The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: The fossil of people is found together with dinosaurs  (Read 24352 times)

Offline OokieWonderslug

• View Profile
Re: The fossil of people is found together with dinosaurs
« Reply #25 on: 12/02/2014 05:20:47 »
When I was 17 I made a living digging coal out of a seam on a mountain in WV. On one of the last loads of coal I dug out of the seam I found embedded in the coal a cheap gold plated necklace. It had a purple plastic heart on it and a modern clasp. I dug it 15 ft back in the mountain and there was no possible way it came from anywhere else. I had it for years until I felt compelled to give it to a girl I was dating. She had no clue how potentially valuable it was. You can buy similar necklaces from Walmart for less than $5.

I have no clue how it got there. The coal is 300 million years old. It was undisturbed ground. But I found it. Doesn't mean there were humans with factories 300 million years ago, but I will be damned if I do know what it means. Things turn up where they ought not be. No one can figure why. Doesn't make the Flintstones real. Certainly odd find though.

Offline eternity

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21/03/2014 04:27:05 »
Re: original posting.

Is this what creationists are doing now?

First, they try to convince the public that dinosaurs and humans lived side by side however many millions of years ago. They do this by;

A - getting some 'geologists' (or in this case people with a background in geology from an internet forum) to say, no matter how tenuous, that it is 'a possibility'. Then, they proceed to massively misquote/misrepresent the findings and in the case of the forum, the source (not to mention part of it being lost in translation).

B- just making footprints or dropping artifacts next to some dinosaur fossils. They then send for a newspaper reporter who photographs the 'evidence'. This then gets circulated on the internet and inevitably becomes irrefutable fact.

Secondly, when people seem adequately convinced (subdued) of the two living side by side, they then start moving the dates up a bit to this all happening 5000 years ago.  :o

I may be a cynic but this research seems awfully agenda based to me.
« Last Edit: 21/03/2014 04:48:26 by eternity »

Offline Bill S

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23/03/2014 16:40:47 »
Here photos:
http://picasaweb.google.ru/valentindolzhenko 

Some interesting photos: 9/10 for imagination in interpreting them.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #27 on: 23/03/2014 16:40:47 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums