains why am a'lookin at somethin that looks just like my great granny's pin cushion.

Woa, lookie here now. That Nova programs a'comin on the TeeVee right now, so I'll have to get back with you later.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What sheeps did this?
« Reply #14 on: 26/08/2009 03:31:07 »
What is all the dang holleren 'bout Pubic Televison's NOVA program? Are them all talkin bout that there Hubule telerscope spinin' like the cam shafter of a moto' 'roun the erth? thats a'what it says right here on my local Pubic Broadcastering Statons listerd on my 'puter. 

So - u need a pin cusion? My sis has a lot of them - she down in Alerbamy makin' quilts all the time. Land sakes, she won best quilt at the state fair cople months ago (that is for real - she did) Recon that you'all can fixen 'puter screen with one na hers??

An' what I wan'ner no is how in the dikkens did ya find out 'bout my Studerbaker?? Man, it is a classic! Its one a them two door jobbies with tail fins. I needa to werk, on it though.  I needa rebuild the moto of that thing so it'll run gooder. I needa re-bore the cilinders. One a the righs brke and scored up the hole its in.  Now thats'a job! Tried ta use a 'tater peeler but the engine is harder than the metle. Thought I'd need whole new moto' but a feller don tha road siad they have a place you can haul it to and they got the big MotoMachien that takes out the grooves.

Techernology! Ain't it grate?

« Last Edit: 26/08/2009 04:03:18 by JimBob »

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
What sheeps did this?
« Reply #15 on: 26/08/2009 19:56:40 »
Well see there y' go 'bout all yer book lernin' an' all, but it's all 'vailable on the TeeVee. Now, if you'd been awatchin that nice Neil feller with the Nova wotsit show they has on that PeeBeeEsss channel, 'sted o' crawlin round under that ol' Studerbaker trying to fix the moto', youd know a mite more 'bout them heggis things they has up there near Iceland.

No disrespectin mind, but I reckon you're mite confuzed thar. See, that nice Neil feller was 'splainin that them heggis is really a wild animal. Lordy, it's only got three legs, an' one is longer than the other two!

Turns out that place where them fellers with the plad skirts come from is so dang hilly, poor heggis is always runnin round the side o' a hill. So everlooshun give'm one long leg so he don't roll down the hill all the time.

On account o' how ther's no possums up thar (too near the articulated circle I figures) them fellers in the plad skirts goes huntin' heggis with ther shootin irns. They eats them, then they makes the skins into them things they keep their money 'n stuff in. Y'll see them dangling down front o' thern plad skirts.

Mazin what you can lern from the TeeVee!

(I drew'd a little picture fer you so you get's my drift)

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
What sheeps did this?
« Reply #16 on: 26/08/2009 20:40:13 »
JimBob, now as falls comin' in, it's gettin' mighty chilly these parts. Do we still got to be nekked when we does this postin' thang?

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What sheeps did this?
« Reply #17 on: 27/08/2009 03:13:20 »
Man, you dun gud on that man with'a skit! I Khant do it, no way, no how. An here I waz think that there PeeBeeEsss was talkin bout telerscopes in space, up whar there ain't no air. Lied again!

Yer fibbin thar! - ever'n nows them heggis hav fer legs! But didja know about that thar thingy them fel'ers wit skirts have 'cross ther 'nads? Its made frum 2 diifernt speices of heggis. Yep, a  left-handered heggis and right-handered heggis. The right handered go eatin' 'roun the hill like a clok and the left-handered heggis go the other way 'roun. Keeps em from mating with each udeur. so they're 2. 'Zakly like - but just like loooken in'na mirere. That feller who had the ide-er that we was once apes might be on'na som'in' Its everlution or revolution- na, not rvolution. them Yankees thougt we suthners were doin that bout a hunerd years ago. Mus be everlution.

But I de-gress. The way them funny fellers make there 'nad coverin' heggis is ta get one of each speices - that way they dont need ta cut a back or a front. They benn thinkin on that a bit. Why they still live in that rain beats me. Think they'da got outa there for now. Smart in sum things - dumb in udders.

Ya no? My dang foot hert. I droped one of them cilinders from the Study' moto on it. Almost came up one toe short!

Yep. Thems the ruls! Why da hek ya think I'm in Texas? Taday it was 104 where I be.

In them mountins, yall got any that white rain yet? I done heard it already done that in east part of Iderwhore, near Mizzoula. OWW-EE must be kinna breeze trying ta hit the keys of that 'puter when ya gutta post ta this form!

Ya got any more tall tails ta tell? 'Bout Sheep 'er summin? I got'a git. Neez my beauty sllep!

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What sheeps did this?
« Reply #18 on: 27/08/2009 06:40:10 »
Someone needs a major FOG for saying "sheeps"

Offline Variola

• Neilep Level Member
  • Everyone should beware of The Pox...
    • View Profile
What sheeps did this?
« Reply #19 on: 27/08/2009 12:49:38 »
Someone needs a major FOG for saying "sheeps"

I have a headache from reading it all....it is like a bad episode of Little House on the Prarie!

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
What sheeps did this?
« Reply #20 on: 27/08/2009 16:23:18 »
Not even "The Dukes of Hazzard County"?

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
What sheeps did this?
« Reply #21 on: 27/08/2009 16:26:08 »
BTW (I'm "'fraid" to ask) but I could not find FOG in any chat room dictionaries. Must be some antipodean slang.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What sheeps did this?
« Reply #22 on: 27/08/2009 18:35:36 »
A FOG is endemic to this forum. It is someone correcting a slight transgression in usage of the English language or a minuscule aberration of  fact - I believe it stands for "Finicky Old Git"

As for antipodean - it is just the British being arses.

Any news on your new moto for you CRT?
« Last Edit: 28/08/2009 19:18:52 by JimBob »

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
What sheeps did this?
« Reply #23 on: 28/08/2009 01:27:41 »
Got it. Then the one objecting to the inappropriate use of English would be the aforementioned FOG?

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What sheeps did this?
« Reply #24 on: 28/08/2009 01:47:13 »
si, moto

The Naked Scientists Forum

What sheeps did this?
« Reply #24 on: 28/08/2009 01:47:13 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums