The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Do ALL Animals Throw Up When Up The Duff (Pregnant ) ?  (Read 4713 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
As a sheepy I of course used to be inside a preggy girly !...I (as a sheepy)  am also responsible for making ewe's preggy too !

Out of all the reproduction scenarios of being 'with child'...being preggy is my all time favourite.

look at  Penny Pingleton-Mishap the 3rd here..

Penny Being Well Preggy

she's well knocked up !!

Penny waits until lunch before she projectile vomits everywhere.

I was wondering just before I go to Tescos* with wifey ....do all animals get sick when they are preggy ?..what about fish ?

..and why do preggy girlies get sick anyway !

I have to say ...........I LUFF preggy girlies !!

Hugs & shmsihes

mwah mwah mwah

Neil
It's Something About The Curve
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

* There are good supermarkets shops also available in your local area, but if TESCO wish to add twenty zillion points onto my clucb card I would be most grateful and will mention their name again

Offline rosy

• Neilep Level Member
  • Chemistry
    • View Profile
Do ALL Animals Throw Up When Up The Duff (Pregnant ) ?
« Reply #1 on: 28/08/2009 17:18:05 »
Not all animals are sick when pregnant. I know almost nothing about pregnancy, but I do know that horses are never sick at all*... which is sometimes unfortunate for them as when they eat something that disagrees with them, where it might be better to throw it up, they can't and it has to go all the way through.

*Many years ago I used to be a horsey little girl.. until the horses I was given to ride were big enough to scare my mum, at which point the funding mysteriously dried up.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28/08/2009 19:10:57 »
Not all animals are sick when pregnant. I know almost nothing about pregnancy, but I do know that horses are never sick at all*... which is sometimes unfortunate for them as when they eat something that disagrees with them, where it might be better to throw it up, they can't and it has to go all the way through.

*Many years ago I used to be a horsey little girl.. until the horses I was given to ride were big enough to scare my mum, at which point the funding mysteriously dried up.

Hi Rosy and thank ewe for your answer !..That is amazing that horsies never vomit !...how on earth did that evolve ?....awwww..I hope ewe are able to rekindle your horsey enjoying days soon !

Offline JnA

• Neilep Level Member
  • Stunt Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29/08/2009 01:47:14 »
There have not been many studies on other animals, but from what we know it seems that other mammals do not suffer from morning sickness.
Since we aren't really sure why humans get morning sickness (speculation leads to a protection device) it's a bit difficult to look to other animals.
Not *all* human females experience morning sickness and, of those that do, the intensity varies from feelings of nausea to intensive vomiting.
So, why do we think humans experience it? Humans tend to have a very wide diet (unlike most animals) morning sickness may protect the embryo from potentially dangerous substances in the time when organ development is most susceptible to chemicals.
From my own experience I found the symptoms of morning sickness occurred before I actually got pregnant. While taking the preparatory drugs for IVF... so I was ripped off during the cycles that didn't work.

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
« Reply #4 on: 30/08/2009 11:44:45 »
* There are good supermarkets shops also available in your local area, but if TESCO wish to add twenty zillion points onto my clucb card I would be most grateful and will mention their name again

You'll be lucky!!!

Do the prospective Dad's suffer too, if they experience a phantom preggers?

I used to get morning sickness every day. Now I just avoid mirrors, that seems to have done the trick.

Edit: Phew! quicky edit before I get FOGGED.
« Last Edit: 30/08/2009 11:46:46 by Don_1 »

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09/09/2009 19:23:43 »
Candy doesn't go off because it has such a high sugar content. Eat lots of it and you may need to revisit the idea that things that don't go off don't cause nausea and vomiting.
Incidentally, I heard that rats don't (or can't) vomit.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #5 on: 09/09/2009 19:23:43 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums