Life Sciences > Physiology & Medicine

What makes sperm smell? Can a Vasectomy change sperm odour?

<< < (5/6) > >>

Karen W.:
Thanks for that Variola.. now I understand what you mean..

Patel:
I know sperm is only 3% of semen but I'm sure that semen has an other smell and odor after vasectomy. Since I'm vasectomized women say my cum smells better and the taste is softer. On the web I found many persons (men and women) with the same experience. Some people says that the cum of a vasectomized man is lighter and a little more watery. It's my experience too and I know some urologists who inform their patients for this before... But the differences before/after vasectomy are smaller than the differences between different men so you can't recognize if a man is snipped if you didn't know him before.

Karen W.:
Here  is the deal.. The gentleman that was my partner at this time, That I refer, had just had a vasectomy about a week to 10 days prior to our coupling..lol Now I noticed this very bad odor as removed the condom.. to dispose of it.. because the odor grabbed my nose, and not being sure where it came from, I raised the condom up closer to discover it was the sperm inside the condom that was so strong and very very unpleasant..., worrisome really and not only was the smell bad but the color was rather darkish like off blackish green kinda.. thin and barely any there.. what was there was very strong and  made me worry... not for me but for him...

I was very polite, and simply said nothing, as this was our first encounter.... I was not sure as to what to say or how to ask so I simply did not ask...So what do you think now?

Karen W.:

--- Quote from: Patel on 23/12/2009 14:00:17 ---I know sperm is only 3% of semen but I'm sure that semen has an other smell and odor after vasectomy. Since I'm vasectomized women say my cum smells better and the taste is softer. On the web I found many persons (men and women) with the same experience. Some people says that the cum of a vasectomized man is lighter and a little more watery. It's my experience too and I know some urologists who inform their patients for this before... But the differences before/after vasectomy are smaller than the differences between different men so you can't recognize if a man is snipped if you didn't know him before.

--- End quote ---
Thank you for this answer and the message you were very helpful.. I appreciate your candor Patel!

HappyHubby:
This may be an old topic but I thought it relevant to post for the benefit of others.

I had a vasectomy when I was around 26. Prior to this my semen was what I would consider to be normal, neither strong in taste or smell which was very well received so to speak.
I am also very very particular about personal hygiene and had never had any problems regarding the smell from semen on my penis.

Since my vasectomy my semen changed almost over night. It had a much stronger chlorine like smell and I mean much stronger. I also found that even the slightest residue left on my penis for even a short time soon smelt rather smelly.
It was as though my semen had become an overnight bacteria trap able to decompose very quickly.

My wife also noticed the change in my semen so much so that I no longer ejaculate inside her as she is also a very hygienic person who is lucky enough to have no vaginal odour at all. The choice to withdraw was my own as I feel it is unfair to impose my fluid onto her given the circumstances.

The quantity of seminal fluid post vasectomy was also reduced and the colour changed to now having a very slight yellow tinge. Following ejaculation I have also found that sometimes even after a good meticulous shower or bath I can still smell the slight odour which does increase as the day progresses.

Although this is a pretty embarrassing subject for a man to talk about I feel it is important to share my views.

Would I recommend a vasectomy? No is the answer based on my experience but that is only my personal view.

I do have a strong suspicion that this problem is far more common amongst post vasectomy men than is portrayed, simply because most men don't like to talk about it. However a simple google search and judging by the number of views that this thread has gained, I do feel that I am not alone.

Fortunately for me my gorgeous wife is very loving and understanding. I am very fortunate in that respect but had I been a single man who was seeking a new relationship I know how self concious I would feel.

I hope my experience is of value to someone and remember that it doesn't change the person but it can change the reaction of others.

This is a fine way to introduce myself here  :I :I :I :0 ;)

Best wishes to all
HH

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

[0] Board index